Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 261 to 280 of 3,356

Dezzy

I feel like a simple and repeated visual style makes it easier to assess the puzzle as well. You know which parts are interactive or not.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DenDen

A ballance between old dungeons and the new ones whould be amazing, the idea of temple only items sounds Nice to me as well.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Octane

Spanjard wrote:

Eh, traditional dungeons we’re becoming stale so I was glad they changed it up a bit. I don’t want any returning. Something new and better is what I expect and I think they’ll deliver.

You can hardly call it ''stale'' when the last good Zelda with proper dungeons came out 13 years ago

Octane

TuVictus

Dezzy wrote:

How many people care that the shrines/dungeons have the same visual style throughout BotW?

I heard a lot of people complaining about that, but I can't think of anything I care less about.
Some dungeons in previous games did have awesome settings and atmosphere, but I feel like BotW had enough of that out in the world anyway, so I was completely fine with dungeons being just copy and pasted.

Of all my issues, the aesthetic of the dungeons isn't exactly a high one, but that doesn't mean I still didn't find it pretty lazy in terms of design. Would much prefer themed puzzles, or at least a different color pallette for all the neon lol

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

JoyBoy

Octane wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

Eh, traditional dungeons we’re becoming stale so I was glad they changed it up a bit. I don’t want any returning. Something new and better is what I expect and I think they’ll deliver.

You can hardly call it ''stale'' when the last good Zelda with proper dungeons came out 13 years ago

Nostalgia is a beautiful thing

I also didn’t mind the aesthetic of the dungeons/shrines. It creates a nice contrast between nature and technology and it just feels good to step out and see the beautiful world again. But I’m sure pretty much everyone will be satisfied with the aesthetics in the next release now that they have more time.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Diddy64

As DenDen previously said, I think that a balance between theme dungeons and divine beast/shrines is the best option so that we can have more variety.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

TommyTendo

Breath of the Wild just felt like an open world game with a Zelda skin. There was a lack of a good story, soundtrack, dungeons, cool unbreakable items, like the hookshot etc.

However, this new game might fix some of my issues. The game is darker for once, which is nice, it seems to have a focus on lore and story and maybe I'll be lucky and get some THEMED dungeons. It was so boring that the shrines all shared the same theme, and the beasts were mediocre at best.

DenDen

Well I can understand @NorseGamerTommy
Opinion, I have some sorta same feeling its a great game, fantastic even but to me it doenst feel that much like zelda as the previous ones, but is that a bad thing? Not for me

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

Hey man, A Link Between Worlds had some great dungeons, very focused with little necessity for backtracking. It really showed what they could do with dungeon design when they know you should have every tool you need going into it, instead of designing them around an item that you'll only get halfway through it, nor did they have to worry about making sure the dungeons increased in complexity in order to support your increasingly bloated inventory, save for the final dungeon. It was easily the most polished dungeon experience I've ever seen in a Zelda game, on top of how the "choose your own path" aspect enhanced the overall adventure experience - I didn't dread the fact that I had to go into another dungeon in order to progress, they were just an extension of that exploration and discovery!

I also liked how in Skyward Sword, the whole lead-up to the dungeon was essentially a dungeon itself. It really helped to blur the lines between where the dungeon starts and stops, making it feel like when I go inside, I'm engaging with a more intense version of what I've already been experiencing, instead of feeling like someone just ripped the game out of my console and replaced it with Puzzle Palace 28: Hookshot Hoedown.

Twilight Princess may have been the best Zelda could offer with the old formula, but honestly, I think that's because the formula itself was long overdue for a change.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

What's wrong with Skyward Sword and Link Between Worlds?

Monkeido

I really don't understand why they didn't add the hookshot into the game as a late game item.

This article explains it a bit, but doesn't really say why they didn't want it as a late game item either:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/09/zelda-breath-of-the-w...

My favourite Zelda will (probably) always be OoT. I really hope in BotW2 they will add more unique music and themed dungeons that are approachable from different sides and solvable in different orders. I loved BotW, but adding some more Zelda-esque things to it, while still keeping it open-ended, would be amazing.

Monkeido

Octane

@Dezzy Neither can be played with a proper controller

Octane

DenDen

My favorite stil is majora's mask.
Majora's mask has everything I like great story good locations Nice atmosphere I hope BO2 has more story elements and themed dungeons .
Bring back more of the traditional Zelda tunes and Im a happy man

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Ralizah

MM3D > BotW > ALBW > WWHD > Everything else

Traditional Zelda titles get old fast for me.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

Monkeido wrote:

I really don't understand why they didn't add the hookshot into the game as a late game item.

Revali's Gale + Paraglider = Hookshot.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

@Tsurii

And I believe this device is called the 2DS "proper controller add-on":

Untitled

Eel

I have that attachment. It at least a similar one.

It's honestly quite nice. You can't switch cartridges with it on, though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

kkslider5552000

I wasn't as crazy about ALBW as some people were (mostly because the world of LTTP is boring to me), but I won't deny the quality of the dungeons for a second. Honestly, I might even go so far as to say there isn't a Zelda game with as many great dungeons, and lacks one I didn't like (though the Dark Palace was close at points).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

@Tsurii
ALBW is way up there as one of the best in the series for me. I thought it had some of the best dungeons they've ever made! It's either third of fourth in my ranking.

1. Ocarina
2. Breath of the Wild
3. ALBW or Windwaker.

Edited on by Dezzy

Monkeido

Dezzy wrote:

Monkeido wrote:

Revali's Gale + Paraglider = Hookshot.

I still think double hookshot would've been nice to have.

Monkeido

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic