Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2.0

Posts 161 to 180 of 347

iKhan

Tsurii wrote:

Monolith f***ing Soft

Semi off-topic, but I don't think BOTW and likely BOTW2 would be half as good without Monolith doing the topography. Those guys are absolute wizards for hiding things within a landscape.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Grumblevolcano

It all depends how Nintendo want to handle the existence of the next gen consoles. 1st year of a Sony/Microsoft console is generally pretty weak outside the first few months so that's why I guessed March 2021. Let a crazy 2017-esque year begin with BotW 2 when the other 2 consoles are not really doing much but announce plenty of them in 2020 to show the smaller quantity is not Nintendo returning to Wii U era output.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

@Tsurii
Relax, my friend. Everything is going to be ok.

I've been gaming for 30 years, and my gut's telling me 2021. That's all. I could be totally, completely, horribly wrong. Or I could be right. Same goes for you. But please, it's not worth writing a term paper/raising your blood pressure.

(Your post also serves to illustrate what makes me so disgusted with Nintendo and this game right now.)

rallydefault

jump

Morpheel wrote:

Secretly, pikmin 4 is just a pikmin 3+hey! Pikmin combo remake.

Lower your expectations, it's gonna be more of those Pikmin short films.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@rallydefault But how can Metroid be next year when they scrapped everything they had earlier this year, and started over from scratch? You're suggesting a completely new game in less than two years! Now that's stretching it I think

I find it hard to believe they scrapped absolutely everything. That would make Namco one of the most incompetent devs in history.
At the very least, surely they got some textures and 3D models that were reusable.
I think they just said they started completely from scratch as a way of making sure people's expectations were tempered.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Well, it's sadly possible that they decided to literally start from scratch, @Dezzy .... Maybe they weren't happy with the textures & models? Best assume the worst for now, then there's a chance you'll be pleasantly surprised when they announce it's release

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Ralizah

2021 is almost unthinkable for BotW2 if it has been in development for a significant length of time. Most of the time-consuming stuff is likely already done.

And unless MP4 was scrapped and restarted LONG before it was publicly announced, I'm expecting it to be late 2021 or perhaps even later.

Ralizah

jump

I'm not sure if it's already been brought up but there was a famous leaker (can't remember which one) teasing it's release in 2020. It was something along the lines of Breath Of The Wild fans are gonna be happy in 2020 way way before the game was announced. Of course additional delays may have between the two.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

iKhan

I really hope they increase the number of scripted events in this game. The best parts in BOTW were those that involved stumbling into a situation with a scripted event, most notably the Naydra boss fight, but also running into Prince Sidon, or triggering other story events.

Exploration isn't fun unless you are looking for fun things.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Dezzy

iKhan wrote:

The best parts in BOTW were those that involved stumbling into a situation with a scripted event, most notably the Naydra boss fight,

That and Eventide Island were my favourite things I found randomly whilst exploring. They were so much better if you didn't know about them ahead of time.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

Yeah, I'm definitely on the side that BOTW2 is not coming anytime soon. Like it's not gonna take 4+ years or whatever, but "development has begun" seems to usually mean "this game is gonna take a while".

I'm almost certain Mario Odyssey 2 will come out first tbh.

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Dezzy

iKhan wrote:

Tsurii wrote:

Monolith f***ing Soft

Semi off-topic, but I don't think BOTW and likely BOTW2 would be half as good without Monolith doing the topography. Those guys are absolute wizards for hiding things within a landscape.

Do we actually know for sure what they did?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

Well, Monolith Soft Kyoto and Monolith Soft Tokyo are two completely different teams. One does Xenoblade (Tokyo), and the other functions as an extension of Nintendo EAD (Kyoto). So the people developing XCX and XC2 had less influence on BOTW than some people think they had. I mean, they Monolith Kyoto also worked on Pikmin 3 and Splatoon, so yeah

Octane

jump

Octane wrote:

Well, Monolith Soft Kyoto and Monolith Soft Tokyo are two completely different teams. One does Xenoblade (Tokyo), and the other functions as an extension of Nintendo EAD (Kyoto). So the people developing XCX and XC2 had less influence on BOTW than some people think they had. I mean, they Monolith Kyoto also worked on Pikmin 3 and Splatoon, so yeah

I had to re-read that as I thought you were talking about the same company. I'm gonna make a suggestion to Nintendo that they call one Monolith Soft Apple and the other one Monolith Soft Orange from now on.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

Oh ok so it's essentially meaningless then. Like saying that Bioware are currently working on a new Mass Effect (when they were making Andromeda).
Except it turns out that it was a completely new Bioware studio who'd never made a game themselves, so we know nothing about them.
Although that may be a bad example given that all of Bioware seem to have lost their mojo now.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Therad

Dezzy wrote:

Oh ok so it's essentially meaningless then. Like saying that Bioware are currently working on a new Mass Effect (when they were making Andromeda).
Except it turns out that it was a completely new Bioware studio who'd never made a game themselves, so we know nothing about them.
Although that may be a bad example given that all of Bioware seem to have lost their mojo now.

That seems to be the modus operandi of EA, buy a studio, churn out a rushed game or two while people still remembers the old one fondly, close down the studio.

Therad

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic