Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 3,410

jump

Don't worry folks, I'm sure Nintendo will unveil more about Zelda at E3 oh wait...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kermit1doesmath

jump wrote:

Don't worry folks, I'm sure Nintendo will unveil more about Zelda at E3 oh wait...

Untitled

dysgraphia awareness human

Rambler

jump wrote:

@dionysos283 I'm assuming it can be used for puzzles in some form too, like there's some McGuffin in a room with no doors so you need to figure out how to ascend into it type of thing.

How the ***** did link get in there in the first place, huh? HUH?

Rambler

JaxonH

@VoidofLight
Eh, I don't care. He's just communicating what the reddit leak was. Personal feelings toward him should be irrelevant. It's the information within that matters

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

VoidofLight

@JaxonH Eh... when his personality is so ingrained into his content, I'd say it matters quite a bit, at least to the video.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

JaxonH

@VoidofLight
I'm not a particular fan of his, am not subscribed, but I see nothing about his personality that's offensive in this video. It's actually rather enjoyable.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

VoidofLight

@JaxonH His personality is moreso grating and he acts like Nintendo owes him stuff. The dude is just like any other annoying Nintendo youtuber who covers leaks.

jump

@Rambler Nintendo took inspiration from the death of Gareth Williams, a MI6 spy who was found dead and contorted in a padlocked bag but they were pretty sure he did it to himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Gareth_Williams

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Rambler

@jump
A man rides into town on Friday, stays three nights and rides out again on Friday. HOW?? HOW DOES HE DO THAT??????

Rambler

JaxonH

Theory time.

In BotW, you completed shrines to get those orbs, which let you upgrade your hearts and stamina.

Seems to me the "tears" of the Kingdom are what we'll collect as we journey, and can use to upgrade our health and stamina. This would make them optional.

Other possibility is, you collect them when beating dungeons, and need them for progression. This would make them mandatory. If this is the case, there will have to be something else we get for health/stamina upgrades.

Given the Zelda team never fails to impress with mainline entries, and the sheer scope of being the sequel to one of their most highly praised and best selling games of all time, the half decade of development time, and the fact they already had a base to work from, I suspect there's a pretty big aspect of this game we don't yet know about.

Could be underground Caverns in addition to Sky islands, which would provide 3 levels of exploration, could be large scale dungeons returning, could be a dual world mechanic like Metroid Prime 2 and Link Between Worlds, could be underwater swimming with a sea kingdom... or it could be a combination of several of these things. Hard to guess, really. But there's definitely something going on they're not telling us.

And I'm anxious to find out what it is.

Edited on by JaxonH

Rambler

@jump
They being the met police according to that wiki entry. Hmmmm

Rambler

Kermit1doesmath

Rambler wrote:

@jump
A man rides into town on Friday, stays three nights and rides out again on Friday. HOW?? HOW DOES HE DO THAT??????

Simple, he forgot to mention he has a Delorean time machine.

dysgraphia awareness human

jump

@Rambler I've heard that one before but with a variation of it so it a man on a business trip and the answer is he "rides" Girl Friday or something like that.

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

@jump
Rough!

@JaxonH
I'm definitely hoping that there is an underground as well as the sky lands. Obviously, I wouldn't mind some actual Zelda dungeons, but could these be the shrines in this game? So definitely more dungeon-like, but many more than usual, and shorter.

Rambler

Ryu_Niiyama

Would the shrines work? Lore wise? The Monks give up their life essence and fade when Link completes their trials. It is still nuts that 120 of them volunteered to die in semi suspended animation/meditation to prep the new Hero centuries later. Sorta hammers home just how desperate they were to stop Ganon. (Granted without Ganondorf’s ambition, Ganon just wants to kill everyone so it makes sense).

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Rambler
Hard to say. It is a Zelda game so we know it'll have some kind of dungeon-like puzzle rooms, be it shrines, divine beasts or more traditional dungeons. What form they take is anyone's guess, however.

The thing with shrines is, they worked really, really well as a gameplay mechanic. With 120 bite sized dungeons spread all over the map you had to find, figure out how to access and then solve, it allowed the game to offer a very solid mix of exportation and puzzle solving, with 4 larger divine beast dungeons.

I think that concept would still work really well, but I don't think they'll repeat it, for a few reasons. First being lore- it wouldn't make sense. Second being none are visible from the gameplay despite the horizon showing as far as the eye can see. Third being the fact it might feel too similar to a retread of BotW.

For those reasons, I suspect the puzzle rooms will be actual dungeons this time. Now. Whether it's 12 super large dungeons, or 25 medium sized dungeons, or 100 mini-dungeons, I haven't the slightest. It's possible they do like, 100 mini-dungeons similar to shrines, with 10-15 medium sized dungeons. Kinda like BotW, but without them being "shrines" and having 2-4x more larger dungeons than just the four divine beasts.

So while it's all but certain the game will have dungeons of some sort, we won't really know what form they'll take til we get our hands on it.

@Ryu_Niiyama
Ya, shrines are probably out, especially since none were visible in the gameplay shown. But it could still have 100+ mini-dungeons that mechanically serve a similar purpose as shrines.

Edited on by JaxonH

Mrkittyhead

@Slowdive whoa, that’s awesome. Here’s a thought: there was that giant paraglider thing that Link was riding on at the end of that one trailer, so maybe one of them has to do with that? I really hope they are tied to new abilities, but I’ll be satisfied if not.

Mrkittyhead

imagazelle

They made it a point to mention and show "several man-made structures" amongst the sky islands, including at least one very large example that we've seen before:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Could this be an example of TotK's version of dungeons?

imagazelle

VoidofLight

@imagazelle The tower doesn't really look like a dungeon, especially since this area here seems to be moreso the starting area of the game itself. It's more likely to be the building you start in.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic