Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 121 to 140 of 3,395

Eel

So you'd prefer to play as Zelda (in tights) before you get to play as Zelda (in dress).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

Morpheel wrote:

So you'd prefer to play as Zelda (in tights) before you get to play as Zelda (in dress).

Yep, I've rarely touched Zelda in Smash however I occasionally play as Sheik.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

Tsurii wrote:

Someone point out already how Link has the blue, glowy "gauntlet" from the teaser on that mural that gets shown when Impa talks about Ganon? Seems like they've planned to do this for quite a while.

Also, there's already a bunch of differences in the over world that, while not super huge outside of one thing, point towards the sequel likely being set at least a little further into the future (like, probably months rather than days/weeks until Link and Zelda decide to descend into the caves beneath Hyrule Castle)
The only really big difference is that Death Mountain's calm again.

With the towers and shrines being missing it could just as easily point to it being set in the past before the shrines were built, possibly with the story explaining how the Guardians, shrines etc came about.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

Or most likely, they simply retracted now that they've accomplished their mission.

We know they all can magically pop up when they're "activated", so it would make sense for them to be able to go back down when they're not needed.

It would be interesting to see the kingdom of hyrule that far back into the past, but if it was this identical to present day hyrule, that would be a bit underwhelming.

Thinking about it, the idea of all that technology going back underground ties in nicely with Link and Zelda exploring it (maybe that's even how the gained access to it, by going down a hole left by a shrine or tower).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Henmii

People immediately shouted after the teaser that it would be daaaaaark in tone, and I said: Yeah, right!

But now mister Aonuma himself has said that the game will be dark, even a bit darker then Majora's mask. I am very curious now. The last 5 or 10 years all their games are cheery and happy. Will this really be dark in tone? We will see...

Henmii

Eel

It will be zelda dark.

As in, slightly disturbing visually and tonally, but still sourrounded by silly charm.

Bloop.

Luna_110

I mean, Majora has its silly moments (aliens kidnapping cows, really?) but the game never lets you really forget that the apocalypse is happening in the background. I think it will probably be like that - some charming funny things here and there, but a far darker lore than BotW.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Snadertjuh

The sequel of the trailer doesn't make sense to me.

We see multiple scenes but not in a right order to me. Maybe we need to look further and place them in the right order.

I really like this dark environment and the come back of Ganondorf. Could we see a 2020 release?

From Holland, SW-8284-9406-5119

Octane

Of course, it was a teaser. Those are always as vague as possible.

Octane

BruceCM

There's bound to be plenty more info before game comes out.... Little we've seen looks good

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

I’m happy we had a teaser trailer at all.

It could’ve been just a name on a fancy background.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

-Green-

yeah, and it being what seems to be actual game cutscenes just give me more hope it's pretty far along in development.

better than what happened with prime 4 by a mile

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@-Green- Of course. I expect it to be a 2020 game.

Octane

Dezzy

I'm predicting christmas 2020 for this with big reveal at next E3. The only real reason to reuse the same engine and art assets is so you can shorten the development time. So that would be 3.5 years after the first. Seems reasonable.
It's also a good time for a big game because they'll need something to compete with the new consoles.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy I've said if before, if Death Stranding can be made from scratch in 3.5 years, then the same amount of time is definitely not unreasonable for a BOTW sequel.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane
We don't know how long Death Stranding is though. It could be a 10-hour long game. Whereas I assume this Zelda game will be of a similar length to BotW (40-50 hours minimum)

Edited on by Dezzy

R_Champ

I'd predict Holiday 2020 (with a possible delay into early 2021 like Animal Crossing if things get dicey). Super unlikely to get it this year, and very likely it'll be the centerpiece at next year's E3. Makes sense that even if it's done mid next year they'd just hold off for the holiday sales. That's probably why Nintendo's stock tanked after the Animal Crossing delay. All those delicious holiday sales up in the air like a puff of smoke. Not that I care, I'd much rather they delay so they don't work people to death. But I can see investors being upset.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Dezzy

I hope this means they're doing Mario Odyssey 2 as well. I assume they are.

BruceCM

Well, @Dezzy, BotW was out with Switch while SMO was October 27th... So, they only just said they started former, with not yet any idea when it'll be out. Expect SMO 2 or whatever to be out 6+ months after that, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic