Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,961 to 9,980 of 11,399

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Shadowrun was definitely a highlight for me. And Glocer getting a re-release N64 cart.

But I don't think Glover ends there, something tells me it's going to get a few physical releases.

Paraka

Magician

The bulk of what LRG showed was really good. My only grievance was the Bill & Ted's Excellent Retro Collection. Those games...are not good. And to have that bundle as a numbered release? As a collector who wants to keep their numbered releases complete, it feels like a grift.
Untitled

P.S. - Red Art Games's next physical release will be Smelter.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Still wondering where Katana Zero is.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

@Miadaskate Special Reserve are waiting for the DLC to ship for Katana Zero. Last I heard the DLC was planned for release in August. I imagine the physical release will open for preorder sometime shortly after.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

@Miadaskate Special Reserve are waiting for the DLC to ship for Katana Zero. Last I heard the DLC was planned for release in August. I imagine the physical release will open for preorder sometime shortly after.

Oh, Special Reserve. It’s been so long I couldn’t remember who was publishing the physical release. Thanks.

Currently Playing :

RupeeClock

@Miadaskate
If it's a Devolver Digital game, it's always, always going to be Special Reserve Games.
They might do a variant release through Limited Run Games as a partner, but they haven't done that in a while now.

RupeeClock

Magician

Bored. I feel like ranking the quality of LRG's announcements from yesterday.

BATS: Bloodsucker Anti-Terror Squad = 7/10 - I like a good action/platformer.
Bill & Ted's Excellent Retro Collection = 1/10 - Two bad games. A good way to bilk loyal customers.
Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition = 8/10 - A legendary point'n'click adventure.
Blossom Tales 2 = 7/10 - I have yet to play the first game. A Zelda-like; I've heard good things.
Deathwish = 8/10 - Clearly...Sunset Riders was this game's inspiration. Very excited for this.
DoDonPachi Resurrection = 9/10 - More physical releases for Cave games can only be a good thing.
DOOM Eternal = 9/10 - Will buy a copy on general principle.
Enclave = 6/10 - An above-average arpg. https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox/enclave
Espgaluda II = 9/10 - More physical releases for Cave games can only be a good thing.
Frogun = 6/10 - Charming...to be sure. But I'm not overly enthusiastic for this.
Garden Story = 7/10 - Perhaps the most "chill" game of the showcase?
Konami Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection = 9/10 - A physical copy of Lifeforce...and other games.
LUNARK = 6/10 - I'm not a fan of Flashback, but these pixel animations look great.
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties: Definitive Edition = 1/10 - It's a meme-worthy release.
PowerSlave: Exhumed = 8/10 - I'll take whatever boomer-shooters LRG want to serve up.
Rendering Ranger R-2 = 8/10 - Looks to be a good action game.
River City Girls 2 = 8/10 - The first game didn't set my hair on fire, but I love the genre so...
Shadowrun Trilogy = 9/10 - A legendary tactical rpg series.
Skelattack = 6/10 - It's...a mediocre action/platformer.
Spidersaurs = 7/10 - The concept is bonkers, like a low budget science/action movie. I'm here for it.
STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II = 9/10 - Like the first game, this release is hype.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge = 9/10 - Everyone wanted a release date. Denied!
Tetris® Effect: Connected = 10/10 - The standout announcement of the showcase, imo.
Undermine = 8/10 - Another action/roguelite. I like this genre.

BruceCM

The 1st Blossom Tales was pretty good, IMO, @Magician .... When's 2 coming out, August? I'll get that on Steam but I'm glad it's getting a physical for Switch! did they say when Shadowrun Trilogy would get the physical? I'd be inclined to cancel my digital preorder if it's coming soon enough

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

@BruceCM - No official date for LRG preorders. But an LRG tweet mentioned "later this year". Add another eight or nine months after preorders close for production time. Late next year, at the earliest, before it would be in your hands physically.

Zuljaras

@Magician But this is for the LRG version. The normal retail release could be earlier. I still regret purchasing Infernax from LRG as I could've had it much earlier at better cost from a local retailer.

I assume the same will happen with Shredder's Revenge.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Magician

@Zuljaras - I don't believe either Blossom Tales 2 or Shadowrun Trilogy will get a retail release.

BruceCM

Sounds about what I expected, @Magician .... I'll stick to the digital version myself but definitely glad it's getting a physical, since I know people do like those
Which are you hoping get retail releases, @Zuljaras ?

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Oh, OK, @Zuljaras .... Meaning there's another physical version announced?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Zuljaras

@BruceCM This is the info from NintendoLife article:

"As noted, this one is "coming soon" and more details about the Collector's Edition will be revealed next month on 6th June. And in case you're wondering, Merge Games will distribute the physical version in Europe, and Happinet and H2 Interactive will be handling the rest in Asia."

I will still follow the news and see if LRG will be the only one releasing it physically so I don't miss my chance!

But after all The Cowabunga collection is not a limited release and I ahve it pre-ordered at my local retailer.

Edited on by Zuljaras

BruceCM

OK, you probably know more about that particular release, @Zuljaras .... I know the Cowabunga Collection went up for pre-order in several places around here but not seen anyone doing Shredder's Revenge
Seems they're doing a free pizza with the release, which does sound great & it'd be a reasonable price for the standard version

SW-4357-9287-0699

Magician

@RupeeClock Yup, it's at the top of the "to do" list after I get home from work. Thanks for the reminder though. While I'm at it, I think I'm going to put a reserve on Yomawari 3 as well.

Miadaskate

RupeeClock wrote:

@Miadaskate
If it's a Devolver Digital game, it's always, always going to be Special Reserve Games.
They might do a variant release through Limited Run Games as a partner, but they haven't done that in a while now.

I didn’t think Limited Run was necessarily going to do it, I was just wondering about the game in general. My comment was probably bad timing being like a day after the LRG thingy.

Anyone have any plans to visit the LRG store? Zion’s video on it was really cool.

Currently Playing :

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician Just looking over your rankings got me thinking about the games which weren't announced...Obviously there are a number of companies like LRG out there, but Spelunky 1 + 2, Fez, The Touryst and Everhood not being announced makes me think the chances of any of those getting a physical in the next 12 months has reduced somewhat?

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic