Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,581 to 9,600 of 9,927

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician RPG's aren't something I have got into before, I want to try a couple out!

What do you think of Young Souls? when the trailer first started it reminded me of ITTA a little bit but with a completely different art style, but i'm not sure now.

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer

ITTA? Nah. My initial impressions of the art style were closer to Guacamelee.

Switch Physical Collection - 941 games (as of May 20th, 2022)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician I meant the gameplay rather than the art style! The game play trailer seems to show lots of boss battles.

I see what you mean about the art style and Guacamelee.

MarioBrickLayer

RupeeClock

Kao the Kangaroo getting a surprise revival with a physical Switch release coming this summer.

It looks pretty promising, one to keep an eye on.

The earlier games released in the early 2000s were nothing remarkable.

Other small thing, if you've been making use of the SWITCHMANIA voucher code on Play-Asia, it's apparently been updated to JPSWITCH.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Magician

Pix'n Love will be doing a 500-print super duper uber edition for Young Souls.

I don't collect vinyl, so that will be an easy skip for me, a standard copy will suffice.

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

RupeeClock

@Magician
There's also 1500 Collector's Editions copies, and presumably a few thousand more standard edition copies.

Super Rare Games just announced that Grapple Dog is getting its digital Switch + Steam release on February 10th, it's an obvious candidate for a future physical release.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock I have zero interest in Grapple Dog. And I hope SRG don't attempt to push preorders for it like they did for that asset flip, Heaven's Machine. By making Heaven's Machine part of bundle #17 they forced me to order Caveblazers and Mundaun separately. No bueno.

RupeeClock

@Magician
Heaven's Machine and the Super Rare Shorts line was a mistake, it won't surprise me if it turns out they won't make any more Shorts.
Grapple Dog looks far from being a low quality asset flip though.

Actually, I'd like to read up on Heaven's Machine being an asset flip, I was aware of a few assets being plagiarised from an anime or something, but that was it.

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

Horace has gone on sale at Super Rare Games, after 12 minutes only 28% of their stock is left, looks like it will he sold out soon.

MarioBrickLayer

RupeeClock

@MarioBrickLayer
23% after about 23 minutes.
I'm not certain it'll sell out right away, but the demand is there and it's a smaller print run.

RupeeClock

Magician

There's a listing for Squish over at Gamefly, published by PM Studios.

Tetris + platform fighter...?
https://www.gamefly.com/game/squish/5032987

Edited on by Magician

Belexes

I was stuck in meetings. Bought Horace SE at 12%. 4,000 print run may be gone by the end of the day. (other than the usual stock they keep on hand for damaged shipments, etc.)

Belexes

RupeeClock

Yacht Club Games' next project is on Kickstarter, Mina the Hollower.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/mina-the-...
They're offering physical copies of the game for Switch / PS4 / PS5 / Xbox at a $100 tier.
No option for a smaller pledge to get just the game without previous tier rewards just yet.
They've clarified the $100 pledge will include a digital and a physical copy of the game, so nice if you want to play the game without waiting for the physical, to maybe keep the physical sealed, to gift to someone, etc.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Magician

Kudos to the most manic of all the Switch collectors, JP Switchmania, for pointing out that Chocobo GP is up on Shop4. Free shipping for Murican customers. As per usual, UK customers should go over to 365games for their free shipping.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/chocobo-...

https://www.365games.co.uk/nintendo-switch-games/chocobo-gp-n...

RupeeClock

@Magician
Chocobo GP also recently showed up on Game.co.uk and Amazon UK.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-10007311-Chocobo-GP-Switch/...
The latter has an option to include or exclude pre-order bonuses, but they're just a key-chain and sticker sheet.

On GAME UK I've also spotted things like Ever Forward, and Grow: Song of the Evertree.

X-Bite haven't been keeping up on adding Switch games for pre-order recently, their selection is seemingly shrinking, but this may be more indicative of a shrinking retail market as more and more games are getting boutique releases.
https://www.365games.co.uk/pre-orders/nintendo-switch/sort-da...

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

Interesting Shipping update from Special Reserve Games:-

We are experiencing a temporary shipping slowdown, for two reasons:

(1) There have been shutdowns in the Netherlands, where the warehouse that we use for international shipping is located, and related issues that have caused some orders that are already in the Netherlands and sitting ready to ship to be delayed on their way out the door.

We thank you for your patience while this issue is being addressed.

(2) We are changing shipping and inventory software. There will be a delay on domestic orders, and all new orders, while we complete this shift.

We're expecting both issues to be resolved soon, although we are waiting on our partners for precise timelines.

If you have an outstanding support issue connected to shipping status, our team will let you know once we see some real movement on these fronts. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.

This explains the issue I've had with an order.

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

RupeeClock

Special Reserve Games also have an issue with shipping stuff to the UK, costs have skyrocketed and it can cost me like $50 to get an order with two or three games shipped now.

It's made me consider contacting Bazaar-Bazaar's UK branch if they would be willing to order quantities of future SRG releases, like they do with Limited Run Games, and also Premium Edition Games.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - No reason not to at least send them an email requesting it. May even put a bug in their ear.

Paraka

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic