Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,561 to 9,580 of 11,398

Magician

@Miadaskate Nice, although it seems Psychotic Adventures Origins production is still holding up delivery of the second triple set, which I ordered back in December 2019.

P.S. - And our next Korean exclusive is...Golf Club: Wasteland.
https://nintendosoup.com/golf-club-wasteland-switch-physical-...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician Thanks for posting that, is it true some games get a physical exclusive release in Asia? I get it for Japanese games, but this seems like something which would have international appeal?

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer Yeah, you get the occasional Korean exclusives that aren't published elsewhere. Other examples would be Buried Stars, River City Melee Mach, and Caladrius Blaze. Never mind all of the Play-Asia exclusives out of Hong Kong. Of which there are over twenty now.

Correction: The ratings system for Golf Club: Wasteland is from Taiwan, not Korea.

My fault.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

Special Reserve Games' upcoming Switch physical release is the long awaited Gato Roboto, no further details as of yet.
I'm hoping that Limited Run Games will be stocking a variant, as regrettably the cost of shipping SRG releases to the UK has gone up drastically, something other retailers like LRG have been able to work around.

The other big Special Reserve Games release I'm anticipating is Katana Zero.

RupeeClock

Magician

Mythic Ocean coming through LRG distribution.
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/in-stock-switch/produ...

As well as a physical release for Young Souls.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer

I would've preferred a physical copy of Actraiser Renaissance or Star Ocean First Departure R before Dungeon Encounters. But I have to admit, owning a physical copy of Dungeon Encounters will be dope. Talk about the rpg genre distilled. All respect due to Hiroyuki Ito, the father of the ATB system.

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician RPG's aren't something I have got into before, I want to try a couple out!

What do you think of Young Souls? when the trailer first started it reminded me of ITTA a little bit but with a completely different art style, but i'm not sure now.

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer

ITTA? Nah. My initial impressions of the art style were closer to Guacamelee.

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician I meant the gameplay rather than the art style! The game play trailer seems to show lots of boss battles.

I see what you mean about the art style and Guacamelee.

MarioBrickLayer

RupeeClock

Kao the Kangaroo getting a surprise revival with a physical Switch release coming this summer.

It looks pretty promising, one to keep an eye on.

The earlier games released in the early 2000s were nothing remarkable.

Other small thing, if you've been making use of the SWITCHMANIA voucher code on Play-Asia, it's apparently been updated to JPSWITCH.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Magician

Pix'n Love will be doing a 500-print super duper uber edition for Young Souls.

I don't collect vinyl, so that will be an easy skip for me, a standard copy will suffice.

RupeeClock

@Magician
There's also 1500 Collector's Editions copies, and presumably a few thousand more standard edition copies.

Super Rare Games just announced that Grapple Dog is getting its digital Switch + Steam release on February 10th, it's an obvious candidate for a future physical release.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock I have zero interest in Grapple Dog. And I hope SRG don't attempt to push preorders for it like they did for that asset flip, Heaven's Machine. By making Heaven's Machine part of bundle #17 they forced me to order Caveblazers and Mundaun separately. No bueno.

RupeeClock

@Magician
Heaven's Machine and the Super Rare Shorts line was a mistake, it won't surprise me if it turns out they won't make any more Shorts.
Grapple Dog looks far from being a low quality asset flip though.

Actually, I'd like to read up on Heaven's Machine being an asset flip, I was aware of a few assets being plagiarised from an anime or something, but that was it.

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

Horace has gone on sale at Super Rare Games, after 12 minutes only 28% of their stock is left, looks like it will he sold out soon.

MarioBrickLayer

RupeeClock

@MarioBrickLayer
23% after about 23 minutes.
I'm not certain it'll sell out right away, but the demand is there and it's a smaller print run.

RupeeClock

Magician

There's a listing for Squish over at Gamefly, published by PM Studios.

Tetris + platform fighter...?
https://www.gamefly.com/game/squish/5032987

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic