Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,521 to 9,540 of 11,393

Paraka

@JasmineDragon - Man, the legality ones are the worst. Been doing an effort to update my imports with better work over the years, outside the boutique, been updating every insert I can, using the NTSC style to make it more uniform, and go out of my way to at least have something on the insides.

Paraka

Zuljaras

For the first time I bought the Super Rare Games club membership. I know that I 100% want Vigil the Longest Night this year.

I hope they can surprise me with some quality games this year. Indie is good but not some very small and niche indie games, a little on the R rated games will please me

Personally I am hoping for Graveyard Keeper.

Paraka

Really curious; Has anyone seen any blip of news if more recent Pokémon DP shipments having that first day-one patch on the cart yet?

Paraka

Magician

@Zuljaras - I emailed SRG last year, asking about the possibility of Hand of Fate 2 being opted for a physical release. Seems as though Defiant Development passed. Beyond that I assume LRG have already cherry-picked several of the high profile indie releases. TMNT: Shredder's Revenge, River City Girls 2, Shadow Man Remastered, etc. And I'd also appreciate a Switch physical release for Demon's Tilt since that was a PS4-only physical release from LRG last year.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer No doubt the TMNT name carries a lot of cache with gamers. It'll just depend on what publisher Dotemu wants to do. Maybe they'll opt for multiple physical releases as they did for Streets of Rage 4? Maybe they won't.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

In case you were on the fence about buying Eastward from Play-Asia (like me), according to ChuckleFish on their accolades video posted on their channel today, they are working with iam8bit with more news on an exact date as soon as they have it.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Aurumonado

@Miadaskate Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting for the NA release for some reason.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

Miadaskate

Aurumonado wrote:

@Miadaskate Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting for the NA release for some reason.

You’re welcome. I’ve been waiting as well. Good things come to those who wait!

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Just a reminder, if you're an rpg fan, Maglam Lord's western release is next month. It won't be an award-winner, but I think it'll be a solid 7/10 experience with a low-ish physical print run. That single-plane combat reminds me of Tales of Phantasia. I'm kind of smitten.

dmcc0

@Magician Hadn't come across this before - looks pretty decent from the trailer and Amazon UK also have a pre-order 50% discount too. Can't really go wrong at that price, thanks for the heads up

dmcc0

Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
I'm definitely grabbing that, I've been looking forward to Pocky & Rocky Reshrined for some time.
Play-asia has a persistent 5% discount code SWITCHMANIA you can use too.

Since it's an Asia English release, I imagine it'll show up on sites like Bazaar-Bazaar and 365games/shop4megastore too, but to be honest 365games haven't been keeping up on adding Switch games for pre-order lately.

RupeeClock

Magician

For those Murican collectors who want the special edition of Triangle Strategy, I notice preorders have opened over at Shop4. Personally, I think the swag in this edition looks lackluster. I'll be content with a standard copy. But hey, someone else round these parts might want to throw down a preorder.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/project-...

Aurumonado

@RupeeClock @Magician Is Pocky and Rocky getting a physical english release or is this our only option?

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

RupeeClock

@Aurumonado
I doubt this'll be the only option, as this came from the same team that brought us Wild Guns Reloaded, and The Ninja Saviors Return of the Warriors.
The former got a wider US retail release and a limited EU release via Strictly Limited Games.
And the latter got wider US and EU retail releases from ININ games, which fall under the same umbrella as SLG.

RupeeClock

Magician

I hope LRG slow down their Switch preorder frequency here in 2022.

I now have 20 orders (40 games) awaiting fulfillment.

RupeeClock

@Magician
I have 7 orders with around 32 Switch games awaiting fulfillment here. I place fewer orders nearer the end of pre-order windows to save on international shipping.
I'm thankful that LRG have managed to maintain affordable shipping on orders delivered to the UK, where other companies like Special Reserve Games and Fangamer.com have not.

I was planning on placing an order today actually, but LRG announced an extension for their Monster Sanctuary pre-orders, so they can bundle the Forgotten World DLC.
As a result, I've decided to order Windjammers 2 from Pix'n Love instead, and will be placing an order at the end of the month so I can bundle Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX 2 into it.

RupeeClock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic