Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,501 to 9,520 of 11,397

Paraka

@Magician - The Collection is complete in terms of needing a patch only for minor bugs. Otherwise, they are completely playable on cart.

I tested this myself.

Paraka

Paraka

Just a small bump.

Warlocks is now available at Red Art, good time to pack in a selection while you still can. I know I have.

Paraka

Magician

Somebody was selling Bustafellows for $15 shipped on AmazonNA.

I couldn't resist.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

You know you've bought too many games when you have a $200 gift card burning a hole in your wallet and nothing to spend it on, lol. Honestly though those funds will probably go towards Bayonetta 3, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, and Triangle Strategy eventually.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

So I cannot locate who wanted information on King's Bounty II download requirement, but managed to get it on a sale now (25 at Gamestop).

No download required. Ver 1.0.1 on cart.

Paraka

Magician

@Paraka

I think @Zuljaras was asking? Maybe.

Paraka

@Zuljaras - In the Southwest NA, it's at every Gamestop. There is some goofy load times and textures pop in and out, other than that it plays well enough to enjoy.

And that's pre-patch.

Paraka

Magician

Dodgeball Academia getting a physical release.

Very cool, very cool indeed.
https://www.play-asia.com/dodgeball-academia/13/70f4i1

RupeeClock

Limited Run Games will be holding their 2022 New Year's blowout sale soon, they have 3 whole pages of Switch games plus blind boxes on offer.
This is where they sell off some remaining stock that is held for replacements of lost or damaged shipments.
https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/january-3rd-blowout-sa...
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/2022-blowout-sale?page=1
Nothing that I feel the need to get though, I've gotten everyone I've wanted from when they were last available so far.

Wired Productions have also opened pre-orders for a couple of interesting looking EU Switch physicals that might fly under many people's radars. I don't think JP's Switchmania even tweeted about Lumote here.
https://shop.wiredproductions.com/products/arcade-paradise-ni...
https://shop.wiredproductions.com/products/lumote-the-masterm...
Since Wired Productions have had some of their releases distributed by LRG, such as The Falconeer, and their "Black Label" release of Victor Vran, I would anticipate these games and more getting LRG distribution releases in the future.

RupeeClock

Magician

Nothing says "fun" like Super Rare Club membership dues. SRG's 2021 was a winner in my eyes, although it wasn't as strong as their 2020 lineup. Project Warlock, Littlewood, and Mundaun were my favorites this year. I look forward to seeing what their first 2022 offering will be.

Paraka

Well, hit 1200 Switch games, physical. Though some trimming is due. Namely mandatory download types.

Paraka

Miadaskate

I couldn’t decide between Death’s Door on Switch or PS5, so I bought both!

I wasn’t going to stupidly miss out again like I did with BroForce.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Square-Enix showed up strong with physical releases last year. Saga Frontier, Legend of Mana, and Romancing Saga 2. I wonder what we could expect from them this year? I hope that Chrono Cross Remaster rumor is legit. Personally, I always enjoyed Cross more than Trigger. Blasphemy, I know.

But what else could we expect? Maybe a SEA release for SaGa: Scarlet Grace, since the Japanese release doesn't support English. Or perhaps a physical release for Star Ocean First Departure R or Actraiser Renaissance? And I know we're all still waiting for a western release of Dragon Quest Heroes I & II. You know, the double pack that was available at launch for the Switch in Japan.

Nary a peep for us in the west though.

Paraka

@Magician - Looking at what Square has said early Summer (similar goes with Capcom), it sounds to me that due to the limited production of the new consoles, leading to less than predicted sales for them. So since around that time, they're likely looking into their backlog to see what can reasonably be ported, remade and remastered. With Switch directly focused, as it's the widest possible market for them to expand to (relating to their comments).

My prediction is Crono Cross has something coming out. What it is I haven't ferried a guess. But outside that, I predict they'll finally port FF13, wrap up Nintendo's FF lag, along with maybe Disidia, to make up for lost costs on the Vita.

And we will see something of a "permanent" Kingdom Hearts release, non-cloud streaming. Likely under a different name to sell it all over again, and SEA probably will be the only one to get a complete-on-cart edition.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Magician

I was going to skip LRG's release of Valis Collection.

Then I saw that it'll be one of their numbered releases.

My OCD demands satisfaction, so I ordered a copy.

JasmineDragon

I need to kvetch and this seems like the best place for it. Why do Nintendo seem to be the only company that can't or won't put spine printing on their steelbooks? I have five Switch games in steelbooks, two from Nintendo and three from third parties. The third parties have the name of the game printed on the spine like a normal game, or a book, or a CD or, for that matter, like EVERY ONE of the steelbook movies that I own. Neither one of the Nintendo games do. They just have blank spines. I guess Nintendo think I should just remember - "white spine is XC2, black spine is Metroid Dread".

It's not a huge deal, I know, but it's weird and it seems kind of cheap. I can't think of any good reason for it, except maybe that they can save a few bucks by not having to print different steelbook inserts for each region. But in the grand scheme this probably amounts to pennies per copy, if that.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Paraka

@JasmineDragon - Honestly a good question, but it is not Nintendo alone that's at fault for this as well. I have a small handful of movies that also did this (Best Buy's LotR special edition for instance).

Honestly cannot fathom much a guess other than simple oversight. Though I personally do not collect many steel books myself, seems irreplaceable if damaged in the future. Most of mine are display only.

My biggest gripe it the inner of basic Switch cases. Perfect time to really advertise your game's art, but rarely ever utilized.

Paraka

JasmineDragon

@Paraka I don't really collect steelbooks either, but I've picked up a few over the last few years, mostly when I find good deals for them when I wanted the game or movie anyway. I just think they look snazzy and make the experience feel a little special, but I share your worry about their longevity.

Apparently the manufacturers share the same concern, since a lot of them come in special plastic oversleeves (which strikes me as wasteful, but also produces some striking effects, so I'll allow it)!

It's not something I'd ever make a special effort to collect, but I do appreciate the ones I own.

Totally agree about inner sleeve art. It never fails to disappoint me when the interior is blank - or even worse, when it's printed but only for the legal disclaimers and warning.

Edited on by JasmineDragon

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic