Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,481 to 9,500 of 11,397

Paraka

So took a look at Wired Production's store, as they just announced a PEGI version of Arcade Paradise, and noticed they have 6 of their "Black Label" already prepped with the second one being Town of Light.

Interesting to note though, they only have the PS4 version. Expect LRG to be hosting the ESRB variants soon.

Paraka

RupeeClock

I just saw the article for Arcade Paradise.
I'm not sure about that one, I feel like if you strip away the part where you can walk-around an arcade, you're left with a multi-mini-game compilation like those 50-in-1 releases where no single particular game stands out.

RupeeClock

Magician

I've been getting my Xmas, gift from myself to myself, order together.

eBaseball Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2021
Wing of Darkness
Dungeon & Gravestone
Alba: A Wildlife Adventure
Eastward
Aleste Collection

...those are a lock in my eyes. But is there one or two I should add? Melty Blood seems in low supply, I can't find it on discount anyhow. Tiger Heli? Still full price most everywhere. Food Girls? Meh, I'm up to my neck in visual novels as is.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

@Belexes
I saw, looking forward to that January order. :^)
It was only logical that they would probably do a release, I have their collector's edition for the first Luminous Avenger iX.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

As a UK customer, I've usually had no issue shopping from Special Reserve Games, but today has been different.
Yesterday it wouldn't allow me to place an order at all, so I try again today and I find it'll allow me, but for two items valued at $89.98, the shipping "by weight + VAT" is a shocking $50.
It doesn't get much cheaper if I change to the Switch Single releases of Loop Hero and Death's Door, it'll drop to $42 for shipping.

Shipping had been expensive before, but it was around $38.96. I'm wondering what happened.

RupeeClock

ophone

That's hefty.
I ordered games a few times from the US. Shipping and VAT has never been that high for single games.
Although it almost exceeded it for the AVGN games duo pack from Screenwave, $39.21 for shipping without even VAT.
Instead I ordered it at LRG, $20.27 shipping and VAT.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

RupeeClock

@ophone
The only other site that I've ordered from with such outrageous shipping charges is Fangamer.com.
They recently launched Fangamer.eu though which ships from the Netherlands, which has far more affordable shipping rates for the limited stock they have.

LRG has figured out an international shipping method that saves a lot of money, and avoids getting stung by customs, which I'm grateful for. My LRG order today only had $9.99 shipping, duty paid too.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Strictly Limited Games has their second wave of Rising Hell open.
Their recent launches though haven't been selling through, and they are small print runs at that.
I think they might be burning out customers by opening so many pre-orders close together with very short notice.

As just Switch standard releases are concerned...

The past three releases have only been one week apart, they're burning their customers by doing this as customers will prefer to bulk-order to save on shipping.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Paraka

So received Fatal Frame (finally) as an import. Just a heads up, all versions of the game requires a download to have English subs and VA (depending on region) added. Otherwise, you have JP VO with Chinese, Japanese and other Asian subtitles.

Paraka

Magician

Sort of disappointed, sort of...not. Seems as though Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV is out of print on P-A. I was building an order revolving around Romancing Saga 2's release and was going to get a copy of RotTK while I was at it. Well, seems I waited too long. Oh well.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@Magician - Happened to me with Melty Blood and FFX Remasters. 2 separate times, you'd think they'd secure those copies.

Paraka

Magician

Strictly Limited announced that their next preorder will be Aaero, which is dope. Do you like music/rhythm games? Do you like rail shooters? Aaero is a mashup of both genres. Personally, I think Aaero has one of the strongest, most memorable "first stages" I've experienced in years.

For the past, I dunno, ten SLG releases or so I've settled for just standard copies.

I might spring for a collectors edition of Aaero if SLG offer one.

RupeeClock

@Magician
They officially revealed the pre-orders for Aaero will be opening this weekend (which makes it the 4th consecutive weekend they've opened pre-orders now).
https://mailchi.mp/inin.games/443r0-443400?e=caa516146f

Though if I'm being honest, the special limited edition, though modestly priced at €49.95, isn't too exciting.
Untitled
Mostly some small concert gig themed trinkets, with an acryllic stand and a special box.
The glaring omission here is no soundtrack CD, but considering this game uses a licensed EDM soundtrack from many artists I suppose that's why.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock

Unfortunate, that special edition is kind of pedestrian.

Just a standard copy for me then.

RupeeClock

Limited Run Games have a few nice looking Switch physicals opening for pre-order later today; Monster Sanctuary, Lair of the Clockwork God, and Windjammers 2.

Simultaneously, Pix'x Love will be opening pre-orders for EU region physicals of both Windjammers and Windjammers 2 (as separate titles).
They have the superior collector's editions with proper Neo Geo style "shockbox" cases, and include a proper "power disc" frisbee for the double-game set.
I believe the EU print of Windjammers should also be data complete, as I recall the LRG version of Windjammers had some update data available.

RupeeClock

Belexes

@RupeeClock Lair of the Clockwork God doesn't open until 12/31 for LRG.

LRG releases seems to be getting much more frequent - that together with the Featured Distribution Games. My wallet is getting beat up.

Belexes

Magician

Wowie zowie, quite an expensive day today. Premium Edition second chance sale. Monster Sanctuary from LRG. Windjammers 1&2 super uber deluxe edition over at Pix'N Love. Aaero from SLG later today. And I was able to source a Metroid Dread special edition for msrp.

I think my wallet is visibly weeping.

Belexes

Magician wrote:

And I was able to source a Metroid Dread special edition for msrp.

I did as well today. Glad I waited on this.

Edited on by Belexes

Belexes

Magician

The Oddworld Collection is currently 50% off on AmazonNA.

Even though I already have two of the three games, that's the pricepoint I had been waiting for.

Am I correct in assuming the games are update-complete on cartridge?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091W44H7G

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic