Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,461 to 9,480 of 11,365

Paraka

Balan Wonderworld is hitting 15 bucks across multiple places. If you wanted that just to fill in your collection, probably a time more than ever to consider it.

Paraka

Belexes

@Paraka It may end up being the Devil's Third of the system and appreciate in value. Who knows.

Belexes

RupeeClock

@Belexes
I doubt it myself, I don't think Square Enix did a small print run of the game.
A modest effort was put into the marketing, they pushed for ads on sites like 365games, but retailers are struggling to shift stock of this game after the internet collectively dogpiled on it.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Strictly Limited Games' next release is The First Tree.
https://us16.campaign-archive.com/?e=caa516146f&u=2c41ac5...
I recall seeing the trailer for this during an indie presentation and being intrigued, or I might've been thinking of a similar game.

In any case I like the look of this, and it'll be another game to add to my Fox-themed collection which includes Fox n Forests, New Super Lucky's Tale, Furwind, and Spirit of the North.

RupeeClock

Zuljaras

RupeeClock wrote:

Pre-orders for The Procession to Calvary just went live.
https://www.redartgames.com/accueil/287-the-procession-to-cal...
Discount code SWATCH10 will save you 10%!

Play-asia have also put up a listing for an Asia-English release of Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX 2.
https://www.play-asia.com/gunvolt-chronicles-luminous-avenger...
Though personally I am holding out for an LRG distributed release, since that's how I picked up the first game.

I am sad now! I ordered it 10 minutes ago! If I knew there was a code I would have used it!

RupeeClock

@Zuljaras
Nevermind, sorry it slipped my mind until just as I went to place my own order!
But hopefully someone else here still spots the SWATCH10 discount code for Red Art Games.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@Belexes - Likely not, the print rate they had compared to Devil's Third was humongous. Even when it was new DT was a hard find.

Paraka

Aurumonado

Does anyone know when Strictly Limited Games is going to ship Rolling Gunner? I think it was originally supposed to ship October/November.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

SpaceAce13

Does anyone here know if the spine for deathsmiles from Playasia will be in English? I went that route to avoid strictly limited (which will take twice as long to ship and costs more money)…. But I want an English spine

SpaceAce13

RupeeClock

@SpaceAce13
I would assume that the spine will be in Japanese text only.
The majority of Japanese games I only, their spines are completely Japanese.
The only game I've noticed to have English text is my copy of Muse Dash, which also has the Japanese name in parentheses. I guess there's a chance the Deathsmiles JP release could also do that, but I wouldn't count on it.
All Japanese releases also have the CERO rating visible at the bottom of the spine, offsetting where you would normally find a publisher logo.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@SpaceAce13 - Well, that also relies on how much you're willing to change the cover. There is some communities out there that do "localization" covers and make it believable its from another region.

I am part of one of them.

Paraka

SpaceAce13

@Paraka I think if it mattered that much I’d probably buy the slg version and sell the Japanese copy. Thank you though!

SpaceAce13

RupeeClock

My physical copy of Eastward arrived today.
It's a JP copy with English language, and @SpaceAce13 you may be pleased to hear the spine is in English, with Japanese in parentheses just like Muse Dash.

Small bonus, the site I ordered it from included some Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity art cards in the package, Bazaar-Bazaar like to add some odd things into their packages, like small pin badges or one time a miniature Switch game case.

RupeeClock

Paraka

Calico looks to be Red Art's next game.

Starting to see a pattern of quality levels for the company.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Paraka
Is that a pattern of oscillating highs and lows?
Because after releases like Record of Lodoss War, Blazing Beaks, and The Procession of Calvary, I would agree.

Reminder that SWATCH10 discount code probably works still, if for some reason you want to buy what was decidedly pretty bad when it launched a year ago.
Although maybe the game has improved with updates in the past year? I wouldn't count on it though.

RupeeClock

Magician

Paraka wrote:

Calico looks to be Red Art's next game.

Starting to see a pattern of quality levels for the company.

@Paraka

Still peaks and valleys as far as my taste goes.

Every release RAG serves up I'm either "hell yes, can't skip that" to "meh, hard pass".

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@RupeeClock - It's like they're copying the "Sonic Cycle." Hitting a solid release only to be met with one that's cursed to mediocrity for one reason or another.

This game, political story aside, is just... Ugly to play.

Paraka

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic