Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,361 to 9,380 of 11,393

Paraka

@Zuljaras - Well in NA they're widely available online. But in-store I have not seen.

Will give you a heads up when I get it. Should be my next paycheck (unless some items I am selling sell before that).

Paraka

Zuljaras

I read that the EU cartridge of Ori Collection is containing the patches for the games while the NA cartridge has only the base versions.

That is important for people that want to have cartridges with the latest patches

RupeeClock

@Zuljaras
That's an interesting development if true, if I do happen to get the Ori Collection cartridge I will confirm it.
Not sure if I will though.

RupeeClock

Magician

@Zuljaras @RupeeClock

I ordered a copy of Ori Collection from Shop4.

Hopefully I'll be able to confirm all updates are on cartridge myself in a couple weeks.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

Magician wrote:

@Zuljaras @RupeeClock

I ordered a copy of Ori Collection from Shop4.

Hopefully I'll be able to confirm all updates are on cartridge myself in a couple weeks.

This thread on Reddit seems to indicate that the EU and Australia releases are complete on the cartridge.

Does the UK usually get the same release as the EU?

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

RupeeClock

@MarioBrickLayer
Yeah, UK typically receives the same EU region releases as France, Germany, Spain, and Italy. At least as multi-language releases are concerned.
Though the packaging may differ, the cart's ROM will be the same.

RupeeClock

Monkeido

RupeeClock wrote:

@Monkeido
No clue, do the import copies still have English language support?
It's something I would consider since I'd like to have physical copies of BotW, Splatoon 2, Smash Ultimate that are DLC complete.
And maybe Pokémon Sword/Shield but I didn't exactly love that game.

Definitely not sure if it does include English language support, but seeing as previous Japanese releases did, I'm betting this one does as well. I'm still holding out for a release in the West though.

Monkeido

Paraka

Well, as I suspected, Square is still on the fence for a more dedicated port of Kingdom Hearts.

I would say we can thank SEA region for such, as they are prolific for RPGs and Disney.

Paraka

ophone

MarioBrickLayer wrote:

@Zuljaras @RupeeClock
Does the UK usually get the same release as the EU?

Look at the code on the bottom of the front of the UK carts, they usually end with -EUR. The only thing that differs in the different European language versions are the box inlays.
I own the French version of Mario + Rabbids which states Mario + the Lapins Crétins on the box but on the cart sticker it says Mario + Rabbids.

Edited on by ophone

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

RupeeClock

@Zuljaras @Magician @MarioBrickLayer
I received an EU release physical copy of Ori The Collection today, and I can confirm that the latest versions of the games are on the cartridge.

Blind Forest: Definitive Edition is v1.0.2 and Will of the Wisps is v1.2.0.
No updates are available to download.
The package inserts include a download code for two original game soundtracks, and a packet of 6 small art cards.

RupeeClock

Belexes

I almost never order EU releases unless no NA exist - now this Ori Collection (complete) has sparked my interest. Not seeing it here: https://www.shop4megastore.com. What is another shop to look at who may have it?

Belexes

Lyapunov

Heads up to physical collectors in the US that Dying Light is already sold out at Target, Best Buy, and Game Stop. I managed to snag a copy from Amazon, but there's no telling how long supplies will last--especially now that word is getting out how good it is.

Lyapunov

Miadaskate

Lyapunov wrote:

Heads up to physical collectors in the US that Dying Light is already sold out at Target, Best Buy, and Game Stop. I managed to snag a copy from Amazon, but there's no telling how long supplies will last--especially now that word is getting out how good it is.

I can’t imagine this game being good on the Switch. I’ll stick with my PS4 copy.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

MarioBrickLayer

It looks like Horizon Chase Turbo has got a PS4 physical release with the new Senna DLC in Brazil, hopefully this comes to to switch!

There are also pictures on Twitter of some sort of big box physical edition. Here are some pictures:-

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

Miadaskate

Castlevania Collection arrived today.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic