Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,341 to 9,360 of 11,397

RupeeClock

@Belexes
Yeah, the only downside is I imagine Axiom Verge 2 will receive some updates down the line, so the physical version won't remain data complete.
But the base game is in good enough of a state already and Axiom Verge 1 only received minimal updates, the randomizer mode was a nice bonus and something I do suggest checking out, it helps to make each run really unique.

RupeeClock

ophone

RupeeClock wrote:

@ophone
I usually bulk-order things from LRG for that reason, the shipping doesn't get more expensive until it gets significantly heavier.

I already put up my pre-order, there aren't usually that many LRG games I want to own. I'd be surprised if they came up with another one I'd like to have this month.

RupeeClock wrote:

If you already have the Badland Games version of Axiom Verge 1, I would recommend you still buy the 1+2 collection regardless. Thomas Happ will actually receive money from the sales of that game unlike the previous release, and it will have updates on the cartridge like including the randomizer mode.

Yeah, it's the Badland version I own, I didn't know Thomas Happ didn't get money from this. Unfortunately I'm not really into randomiser modes.
Anyway, I also bought the album of the first game's soundtrack, I hope Thomas Happ got his cut.

Edited on by ophone

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

RupeeClock

It looks like Monster Crown has been delayed.
The EU listing that was on Play-asia has been updated from October 12th 2021 to February 22nd 2022.
https://www.play-asia.com/monster-crown/13/70esld
And the US listing on Amazon.com has been updated to November 1st.
https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Crown-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B09DJ...

Neither delay is particularly favourable for them considering the November and January launches of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl, and Legends Arceus.

RupeeClock

Belexes

Hot Wheels Unleashed has a Walmart exclusive edition with DLC making it a $60 game vs $40 elsewhere. (ouch)

Edited on by Belexes

Belexes

Paraka

So with the new announcement of the cloud versions of Kingdom Hearts, I expect SEA may do the first or second one physical if it is doable.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Paraka
I wouldn't expect it myself.
The fact they opted for cloud versions to me demonstrates they weren't willing to put in the development costs to get these games natively ported to Switch.

It's no secret that it takes a dedicated studio to port software originally developed for PS4 or high-end PC down to the Switch, and this is increasingly going to be a problem for as long as the Switch doesn't get a hardware refresh.

On a similar note, I'm hoping that we get a physical release of Smash Ultimate with all DLC included, both fighters passes and the mii fighters all on a single cartridge, with the final update.
v13.0 probably won't be the final version, it may get one or two final balancing/bug fix patches before development concludes, and Sakurai is finally free.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Yet there is a pattern with Square and their SEA market getting "completed" variants.

But it is also Square, so I am half expecting only 1 gets it.

Paraka

Magician

Alwa's Collection is open to preorder on AmazonNA.

Hopefully not too many folks were bamboozled by LRG's $70 CE.
https://www.amazon.com/Alwas-Collection-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B0...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

@Magician
Agreed there, I don't like the practice of withholding standard edition pre-orders.
That said, I wanted the collector's edition and ordered that for myself.

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

Does anyone think Quake or Axiom Verge 2 will get a release anywhere other than Limited Run?

MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

Zuljaras wrote:

MarioBrickLayer wrote:

Does anyone think Quake or Axiom Verge 2 will get a release anywhere other than Limited Run?

Quake absolutely no but I can see Axiom Verge 2 later as separate release

Even outside of the US? Could there be a release in Europe?

MarioBrickLayer

Zuljaras

@MarioBrickLayer the first game was sold with very nice special edition and I got it with a booklet and everything. I read that the guy did not get money for that but inside the book he wrote that the money he got from the special edition went to his disabled son so he can have a normal life.

So I do not know what to believe.

At least with LRG he could make more money. I pre-ordered Axiom 2 only

Monkeido

Do you guys think we will get that BotW + DLC physical release in the West at some point? Otherwise I'll have no choice but to order it from Japan. I even already have two copies, seeing as I bought the regular edition on launch and my girlfriend gifted me the Special Edition some time later.

Monkeido

RupeeClock

@Monkeido
No clue, do the import copies still have English language support?
It's something I would consider since I'd like to have physical copies of BotW, Splatoon 2, Smash Ultimate that are DLC complete.
And maybe Pokémon Sword/Shield but I didn't exactly love that game.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@Zuljaras - It's one the list. But oddly enough have not seen it available in my area. Something concerning you of the game?

Paraka

Zuljaras

@Paraka I want to know if it is all on the cart. I have only seen Russian unboxing videos and only of the collectors edition.

Oddly the game is sold out in my country.

It is all very strange.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic