Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 9,321 to 9,340 of 11,397

Miadaskate

MarioBrickLayer wrote:

RupeeClock wrote:

@Miadaskate
It's been a much easier time pre-ordering that collector's edition in the UK.
GAME still lets you pre-order it right now.
https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2_101...
And My Nintendo UK Store periodically accepts orders.
https://store.nintendo.co.uk/en_gb/metroid-dread-special-edit...

I was recently experiencing a lot of issues placing orders on Nintendo's UK site, for some reason they will always refuse my payment card details unless I place the order on a mobile device, I can't make sense of that. I eventually managed though because I did want the extra things which are an A2 poster set, sticker sheet, and keychain.

You can also get a copy from Smyths, which is slightly cheaper as they don't charge delivery, but Game do, even for instore pickup.

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/p...

Thanks fellas, but I’m looking for the North American version.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

RupeeClock

@Miadaskate
Understandable, the NA version has been a nightmare to source from what I've heard.

I'm thankful that the EU version hasn't been that hard to find, the special edition for Samus Returns on the 3DS was an absolute nightmare to pre-order. It was exclusive to Nintendo UK Store and it sold out very quickly both times I remember it going up.
I was monitoring that site for ages looking for the opportunity so my brother could order it.

RupeeClock

Miadaskate

RupeeClock wrote:

@Miadaskate
Understandable, the NA version has been a nightmare to source from what I've heard.

I'm thankful that the EU version hasn't been that hard to find, the special edition for Samus Returns on the 3DS was an absolute nightmare to pre-order. It was exclusive to Nintendo UK Store and it sold out very quickly both times I remember it going up.
I was monitoring that site for ages looking for the opportunity so my brother could order it.

Yeah, it just kinda came up for pre-order super fast and by the time I realized, it was sold out everywhere. A few retailers do show “coming soon”, so I’m hoping to snag one on release day.

Currently Playing :

Magician

@Miadaskate

I've gotten into the habit of checking Amazon frequently 48 hours before a game launches.

Sometimes they'll reopen preorders briefly due to cancellations.

At least...that's how I scored the CEs for Xenoblade and FE:TH.

P.S. - Astroneer is open to preorder on AmazonJP.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B09GL16S18

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

Super Rare Games have accidentally revealed their next release, in an early-early pre-orders email sent to Super Rare Club members.
They'll be announcing it officially on October 1st, but I can say that quite a few people have correctly guessed what game it is on Twitter prior to today.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock

I have to admit I've never heard of the game prior to the Club email gaffe.

You know a game is obscure when neither metacritic nor opencritic have an aggregate score.

Noisy Pixel made a review and I trust their opinion.

[OT] P.S. - LRG will be offering an Asdivine Collection. I like these budget rpgs from Kemco, but $50 for four games that routinely get marked down to $2 digitally? Ouch.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

@Miadaskate

I've gotten into the habit of checking Amazon frequently 48 hours before a game launches.

Sometimes they'll reopen preorders briefly due to cancellations.

At least...that's how I scored the CEs for Xenoblade and FE:TH.

P.S. - Astroneer is open to preorder on AmazonJP.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B09GL16S18

I’ll be checking every retailer before midnight and as soon as I wake up early for work Friday morning lol.

Currently Playing :

RupeeClock

@Miadaskate
You could try using a stock tracker service, to alert you when stock becomes available.
It's what I used when I was hunting down a new graphics card for my PC, and eventually found an RTX 3070 for a then reasonable price.

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/metroiddread/

According to this, the special edition was available on Best Buy on Sept 21st.
Good luck find a copy. I just got an email earlier today from My Nintendo UK Store saying to expect a card charge very soon.

RupeeClock

Paraka

Have we gotten a confirmation on Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All getting a baseline physical edition or is the only way through collectors from SLG?

Paraka

Belexes

@Paraka I am holding tight that a standard edition will be available at some point. Money grab for the CE first to sell as many of those as printed. I waited for Huntdown and in a couple weeks the SE will be mine.

Belexes

RupeeClock

Strictly Limited Games next physical release is Wild Guns Reloaded.
https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/wild-guns-reloaded/

This release had already been available in US and Asia for quite some time now, so this is just a fairly late EU release. There's 2000 standard Switch units and 1500 Collector's edition Switch units.
They are also producing PS4 units and 2000 SNES reproduction cartridges (700 PAL, 1300 NTSC-US).

The newsletter was a little confusing but as far as I understand it, the Switch release does not include the original SNES game?
It seems like you can skip this release if you already have a US or Asia copy, the US copy is still readily available for purchase too.

It is a subject of interest though, as Wild Guns Reloaded is the second of three SNES remasters from Natsume.
The Ninja Saviors: The Warriors Return had a standard retail release from ININ already.
And there's the upcoming Pocky & Rocky Reshrined, scheduled to release in December 2021.
This points to Strictly Limited releasing the latter, which I'm particularly looking forward to.

RupeeClock

Magician

Threw down preorders for Butcher and Nongunz through Red Art Games. For one week only, use promo code "REDWATCH20" for 20% off your order (which basically makes international shipping free). Normally there's no rush as RAG releases typically don't sell out (I think three of their thirty releases are no longer in stock), but games on open preorder like Nongunz and Galaxy of Pen and Paper might result in a very low print run. Possibly lower than the 3k copies they usually do.

Kind of FOMO, but that depends on if you appreciate their product or not.
https://www.redartgames.com/15-nintendo-switch

RupeeClock

@Magician
Whilst that is cool and I appreciate that they're running more open pre-orders, none of these games are ones that I want for myself.
Though they do admittedly look much better than many of their previous releases.

RupeeClock

GrailUK

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but Gear Shifters is getting a US physical release via Limited Run (STandard and Collectors.) Can be ordered from Amazon in the UK too. (Looking forward to this game ^^)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

@GrailUK

Yeah, I'm quite excited for Gearshifters. It reminds me of Roadblasters or Spy Hunter, except Gearshifters is a shmup instead of an action/driver. Very cool.

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

Threw down preorders for Butcher and Nongunz through Red Art Games. For one week only, use promo code "REDWATCH20" for 20% off your order (which basically makes international shipping free). Normally there's no rush as RAG releases typically don't sell out (I think three of their thirty releases are no longer in stock), but games on open preorder like Nongunz and Galaxy of Pen and Paper might result in a very low print run. Possibly lower than the 3k copies they usually do.

Kind of FOMO, but that depends on if you appreciate their product or not.
https://www.redartgames.com/15-nintendo-switch

Might do this for Arietta.

Currently Playing :

Belexes

Gearshifters looks great - instant buy for me. Numskull Games have a great selection of games.

Belexes

ophone

Axiom Verge 2 is now available to pre-order on Limited Run Games, as single game or in bundle with the first game, both also available as collector's editions.
(If you order from Europe, like I did, don't forget you'll have to pay around 20$ on top of the asking price for the regular version.)

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

RupeeClock

@ophone
I usually bulk-order things from LRG for that reason, the shipping doesn't get more expensive until it gets significantly heavier.
I'll probably place my order for the Axiom Verge games at the end of the month, as the pre-order window will close October 31st and more things will be available before then.

If you already have the Badland Games version of Axiom Verge 1, I would recommend you still buy the 1+2 collection regardless. Thomas Happ will actually receive money from the sales of that game unlike the previous release, and it will have updates on the cartridge like including the randomizer mode.

RupeeClock

Belexes

RupeeClock wrote:

If you already have the Badland Games version of Axiom Verge 1, I would recommend you still buy the 1+2 collection regardless. Thomas Happ will actually receive money from the sales of that game unlike the previous release, and it will have updates on the cartridge like including the randomizer mode.

Thanks for this advice. I was going to stick to just AV 2, but two good reasons to buy the collection.

Belexes

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic