Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,881 to 8,900 of 11,396

BruceCM

They also have a very similar 'about us' down the bottom of their pages, @Zuljaras .... They don't say they're related but it sure seems that way! One's the US/ Canada version, I guess & for whatever reason they called the UK/ Europe one something else

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

@Zuljaras

365games and Shop4 are the distribution hubs for the parent company, Xbite.
https://www.xbite.co.uk/

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

The Japanese eShop listing confirms that Dragonball Z Kakarot will support English.

Worth knowing, considering I haven't seen listing in Murica or Europe yet.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B097925MSN

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

It took a little while, but Monark and Super Monky Ball Banana Blitz are up on AmazonNA.

Magician

Spiritfarer is up on AmazonNA.
https://www.amazon.com/Spiritfarer-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B096MMH5KG

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Buyer beware, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2. The file size for the base game is 12.2GB. With the msrp set at $40, chances are Activison have cheapened out with the physical release. At the worst, I assume Activision opted a 2GB cartridge and will ask customers to download 10GB+ for the "physical" copy to function.

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@Magician - Ugh, Jesus it just makes me so sick with them. And any idea of Crash being remotely close to Nintendo products makes me ill because what Activision does.

Paraka

Belexes

I am not touching Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 with a 10 foot pole. Might as well been a digital-only release.

Belexes

Miadaskate

The more I think about it, the more I’m not so sure I want to dump $174 on that mega Castlevania set. I think I might just go for the standard. Would be nice to have, and the book and shadow box are cool, but there are just way too many extra boxes. What the hell am I gonna do with all those? Guess I’ll figure out what I’m going to do this week before it closes.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

catsnpizzas

Miadaskate wrote:

The more I think about it, the more I’m not so sure I want to dump $174 on that mega Castlevania set. I think I might just go for the standard. Would be nice to have, and the book and shadow box are cool, but there are just way too many extra boxes. What the hell am I gonna do with all those? Guess I’ll figure out what I’m going to do this week before it closes.

That's my thought. I'm a huge Castlevania fan, so much that I actually have all of those games in their original forms, so I really can't justify buying a set that has a bunch of miniature replica boxes.

catsnpizzas

Paraka

@catsnpizzas @Miadaskate - Honestly, unless it is a HUGE impact for me, I avoid CEs wherever I can. Gives me more money to buy more games.

Paraka

catsnpizzas

@Paraka For me, it's moreso about space. I have to really, really like a game to devote space to having a lot of trinkets related to it. Castlevania is, for me, one such series, but this CE isn't super appealing to me.

catsnpizzas

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate wrote:

I’ve slowly come to the exact same conclusion

SpaceAce13

Zuljaras

@Miadaskate I thought about it and in the end the deciding thing was the music track in the Shadowbox. Bloody Tears is my introduction to the Castlevania series. I am not big on huge expensive collections but Castlevania is my absolute favorite franchise ... ever!

GrailUK

@Magician Looks like SkateBird for me then

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

RupeeClock

A curious problem of trying to play digital, after having played physical.

I encountered this before with Snake Pass, but just ran into the problem with FOX n FORESTS just now after I picked it up 75% off digitally.
The digital version available from the eShop is only running v1.0 and can't update beyond that.
Whereas the physical version I have has v1.1 on the game card.
Since these two versions share the same title ID, and the eShop will not serve a v1.1 download, this prevents me from launching the digital version now that I've played the physical version.

There are other physical releases that avoid this issue by making them a separate title ID from the digital release, such as Mutant Mudds Collection or Crypt of the Necrodancer.

I have to reckon that it's a bureaucratic thing where the platform holder charges a publisher or developer to update their software on their storefront, so anyone who later does a physical release but doesn't update their digital version may run into this situation.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic