Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,841 to 8,860 of 11,398

Paraka

@Magician - Oddly enough, I always heard about this game in a peripherally way. Never once heard about it straight.

Supposedly it's a horror VN?

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Paraka
Yeah, apparently there are meta-horror elements to the game or something, that it isn't what it appears to be on a surface level.
It was intended for a PC experience and you are encouraged to mess with the game's installed files as part of playing the game, as is my understanding.
Not dissimilar how Undertale will engage with and maybe reward players who dig into the game's files by doing entry level save file editing and probing.

I might pick the game up as a curio when I likely place an order with Videogameplus.ca for a Premium Edition Games pre-order for A Robot Named Fight on Tuesday.

RupeeClock

shock_trooper

Paraka wrote:

EDIT; Looks like a new publisher entered the ring. Serenity Forge and their first release.... Doki Doki Literature Club.

https://store.serenityforge.com/

Seems the preorder is sold out on their site. Fear not, I found a listing on Best Buy ($29.99).

shock_trooper

RupeeClock

Mindseize pre-orders just opened on First Press Games.
https://firstpressgames.com/collections/mindseize/

Finally I place my first order for any Switch games with First Press, I waited because their games have never actually sold out, and I didn't feel as strongly about anything other releases except maybe Underhero.

RupeeClock

Miadaskate

Red Art has announced Arietta of Spirits, which was also just announced I guess? Available right now on their site. This looks like a pretty good classic Zelda inspired game.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Belexes

@RupeeClock First Press Games have done some very quality releases - just that their production is at a snail's pace.

Belexes

Magician

Demon Throttle from Special Reserve is up, although it's an open preorder that runs into October.

So...no rush.
https://specialreservegames.com/demon-throttle-switch-single/

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Monkeido

Argh, I'm definitely interested in The Lion's Song and The Flower Collectors, but I'm not quite convinced it's worth owning them physically. The dilemma made even worse by the fact I already bought (but never played) The Lion's Song on sale digitally.

Magician wrote:

Demon Throttle from Special Reserve is up, although it's an open preorder that runs into October.

So...no rush.
https://specialreservegames.com/demon-throttle-switch-single/

That actually looks quite good and is definitely tempting me to buy it.

Edited on by Monkeido

Monkeido

RupeeClock

@Belexes
I have purchased one item from First Press Games before, it was the GBC physical release of Tobu Tobu Girl Deluxe as a gift for someone, and yes it really is an excellent package.
I only ordered standard edition releases for each game, but I'm looking forward to them.

@Magician
Funnily enough, Demon Throttle looks better when it's not under extremely heavy filtering like the reveal trailer in Devolver Digital's absurd "Devolver Max Pass Plus" presentation.
I haven't decided if I'm going to get The Talos Principle or The Disc Room yet, but if I do, I'll grab Demon Throttle at the same time, probably at the end of the month just before pre-order window closes and after I get paid.
This has been a surprisingly expensive month for me and LRG's presentation on Monday or Nintendo's reveals on Tuesday are probably not going to help.

RupeeClock

Magician

RupeeClock wrote:

This has been a surprisingly expensive month for me and LRG's presentation on Monday or Nintendo's reveals on Tuesday are probably not going to help.

Yeah, LRG's presentation on Monday is making me sweat. I assume that from next week and onward LRG's distribution of Switch games will increase from four to six games a month to a minimum of six games a month and possibly more. It seems they're entering into agreement with more publishers every passing month.

Kind of scary. I buy several games, but my budget isn't unlimited.

Nintendo's presentation is less stressful. Most of the games shown will have hundreds of thousands of copies available, if not several millon. Making it easier to wait for a discount six to twelve months after release. Unless it's some miracle port like Xenoblade Chronicles X or something.

I wouldn't be able to show restraint.

I'd insta-buy whatever $90 LE for XCX Nintendo decided to throw our way.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Miadaskate

Spiritfarer is up at Target, Best Buy shows coming soon.

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Man, you guys called quite a few of those LRG titles!

Currently Playing :

RupeeClock

LRG3 just wrapped up.
Here's all their announcements in order, though details of which platforms they're releasing physically for was not clear in many cases.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors + Ghoul Patrol
Superhot
Double Dragon & Kunio-Kun Retro Brawler Bundle
River City Girls for PS5
River City Girls Zero
River City Girls 2
Strife
Full Shantae series for PS5
Bloodrayne Betrayal Fresh Bites
Haven (not on Switch)
Skatebird (plus an August 12th digital release announced)
Huntdown, features an impressive looking collector's edition set that features a retro-style action figure
Axiom Verge 2
The Takeover
Dusk
République
Going Under Internships Are Heck
One Step From Eden (in English...)
RWBY Grimm Eclipse
RetroMania Wrestling
Castlevania Requiem - Symphony of the Night + Rondo of Blood (not on Switch)
Castlevania Rondo of Blood TurboGrafx CD English localised release
Contra Anniversary Collection
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties

It wasn't quite the mindblowing or exciting reveals of years past, but some cool albeit stuff in there.
Of course I have to say something about One Step From Eden, I'll end up selling my JP physical copy because it's multi-language excluding English on purpose.

RupeeClock

Magician

The Huntdown CE is up on LRG right now.

I wanted a physical copy of Huntdown, but not for $80.

Only 1,800 copies of the CE as well.
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/in-stock-switch/produ...

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
Wow, I thought the presentation was lacking in important information, but leaving out that a game is on sale now, and is not an open pre-order?

I'm with you that I'm not down for putting $80 on a game that doesn't have a standard edition edition, and that I'm not desperate to get.

RupeeClock

Magician

Looks like this'll be the my third time buying Double Dragon & Kunio-kun, and I just dropped $10 on a digital copy not too long ago.

Belexes

Switch titles below with others filtered out:

Axiom Verge 2 (Switch, PS4, PS5)
BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites (Switch, PS4)
Contra Anniversary Collection (Switch, PS4)
DOUBLE DRAGON & Kunio-kun Retro Brawler Bundle (Switch)
DUSK (Switch)
Ghoul Patrol (Switch, PS4, SNES)
Going Under (Switch, PS4)
Haven (Switch, PS4, PS5)
Huntdown: Collector's Edition (Switch, PS4)
One Step From Eden (Switch, PS4)
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (Switch, PS4, PS5, PC)
République: Anniversary Edition (Switch, PS4, PlayStation VR)
RetroMania Wrestling (Switch, PS4)
River City Girls Zero (Switch)
River City Girls 2 (Switch, PS4, PS5)
RWBY: Grimm Eclipse (Switch)
SkateBIRD (Switch, PS4)
Strife (Switch)
SUPERHOT (Switch, PS4)
The TakeOver (Switch, PS4)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Switch, PS4, SNES, Genesis)

Belexes

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic