Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,821 to 8,840 of 11,365

GrailUK

@McGruber Welcome back Groobs.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate wrote:

McGruber wrote:

Wow I can't believe my thread is still alive. Glad to see it did it's job. My life took a horrible turn so I apologize for the abandonment! I just got a Switch lite for the first time in years and can proudly say I own a couple physical games again

Welcome back, now update your OP with all the physical titles since you stopped 😉

Haha we’ll see him back in another 2 years

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate

Demon Throttle will be getting a Special Reserve release, according to a fax received from Devolver to Wario64 :

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Demon Throttle will be getting a Special Reserve release, according to a fax received from Devolver to Wario64 :

@Miadaskate

Not only that, there are also several "?" on SRG's storefront. Broforce was recently confirmed for a Switch physical release through SRG. But the speculation as to what the other few unknowns has begun. Card Shark? Loop Hero? Exit the Gungeon? Observation? Katana Zero? Olija?

So many possibilites.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

Katana Zero in particular feels overdue a physical release now, it's one I've been forward to do a while.
I wouldn't mind Exit the Gungeon either.

RupeeClock

Miadaskate

@Magician Much excite!

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

RupeeClock wrote:

Katana Zero in particular feels overdue a physical release now, it's one I've been forward to do a while.
I wouldn't mind Exit the Gungeon either.

This.

Currently Playing :

Magician

As expected, Wired Productions Black Label #1 Victor Vran as well as The Falconeer are up on LRG.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@Magician - No basic game option?! Ooooohhhh, that is just #$&%-ing bitter. Like, it makes me feel some special kind of disgust.

@Zuljaras - Outside a few patches, the game is 95% functional without the updates. So you're definitely safe this run.

The problem is the future.

Paraka

Miadaskate

Super Rare has announced Shorts, titles that will ONLY be available physically for the Switch.

Currently Playing :

RupeeClock

Super Rare Shorts is bound to be divisive, as there'll be a lot of people that buy the games simply to own them or resell them, not actually play them.
Those who definitely want to play something, will be forced to pay up much more than the digital prices they're accustomed to.
Like the article mentions this is very much a visibility issue, the Switch eShop has lead to games not being viable unless they're absurdly cheap.

RupeeClock

GrailUK

@RupeeClock I still don't get why games need to be visible on the eshop. It's not like every book is visible in a library. You go in knowing what you want. The problem I think is getting a game visible in other media. Maybe it's just me. It doesn't ring true to me.

Magician

Tough call with the SRG Shorts. Games with such small budgets that they'll be little more than passion projects. I expect the lowest of low quality. If they aren't included in with SRG's usual numbered releases, I think I can disregard them easily. But if they are included as a numbered release...ugh, I may begin to question if I want to continue pursuing a complete SRG collection.

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@GrailUK - Problem is many authors, since we use books as a comparable, struggle to even succeed. Most even get piles of unsold books delivered back at them for their failure.

Difference is authors may just be the one solitary person, while teams could be 5, a dozen or even 50+ failing only on lack of exposure. Look at Among Us as a prime example. Flight School were also knocking on closure til Creature in the Well sold well enough to move forward.

And living in an era were exposure is everything, makes it even more critical.

Paraka

GrailUK

@Paraka I bought Creature in the Well because it was eye catching and looked different. Not because of some visibility. If we are going to celebrate how accessible it is to make games these days, thn unfortunately, struggling to shout over folk comes with the terrotory. Unless the system beomes bias (which in many areas, it already has. And I think that's the main problem.)

Paraka

@GrailUK - I don't disagree with you about the territory, but something had to draw you to it.

I, myself, took interest in CitW because of the the Indie Showcase. Sat in my list waiting for a reasonable sell (as I heard it was quite short), but I had to be SHOWN it first. I honestly can't tell you if I would have noticed it naturally.

And yes, a lot of bias has grown, many dismiss games even remotely looking like another game. Lethal League Blaze is a HUGE example of this. So many, still, dismiss it as a Smash Clone, when the reality couldn't be further from that.

Paraka

GrailUK

@Paraka Yep, I was sold from the showcase myself too. So rather than visibility on the eshop (that's the path of folk starting to pay to get a prime spot in most retail sectors, which I find a tad vulgur) I dare say there needs to be more showcases highlighting games (as there are so many!). I read reviews. I guess it comes with being discerning. But the folk moaning are either developers at their bottom lines or consumers who want to be shovelled what to play lol. Eshop isn't the problem. That's just a shop. There needs to be more avenues for games to be shown. It's a shame twitch / youtubers all play the flavour of the month games for the most part. It's a difficult problem for sure and I'm not clever enough to figure it out haha (and I don't get paid to come up with a solution lol)

Edit: I think what I'm trying to say is, I can't afford to play everything lol. So I get games want to get my attention. But I wouldn't appreciate they do it at the market place. I don't window shop. I go in, buy what I want and go home.

Edited on by GrailUK

Paraka

@GrailUK - I do think eShop plays a big role what can be seen. As being buried each week with 15+ games makes it hard to even be noticed on your own launch day.

But I do agree, some more highlight reels would be amazing for Nintendo. I do not expect anything fancy, maybe a sizzle reel of the previous month's release schedule and their key figures.

EDIT; Looks like a new publisher entered the ring. Serenity Forge and their first release.... Doki Doki Literature Club.

https://store.serenityforge.com/

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Magician

Paraka wrote:

Looks like a new publisher entered the ring. Serenity Forge and their first release.... Doki Doki Literature Club.

https://store.serenityforge.com/

Zero interest, this is an easy skip for me.

I need the funds elsewhere.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic