Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,701 to 8,720 of 11,398

GrailUK

@RupeeClock Which means UK won't be able to buy one because of the minimum spend? Gah.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

RupeeClock

@GrailUK
Yeah, it's a crappy situation caused by NGDev not sorting out their GBP VAT registration.
I hope they can sort it out by the second batch, but I doubt it.

RupeeClock

Magician

Surprise preorder for West of Dead via LRG tomorrow. Limited to 5k copies, first come first served. I'll be stuck at work. If there are any copies available a few hours after preorders go live, I'll grab one. If not? Eh, it's a partner distribution, I won't be salty if I miss it.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

Abylight Studios recently opened pre-orders for a collector's edition of Cursed Castilla EX.
https://abylight.com/buy/cursed-castilla-collectors-edition/
49.95€ and shipping this summer.

There is a good chance that Limited Run Games will distribute a North American version like they have with Hyper Light Drifter, which still has stock available on both sites.

RupeeClock

Magician

It has been available to preorder in Europe for over a week, but AmazonNA have finally opened preorders for Mary Skelter Finale.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094LJ59BW

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Zuljaras

LRG are making an art contest that will end June 22. I will try it out Only 2 pieces are allowed. The winner will get the Ultimate Edition

jedgamesguy

Zuljaras wrote:

LRG are making an art contest that will end June 22. I will try it out Only 2 pieces are allowed. The winner will get the Ultimate Edition

Easy win @Zuljaras

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Magician

Publisher Outright Games must be doing well? I see more new listing published by them on AmazonNA, which...I'm not a fan of theirs. I think all of the games they publish are mediocre at best. I hold Maximum Games in nearly the same regard as OG. However, $20 for Curved Space seems like a worthwhile blind-purchase. Although the lower msrp makes me wonder if this is secretly a code-in-a-box release.
https://www.amazon.com/Curved-Space-NSW-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B0...

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

Looks like Double Dragon Neon is getting a physical release through LRG.

Paraka

RupeeClock

Multiple places online are now taking pre-orders for a SteelBook edition of Skyward Sword HD.
https://www.365games.co.uk/nintendo-switch-games/the-legend-o...
https://www.game.co.uk/en/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-h...

365games is offering a poster, whilst GAME is offering a t-shirt, both offer a keyring.
Nothing on My Nintendo Store (formerly official UK store) just yet, but they will likely be offering the controversial amiibo around the same time.

Nintendo continuing an annoying trend of punishing early pre-orders by offering separate pre-orders for SteelBooks down the line.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Zuljaras

Inmost from SRG sold out. That was fast. For some games I think they should print more copies! When I ordered mine 5 minutes after it was on sale only 24% stock was left

Magician

@Zuljaras I think SRG have had increased visibility this year. The asking price for their previous releases in the second hand market are skyrocketing. It makes me glad I signed up for Club membership. If SRG didn't fill out their self-imposed 1,000 Club member cap for 2021, they'll no doubt top that off when membership dues roll around in December.

RupeeClock

There's a last-minute chance to get Inmost through the triple pack, but even that's under 1% now.
It did sell out surprisingly fast, I'm not even that familiar with the game myself besides its appearances in I think Indie World presentations, but as ever the more enticing games sell out faster.

The club membership has been a relief for myself as well, even though I don't get every SRG release (didn't get Unrailed for example), it's great to not have to worry about placing my order at 6pm UK time on Thursdays ASAP. I used to have to do it on my phone on bus rides home from work.

RupeeClock

Monkeido

Inmost definitely seemed like an interesting game to me, but for only 3+ hours of gameplay, I didn't feel the need to own it physically. I know playtime isn't the most important thing in games, but I do want a bit more bang for my buck than such a small amount.

Monkeido

RupeeClock

@Monkeido
For me, an appeal of owning games physically is that it's a celebration of a piece of work, to preserve it in a format that can be kept for a long time.
It's a form of recognition, particularly if the game is limited print.

RupeeClock

Magician

With Strictly Limited serving up the Genesis physical release for Mega Man The Wily Wars, I wonder if there's a chance they'll serve up a western release of the 5-in-1 box? Probably a longer than long shot, never minding that it would probably be $200 + shipping. But hey...a guy can dream.

P.S. - Special Reserve's next two releases will open preorder rather than limited print.

P.P.S. - 1Print are preparing an announcement. Perhaps triple pack #2?

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@Magician - All of this is amazing news to my ears, thank the button mashing gods.

Paraka

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic