Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,661 to 8,680 of 11,393

Paraka

@RupeeClock - I saw the subreddit LimitedPrintGames going ballistic to this idea.

Watch it happen.

Paraka

Paraka

@RupeeClock - I feel like I am put of the loop on that one, missing the punchline.

As for the Calculator, watch them literally give you an LRG Calculator in the base game as a way to justify the price.

Paraka

Losermagnet

@Paraka since no one has replied yet:

Untitled

Or if you prefer:

Untitled

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Paraka

@Losermagnet - Was this a legitimate thing? I probably didn't notice this as I already had all the Castlevania games then they launched.

Paraka

Losermagnet

The top image actually is legit. I owned a copy like that once. It's the only 'Konami's Best - Play It!' game I've ever seen though.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Paraka

@Losermagnet - Huh, well now I get the joke. But I am a little surprised I never saw one like that.

Paraka

Miadaskate

Abzu arrived today.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Miadaskate

Manifold Garden up for pre-order at iam8bit.

I haven’t heard of it either.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

@Miadaskate

I was wondering who negotiated with William Chyr to leave English off the Japanese physical release of Manifold Garden, LRG or iam8bit. Now I know.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

@Miadaskate
I'll consider it for a future order if they still have it in stock.
It was showcased on an Indie World presentation and looks neat, but apparently isn't a very deep puzzler and is more a visual spectacle.

But yeah, I don't like this trend of leaving languages off of releases to discourage importing from other territories.

RupeeClock

Magician

No surprise, LRG will be publishing Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol physically.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@Magician - Hearing other rumors that LRG has a few other Disney-related physicals in their announcements as well.

Paraka

Magician

@Paraka

If that's true, Disney's Afternoon Collection or perhaps an Epic Mickey collection?

I'd appreciate either and/or both.

Paraka

@Magician - I am guessing more the lines of other LucasArts stuff they acquired.

If Aspyr is still working on things SW, suspecting KotOR Remaster being a legitimate thing.

Paraka

RupeeClock

Disney deals with LRG isn't too surprising after the Star Wars success.
This gives me hope for a Switch physical release of Duck Tales Remastered myself.

That said, Josh Fairhurst just yesterday tweeted about the Zombies Ate My Neighhours / Ghoul Patrol news, and added that his tweet wasn't an announcement about a physical release.

But the LRG account tweeted a tease about it the same day, so whatever really.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - To be fair, he defended his personal tweet. And legally if he announced it before the set date from LRG (assumingly), that can be a rough legal situation.

There are reasons companies seek to squash leaks.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Paraka
Yeah, even though LRG belongs to him, it might be violating a business agreement with the developer or publisher he and his company are working with.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

365games recently opened pre-orders for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2, but only recently updated with a picture of the box.
https://www.365games.co.uk/nintendo-switch-games/tony-hawks-p...
This reveals that the game both requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership, and an internet download.
The NSO membership claim is unusual, because that's been required for any games that use online play, unless it's communicating that the game is unplayable without it?

The usual takeaway is that this is Activision being a crappy company as per usual.

RupeeClock

Aurumonado

Does anyone here know why Raiden IV is on the American Amazon.com but not the Canadian Amazon.ca?

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic