Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,641 to 8,660 of 11,397

RupeeClock

@Magician
True, the SteelBook looks great, though I never considered that people specifically collect the SteelBooks themselves.

I'm surprised this CE doesn't include a soundtrack disc though, that's usually a given in most CEs.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Sturmwind DX orders just opened.
The collector's edition is a mere €40 compared to the €30 for standard edition.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - In regards to your Kickstarter curiosity; I have seen this often, though I suspect many to play into the desires much like Wii U ports were back in the day.

However, there has been agreements with LRG and KS hopefuls to get their physical releases, GHOSTS being the most recent. So this can theoretically be how they're doing it too.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Paraka
With Kickstarter campaigns that promise physical versions of games, it's best to try and identify who will fulfill physical versions as it's not always made clear.

One project I've backed, Hazelnut Bastille, I don't believe ever outlined how they'll fulfill physical versions.
Another project, Jitsu Squad, responded that they have something lined up but wouldn't give details. It might have been an NDA or something, but Strictly Limited Games later sent out an email promoting the Kickstarter Campaign.

It's very much just a "consumer beware" sort of thing.

RupeeClock

Magician

Seems as though the physical release for R-Type Final 2 is a bit tragic.

A 2.4 GB post launch patch, ugh.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GrailUK

@Magician NOOooo....

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

@Paraka

Can't say for sure. According to eShop listing the game's file size is 7.9 GB, so I don't believe NIS America cheapened out on the cartridge size like 505 Games always does. 4GB + 2.4GB post patch doesn't quite add up. So perhaps there was just a lot of additional work done to the game recently? Regardless, it's annoying.

Anywho, apparently Wired Productions are rereleasing their games under a new, more boutique "Black Label" branding. Which is just Wired Productions attempting to sell you a fancy box, lol. The first game to be released is Victor Vran, which is a really good arpg, but I'm content with my standard copy.

I don't have an extra $100 to throw at this (which is probably what they'll ask).
https://shop.wiredproductions.com/collections/the-black-label...

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

SpaceAce13

Steelbook are probably my favorite item in collectors editions. Those and art books. Can’t say why for sure, I just love them. With that said I did buy the collectors edition of sturmwind. Shmups are my favorite genre and a steelbook and art book to boot... easy call. @RupeeClock

SpaceAce13

Magician

Belexes

@Magician This is how we are going to get F-Zero on the Switch. Build it yourself, LOL.

Belexes

RupeeClock

@Belexes
Shouldn't be hard, F-Zero X had the bare-minimum graphical fidelity to maximise frame rate.
All the models were super-low poly.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@Magician - Gotta admit though, that Black Label presentation is going to get people hooked. Looks really slick.

I already have Vran though, so I am content, especially since it plays decent without the day one patch regardless.

@SpaceAce13 - Art books, always art books that get me. It's still the reason I play WoW to this day.

Paraka

JasmineDragon

SpaceAce13 wrote:

Steelbook are probably my favorite item in collectors editions. Those and art books. Can’t say why for sure, I just love them.

I totally get that. The top things that attract me in a special edition are steelbooks and music CDs. I think it's partly because the steelbook is easily discernable as a special edition sitting right there on the Switch shelf, kind of like how hardcover books look much nicer than paperbacks on the shelf. And steelbooks feel like a quality product, much more so than a lot of other things that you get in some CEs.

(With CDs it's very simple, I love music and I've been collecting CDs since the Eighties.)

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

RupeeClock

Razion EX pre-order details just announced from NGDEV-direct.
https://www.ngdevdirect.com/blogs/news/razion-ex-sales-dates

1400 limited edition, and 1400 standard edition units will be sold exclusively through their site.
They'll be sold in two batches.
Limited Edition goes for €54.95 whilst standard edition goes for €39.95.
1st batch of 700 units: 15. May 19:00 (7 PM CEST)
2nd batch of 700 units: 05. June 19:00 (7 PM CEST)

UK customers be advised that due to not resolving a GB VAT registration issue, that the minimum order amount must come to at least ~135 GBP.
https://www.ngdevdirect.com/policies/shipping-policy
They are also limited to shipping to certain countries. Northern Ireland is not available.

So if I wanted to place an order, that would effectively force me to buy 2 LE units and 2 SE units, and also have to pay shipping and customs fees.
I'm hoping that they resolve this by the time the second batch goes on sale, otherwise I might skip out on this. I can't justify buying four copies even if I were to proxy-purchase for someone.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock

Preorders open on the 15th? Excellent. That at least gives a chance at getting a copy. Time to break out the sniper scope then.

RupeeClock

@Magician
Yes, apparently the 15th.
The email and initial tweet that went out earlier gave an incorrect date of the 17th.

Nice of them to do Saturday pre-orders, most sites do weekday pre-orders these days, with Strictly Limited Games being a notable exception.

RupeeClock

Magician

SRG's next game announcement on Friday.

Would you rather Deponia Collection, Inmost, Super Crush KO, or Vigil?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic