Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,621 to 8,640 of 8,711

Magician

I think those MF'ers at US Customs stole my order for SRG bundle # 13.

Its been languishing in Chicago for two weeks, it should've been here by now.

My order for Abzu will probably arrive before it does.

Switch Physical Collection - 711 games (as of May 14th, 2021)
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4 Special (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Miadaskate

Wanted to add that RUINER will also be a part of Special Reserve’s 2nd chance sale on Tuesday.

As for DOOM, I ended up getting the Collector’s Edition for PS4, and the Standard for Switch. I will probably be doing the same for the Castlevania set, but both for Switch. I mainly see the majority of the Castlevania games included in the collection as Nintendo games, anyway.

Thanks for whomever suggested to open up B Side Games in Google so it asks to translate. I’ll be placing an order for the special set of Kamiko soon. It’s currently on sale for 30% off.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Paraka

I have been pretty well off avoiding collecting CE versions of most Switch games. However, those light ones that Doom and CV have... makes it pretty hard, especially when you know you're heading into major milestones with just games.

That being said: a whole lot arrived at my door Friday. So because I had more than the 900 threshold, I picked one out individually and my 900th game was....

Bibi & Tina at the Horse Farm! Please please, retain you hype and excitement, I must remain humble.

Paraka

Zuljaras

Any news on what track will be playable in the Castlevania Shadow Box? I searched but I found nothing

I hope it is NOT Vampire Killer ... I want the damn Bloody Tears!

Zuljaras

RupeeClock

@Zuljaras
Likewise, Vampire Killer is seriously overrated.
It's weird because for the Doom Shadow Box, they tell you it plays E1M1.

RupeeClock

Zuljaras

@RupeeClock I created a ticket to ask and I will write here if anything other than "Look out for the answer in out Twitter etc." comes up

Zuljaras

Magician

It certainly is a...sturmy...week from boutique publishers.

Sturmfront from RAG and Sturmwind from PixN Love.

What a coincidence, lol.

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

SpaceAce13

Do pix’n love typically get western releases? I would love that game but would rather an ESRB copy if it’s likely @Magician

SpaceAce13

Magician

@SpaceAce13

Most of PixN Love's releases have gotten ESRB retail releases as well, though not all. Samurai Shodown Neo Geo Collection was an LRG-only ESRB release. Pretty sure Unruly Heroes won't get a physical release outside of Europe, and Sturmwind might be the same. Can't say for certain though.

Paraka

So dropping in to say something interesting about Umihara Kawase Bazooka.

Their reversible cover is the exact same as their base, but with an ESRB rating and NA style spine.

Which is a relief for me, as I have been making many MANY covers to fit that style for some time now.

Paraka

RupeeClock

365games has opened pre-orders for the NTSC release of Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.
https://www.365games.co.uk/nintendo-switch-games/the-great-ac...

I'm still awaiting for them to open a listing for Legend of Mana, and maybe Blaster Master Zero Trilogy. I'm hesitant to get that trilogy since it's pretty pricey and I already have the first two games individually from LRG.

RupeeClock

Miadaskate

And just like that, Limited Run Games is now an official Xbox partner. I swear, if they put out that DOOM set ima be so pissed lol (but I will 100% buy it).

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

RupeeClock

@Miadaskate
Funnily enough I can't see a peep about this partnership on LRG's site or Twitter, nor on LimitedRunJosh.
That is fantastic news though because Microsoft notoriously had a minimum order quantity of 10,000 units for physical manufacturing. They may be waiving that to make LRG releases possible.
Very few Xbox titles have been sold through LRG, but all distribution related before.

I'd be prepared to see waves of previous LRG releases get Xbox prints now. Not something I'll be a customer of, but still happy to see this.

RupeeClock

Magician

@Miadaskate @RupeeClock

I thought the minimum order for Xbox games was 50k? Anyway, yeah, the newly announcement MS / LRG partnership suggests the minimum order requirement will not only be lowered but lifted all together. I'm sure the NL resident Xbots are thrilled by that news, although like you I can't say I care much about that bit of news.

P.S. - Mary Skelter Finale and King's Bounty II are up on Shop4.

https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/mary-ske...

https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/kingand0...

I assume both will get ESRB releases open for preorder at some point.

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
For video game preservation in general it's a great move, I'm sure Xbox has a ton of digital games worth physically preserving including some that aren't available on other platforms.

I seem to recall the figure was 10k based on a tweet from LimitedRunJosh, but I may be misremembering. In any case, it was significantly higher than the batches of 1k units for Switch games.

I feel like the recent co-operation with Bethesda for the physical publication of DOOM games played a hand in this development, as well as getting to work with bigger companies like Konami, Ubisoft, and Universal.

RupeeClock

Paraka

Now only if Nintendo can do the same. Git Good Job! and The Stretchers that need love (and possible DLC).

Paraka

Magician

@Monkeido

An update. Just got my Japanese copy of Star Renegades. It shipped with version 1.0.0 on the cartridge, post launch patched up to version 1.0.1. I took the week off work for this game, so I'll @ you again after I've spent some time with it.

P.S. - The Japanese releases Muse Dash (music/rhythm) and Rolling Gunner (horizontal shmup) both support English and have zero post launch patching (as of this post), if anyone is curious.

P.P.S - Reached 700 in the Switch collection...again, after downsizing a lot of mediocrity out of the collection these past couple months.

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

RupeeClock wrote:

@Miadaskate
Funnily enough I can't see a peep about this partnership on LRG's site or Twitter, nor on LimitedRunJosh.
That is fantastic news though because Microsoft notoriously had a minimum order quantity of 10,000 units for physical manufacturing. They may be waiving that to make LRG releases possible.
Very few Xbox titles have been sold through LRG, but all distribution related before.

I'd be prepared to see waves of previous LRG releases get Xbox prints now. Not something I'll be a customer of, but still happy to see this.

Yeah I could only find it on a few pages, but it’s 100% confirmed. I’d only be buying Xbox exclusive titles, or titles from studios they acquired that I like. Everything else gets played on the Switch or the PS5.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

RupeeClock wrote:

I feel like the recent co-operation with Bethesda for the physical publication of DOOM games played a hand in this development, as well as getting to work with bigger companies like Konami, Ubisoft, and Universal.

I 100% agree with this. I also would like to think that they read this forum and saw what I wrote just a few days ago 😆

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic