Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,521 to 8,540 of 11,397

RupeeClock

Brilliant, and here I was thinking there'd be no LRG Switch release this week.
That collector's edition looks excellent too.

That's pretty much my April 30th order cemented then: Doom Classics Collection standard, Sam & Max Save the World standard, Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection Vol. 1 standard, Bug Fables Collector's Edition.

RupeeClock

Magician

According to the Japanese eShop listing, the Japanese physical release for Dungeon & Gravestone will support English.
https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000029311.html

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0924M69VZ

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Got the Shantae games in today from LRG.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Belexes

@Miadaskate I as well with the box to store all the games in. Very satisfying!

Belexes

RupeeClock

My big Shantae order from September last year is still outstanding, since there are multiple collector's editions that are still in production.
Things like the slipcover and steelbooks are ready though. It'll mean I have a full set of Shantae collectibles from LRG, barring things like the early soundtrack CDs/vinyls or convention goodies like GBC style boxes.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock @Belexes - I did not get the slipcover myself, my focus is on the games alone.

That being said, I did receive my whole lot, along with 24 different games from pending imports.

I am 4 away from surpassing 900 total games.

Paraka

Magician

@Paraka

900? Lawd have mercy! Congrats on approaching that milestone.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

@Paraka
Is that 900 games for the Switch overall, or is that across other systems?
The number of Switch games currently in my possession physically is around 270, but with a further 75 that are awaiting fulfillment.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Switch alone.

My totaly game collection likely surpasses 3k. Still have the 350+ on the GCN.

@Magician - It served me well that I stopped a year before the Switch was revealed and started saving.

Now it's been playing the pricing game. Also lucked out on Pokémon TCG I had that sold off for an additional 13,000 in the bank total.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Magician

693 + 94 on preorder / waiting fulfillment myself. I might have been closing in on 1,000 in the collection if I hadn't spent the past year downsizing. I'm at the point now where there isn't much fat left to trim. All the mediocre, lazy ports have been lopped off.

Paraka

I always had a weird interest in the horrible games, like analytical interest. What not to do when making games and such.

Now that I am assisting a friend with his podcast, they may serve a new purpose eventually.

Paraka

Magician

@Paraka

There's definitely an audience for folks who punish themselves playing or discussing mediocre games.

AVGN made a career out of it.

RupeeClock

Pix'n Love Publishing have reveals the contents and quantity of their Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection vol.1 collector's edition.
1500pcs go for sale Thursday 22nd 2pm UK Time.

The inclusion of a Neo Geo Pocket snap case makes this a very appealing set, compared to the LRG distribution that opts for a SteelBook.

I'm still not totally clear on whether or not Pix'n Love Publishing have limited stock of a standard edition, but the LRG versions will be open pre-order for 4 weeks.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@Magician - Yep, figured he wants to do it in a similar fashion, but my curse is their boon.

Also noticing you get so many games your own auto-correct randomly capitalizes certain words from said list.

@RupeeClock - Neither CE looks that amazing this time. Was half expecting PnL to continue the hard plastic case for SNK.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Paraka
The snap case looks pretty authentic to original Neo Geo Pocket packaging anyway, it's inside of the cardboard packaging that includes the artbook and other goodies.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Was talking about the whole ensemble. PnL had their whole kit in an overly sized version of the game case. It was hard plastic and not easily succumbable to weight like most cardboard boxes.

Paraka

RupeeClock

Well, Pix'n Love Publishing just announced the deluxe editions for the NGPC selection.

Absurdly there are two separate versions of the deluxe edition, making you buy the game twice if you want a complete set.
Again in cardboard boxes instead of hard plastic cases.

Also Pix'n Love Publishing do a terrible job of announcing the prices of their items ahead of time, since they omit it from their Twitter posts and they don't list any items on their site until the moment they open pre-orders.

RupeeClock

Miadaskate

Spinch is now shipping from iam8bit.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Preorders for P-A Switch exclusive #18 (I think?) go live today. Empire of Angels IV. Meh, it looks like a port of a mobile strategy rpg with chibi waifus. It feels like their weakest choice so far, in my opinion.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic