Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,461 to 8,480 of 11,365

Miadaskate

Belexes wrote:

Miadaskate wrote:

Wonder Boy - Asha In Monster World is up for pre-order at Amazon :

https://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Boy-Monster-World-Nintendo-Swit...

Stock is still left at Strictly Limited:
https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/wonder-boy...

Normally I’d be interested as that one comes with a manual, but the North American retail artwork is vastly superior. Plus it’s a little cheaper than what Strictly Limited will end up costing.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Belexes

SLG is releasing Bubble Bobble 4 again with all the DLC on the cartridge. Looks like they are restricting to those that purchased the prior version from them. 500 limit on pre-orders.

Belexes

Miadaskate

Next Super Rare game is Unrailed!

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Paraka

@Miadaskate - I gotta say, the range of excitement for SRG releases is so vast sometimes. None of this triple pack excites me much. Brothers being the best out of the three but sounds lukewarm at best.

Paraka

Belexes

"Unrailed?" or Unrailed...." for me. Meh.

Belexes

RupeeClock

Belexes wrote:

SLG is releasing Bubble Bobble 4 again with all the DLC on the cartridge. Looks like they are restricting to those that purchased the prior version from them. 500 limit on pre-orders.

For some reason they're selling these as just the loose cover sheet and game cartridge. It's a pretty generous £13.99 price though exclusive to previous buyers.
You can always buy the appropriate case separately though.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NTY43V9/
I had to buy one to replace a badly damaged case for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury.

Miadaskate wrote:

Next Super Rare game is Unrailed!

Another SRG release I'll be skipping then. This one just didn't look interesting at all.
I get their philosophy of "We only publish games we genuinely enjoyed playing" and I can see them spending time in their small office playing this a bunch, but it's no good to the primarily single-player audience that I believe overlaps with collectors.

RupeeClock

Magician

@Miadaskate

SRG's offering of Unrailed is a sublimely disappointing announcement for my gaming tastes. But...they all can't be winners. And there's something to be said of SRG's occasional quirky choices. [OT] I spend my days hoping some boutique publisher will eventually pick up Hand of Fate 2, Into The Breach, or Just Shapes & Beats.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Zuljaras

Yeah SRG game choices are quite bad. That is why from their library I only have Machinarium, Project Warlock and Creaks.

They just like making physical copies of very bad indie games.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Magician

@Zuljaras

I wouldn't say SRG's choices are bad. They have better taste than say...First Press Games, Ultra Collectors, or even Gamefairy (and I'm fond of Gamefairy). SRG have picked more winners than losers. I'd rate them higher than LRG, if LRG didn't leverage nostalgia as well as they do.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Zuljaras

@Magician compared to the big guns LRG ... but I guess they have better contracts. I mean LRG give us some AAA titles from time to time. Maybe because they are in the USA.

Edited on by Zuljaras

RupeeClock

@Magician
Yes, First Press Games have quite a middling to low selection. The release I'm most anticipating from them is Mindseize and there's still no news about it.

Ultra Collectors, for some time I figured were pretty much created just to publish that mediocre Indiecalypse game, but it appears they're publishing 3000 copies of "Super Sports Blast" in 6 days time.
https://www.ultracollectors.com/nintendo-switch/
Super Sports Blasts looks actually awful from the screenshots though.
Ultra Collectors appear to be a branch of Jandusoft anyway, a Catalonian developer, publisher, and porter based in Barcelona. They apparently helped to port SuperEpic?
https://www.jandusoft.com/ported-games/superepic/

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock

Super Sports Blast appears to be a competent futball game.

I have zero interest in that, but at least it's a step up from Indiecalypse.

Belexes

@RupeeClock I am thinking SLG must think we will toss the original Bubble Bobble cartridge + cover and replace with the what they are offering. I will be doing what you stated - buy an aftermarket case. (retain both releases)

No mention of Red Art Games for mediocre game selection? I only own a few of their releases.

Edited on by Belexes

Belexes

Magician

@Belexes

I can see how some would rate RAG as a bottom-tier boutique publisher. But they gave me a physical copy of Neurovoider, which is a 9/10 game in my book. They get a pass.

Belexes wrote:

Splasher, Xeodrifter, and Candleman for me. No pass.

I respect that.

I would also add to that by saying RAG has the worst consistency between releases.

Slip cover, no slip cover, manual, no manual, English box art, no English box art, etc.

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic