Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 7,721 to 7,740 of 11,399

Monkeido

It's a gorgeous looking set, that's for sure! I've never played Ori and haven't been interested enough to buy it on Steam in all these years, so the price was way too high for me. I'd only spend that on a CE of a game I know I love.

Monkeido

Miadaskate

Yeah I’m definitely just going to wait for standard Ori copies. Nothing in that CE is worth $149.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Belexes

Those of us that patronize Best Buy (and I sure did with GCU), my local store called me to advise they are closing at the end of the year. (I had a game being shipped there to avoid $ for home shipment) I have a store at the other end of town and that will remain for now. I suspect most of us buy our physicals online anyway versus in-store. Likely national press release from them soon.

When Toys R Us closed, I was crushed - bought most of my 8-bit Nintendo games there as a child - there and Kay Bee Toys.

Edited on by Belexes

Belexes

Paraka

@Belexes - This would explain the price hike of some Walmart games.

Paraka

Miadaskate

Nicalis will be releasing Dungreed on October 27th.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Magician

After a kerfuffle regarding a stocking issue, Void Bastards finally shipped from AmazonNA.

I think this physical release has "hidden gem" potential.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Monkeido

@Magician I'd have bought that right away (already own it on Steam), but since it doesn't have gyro-aiming, I'm still on the fence. Definitely a great game though!

Edited on by Monkeido

Monkeido

Magician

Looks like the Japanese physical release of Shiren the Wanderer 5+ will support English straight away.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B08GXKKJ4H

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Much to my delight, AmazonJP confirms that the Japanese physical release for Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Adventure Pack will support English straight away. So don't feel pressured to get a Southeast Asian copy from Play-Asia if you're interested in the game, you have options.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B08J8BFYDS

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Just a standard copy of Darius Cozmic Revelation for me this time.

I can't bring myself to spend an extra $90 for the CE.

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/all

Belexes

Still plenty of stock left on standard editions of Turrican. Vol one and two. I have not pulled the trigger yet, but plan to.

Belexes

Magician

Random

Here in Murica Collar X Malice Unlimited (the fandisc, not the main game) is quietly becoming hard to find. Sold out on the Aksys store, AmazonNA, Gamestop, Best Buy, etc. It must've been a really low print run.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Bah!

The Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Twitter account mentions the Switch release is digital only.

RupeeClock

Special Reserve Games are opening pre-orders for Crossing Souls, and The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse later today. About five and a half hours time from this post if I'm not mistaken.
12pm Central time, 6pm BST.

There'll be 3000 standard Switch editions of each game, as well as very expensive signature editions. No open pre-order this time.

RupeeClock

Magician

Pokemon Sword + Expansion Pass

Pokemon Shield + Expansion Pass

Two more Pokemon S/S physical releases, but these will have the expansion passes baked into the cartridges. Nice. Set for a release on November 6th.

P.S. - I got my orders for Crossing Souls and The Swords of Ditto in through SRG. And then their server briefly crashed, lol. Best of luck to those interested. If 8k copies of Hotline Miami Collection sold through in less than twenty minutes and these releases only have a print run of 3k...

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

Got Swords of Ditto! Yay!

Currently Playing :

RupeeClock

For preservation's sake, I'm grateful that they'll be a release that has 100% of the content of the game card.
Game Freak and TPCi might have chosen to do this as a precaution due to backwards compatibility and bringing Pokémon forward being very important for the series.
Eventually, there is a risk that the 3DS will bottleneck this if any online services like Pokémon Bank shut down. The eventual situation will make it possible to get Pokémon across all eight generations into Pokémon Sword and Shield.

RupeeClock

SpaceAce13

Got both souls and ditto. Very happy!

SpaceAce13

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Now Nintendo needs to do Splatoon 2 and Smash eventually and I can rest peacefully.

Paraka

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic