Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 7,681 to 7,700 of 11,397

Magician

Got Minecraft Dungeons: Hero Edition as a part of a trade today. The game has a 5 GB day-one patch, but it isn't a required download to play the base game. This arpg is more interesting than the previous arpg I played, Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon. Although there is a whole lot of framerate stuttering during gameplay.

I wonder if the update will fix any of that?

Edit: P.S. - Alright...weird. The box art warns of a 5 GB mandatory update, but the update to version 1.4.0.0 was only 788 MB? Perhaps there are additional updates planned that aren't live on the Switch yet, and those updates will amount to 5 GB? I dunno.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

Doom 64 is getting a physical release from Limited Run Games, pre-orders for PS4 and Switch versions starting September 25th.

That's awesome, but what about the first three Doom games? I hope they get a form of physical release too.

RupeeClock

leerafuse

"All Kero Blaster, Ittle Dew, and Death Squared Triple Set pre-orders will also start shipping this week."

Just received my email! Long time coming for this one!

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

RupeeClock

@leerafuse
Likewise! I've been looking forward to that order.
I ordered the triple pack primarily for Kero Blaster and Ittle Dew, but Death Squared sounds cool too.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - I am going to air some... Concerns, regarding LRG getting more big names on paper.

This could easily be the larger companies leveraging their lack of desired investment to make carts themselves, relying on LRG to be that promotional push for it with no genuine responsibility for it themselves. They easily get an excuse of, "We did do physical, you missed out." And lacking the potential of competing against their own games for resell turn around.

This is all well and good, but this can be abused if more sign onto this, LRG only has so much time and venue for releases that many indie games would be overlooked.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Paraka
Yes, the thought definitely occurred to me.
How else could they get a big company like Konami on board for a physical release of a Castlevania game? Especially when they've done physical releases for Bloodstained games which directly compete with their spiritual predecessor.

LRG still serve as a physical publisher of games that would've otherwise only ever been intended for a digital release, but I share your concern that this'll come at the end of smaller indie developers not getting their chance.
On the other hand, so many other physical boutique publishers have emerged that this may be less of an issue. Competitors like Super Rare Games and Redart Games have already physically published Switch versions of games that LRG previously published on PS4.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Though true, many of them are a tad more sparse and unpredictable. SRG is definitely good on their quality, but some limits can prove difficult, and if major publishers start signing up to this, the avenues become limited.

I am not playing prophecy here, just airing a concern of what can happen if this isn't tempered to some degree. I prefer indies over big guys when it comes to this, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for Doom 64 getting a physical release, especially now there is no login thingamajig.

Paraka

Magician

@Shamrock

Chicken Range is a glorified flash game.

I paid $15 for a European physical copy years ago and after playing it I felt as though I paid too much.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

@Shamrock

Some maniac collectors like JP Switchmania probably will, but in my opinion it's a $45 upcharge for a piece of plastic.

Paraka

@Magician @Shamrock - Well, not only that, but Big Buck Hunter can be found with this accessory for much less.

Paraka

Belexes

Just got my shipping notice for Lode Runner from SLG - geez, I forgot I even ordered that one it has been so long.

Belexes

RupeeClock

I got my shipping notification for Lode Runner Legacy too, just the standard edition and nothing else.
For some reason I got two tracking numbers, a second shipping update email this morning with a later tracking number that doesn't work.

RupeeClock

leerafuse

If anyone missed out on "Samurai Shodown Switch - Shockbox Gold Edition," it is back up at www.pixnlovepublishing.com

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Paraka

So, my Darius Cozmic Collection finally came in.

I gotta say, probably the most impressive layout of a box set to date for me. Just... Wow.

Paraka

Zuljaras

I do not know if it has been said but Doom 64 from LimitedRunGames will also have 25$ option with just the game. The initial article here suggested that the Classic edition will be the only option price at 55$.

SpaceAce13

Zuljaras wrote:

I do not know if it has been said but Doom 64 from LimitedRunGames will also have 25$ option with just the game. The initial article here suggested that the Classic edition will be the only option price at 55$.

For $24.99 this is a buy for me

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate

RedArt’s next game will be Children of Zodiarcs.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

RedArt’s next game will be Children of Zodiarcs.

@Miadaskate

Preorders for that have been open through Red Art since March.

Magician

@Zuljaras

Yeah, here in Murica Gamestop has it listed for a March release.

I'm curious as to why its release on Switch was omitted during the Ubisoft Forward.

An official announcement for the casual Switch owners during tomorrow's partner showcase then?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic