Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 7,501 to 7,520 of 11,397

Paraka

@rumandgore - Odd, guessing the triple pack was entirely sold through too. Impressive.

Paraka

Belexes

I should clarify that my order said "test" on it - seeking clarification from Super Rare Games if valid or not. Paypal payment went through.

Belexes

leerafuse

That sucks the triple pack sold out? Didn’t think waiting an hour would be that crazy.

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Belexes

@leerafuse Their site had a malfunction - nothing sold out yet - will try to launch the sale again next Thursday.

Belexes

Magician

Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory has been rated for a physical release in Murica.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

leerafuse

@Belexes Yeah I got the email too. Mine went through as a "test" as well with the PayPal payment. I inquired about the 3(4?) pack that was on their site earlier, as I'd rather grab all 3 to save on shipping. So I guess we shall see the response.

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Belexes

On Facebook (and via a direct e-mail to me), Super Rare Games confirmed that my 'test' order is valid. I hope everything goes smooth for others next Thursday.

Edited on by Belexes

Belexes

RupeeClock

It wasn't just Super Rare Games having pre-order issues that day.
First Press Games opened pre-orders for their release of Psychotic Adventures Origins at the same time, and had the same issues. It was all down to Shopify.
Shopify are usually pretty reliable, so that was strange.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Well if the stories are true, may been a bombardment of these stores (heard some art thing also was released at this time) could have overloaded the system.

Paraka

Magician

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin preorders are opening. There's a divine edition available through XSEED's online store. $20 over msrp for an artbook, soundtrack, and charm. I assume the divine edition will be more widely available from retailers sometime next week.

P.S. - Zoids Wild: Blast Unleashed is open to preorders on AmazonNA.
https://www.amazon.com/Zoids-Wild-Blast-Unleashed-Nintendo-Sw...

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Just got my order of Vambrace: Cold Soul from Gamefairy. Between Gamefairy and Strictly Limited, those wonderful Germans are producing some terrific CEs. Well done, both of you.

Miadaskate

Special Reserve has confirmed Carrion will be available to Pre-Order starting July 23rd (same day as the Gris reprint). Best news? Open Pre-Order!!! Can’t freaking wait.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

@Miadaskate

I'm so glad Carrion will be an open preorder.

I won't have to take a day off work just to lock in an order due to limited supply.

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

@Miadaskate

I'm so glad Carrion will be an open preorder.

I won't have to take a day off work just to lock in an order due to limited supply.

Same; I was really worried about this one.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Belexes

How long are the Special Reserve open orders open?

Belexes

RupeeClock

@Belexes
Most of the time, their orders are limited quantity, and for the past few releases have been prone to selling out within an hour of opening.
They don't do two-wave order windows like Limited Run Games or Strictly Limited Games either.

On July 23rd, they're taking open pre-orders for Carrion and an unnumbered variant of Gris. I believe this is the first time that they're taking open pre-orders for anything.

RupeeClock

Belexes

@RupeeClock Thanks - when I think of open pre-orders, I think that they are time sensitive and not quantity sensitive like how LRG does them.

"While our open preorders will allow you weeks to order, you'll want to drop in fast to claim your copy of the MFP Single." (PS4)

So it looks like "weeks" to order? Nonetheless, I probably won't waste much time on Carrion. (and I need to pick up Gris)

Belexes

SpaceAce13

Did anyone realize that Ys VIII seems to be rare and expensive suddenly? It’s impossible to buy a copy on switch right now for less than like $90

SpaceAce13

RupeeClock

Belexes wrote:

@RupeeClock Thanks - when I think of open pre-orders, I think that they are time sensitive and not quantity sensitive like how LRG does them.

"While our open preorders will allow you weeks to order, you'll want to drop in fast to claim your copy of the MFP Single." (PS4)

So it looks like "weeks" to order? Nonetheless, I probably won't waste much time on Carrion. (and I need to pick up Gris)

That's right, open pre-orders are time windows where they start and stop accepting orders.
The reason they do it that way is that they need to put in an order with Nintendo for how many thousands of copies of game cartridges need to be manufactured.
Closing pre-orders when they've taken 5100 orders would mean an excess of 900 copies, which is not a good situation. Some are needed for replacements, but otherwise they sell this excess in a "second chance" sale later in the year.

RupeeClock

Magician

Its been a fairly quiet week. I've noticed preorders for Bakugan opening up from more places. $10 over msrp for a deluxe edition that includes toy and some other nick-naks (meh). Today I suppose some folks will give a second attempt at grabbing the Steamwold games from Super Rare? While next week we've got Special Reserve and LRG opening preorders for a few things.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic