Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 7,321 to 7,340 of 11,365

Magician

So the Pix'N Love release for Samurai Shodown Neo Geo Collection is mildly disappointing. Artbook, soundtrack, lithographs. Not terrible, but certainly not as thrilling as the physical release of Samurai Shodown 2 Pocket Fighting that came with their release of Samurai Shodown 2019.

I feel comfortable skipping this one in favor of a less expensive Japanese standard copy.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

SpaceAce13

Special reserve only doing 3,000 copies of mother Russia bleeds and lrg only doing 2,500. I know it’s not nearly as popular as hotline Miami, but their titles can sell faaast. I’m scared I’m going to miss this one

SpaceAce13

Paraka

@RupeeClock - I can now confirm they did go to the spam, good catch, man.

Paraka

rumandgore

SpaceAce13 wrote:

Special reserve only doing 3,000 copies of mother Russia bleeds and lrg only doing 2,500. I know it’s not nearly as popular as hotline Miami, but their titles can sell faaast. I’m scared I’m going to miss this one

Which cover do we like better? I think I prefer LRG's cover this time.

rumandgore

Miadaskate

GUNLORD looks SICK!!!!!

I did see this one floating through my social media this week, but I wasn’t sure this was the one you were talking about, Magician!

Fingers crossed on a standard. I like the LE cover art better, but at least it’s included on the reverse art / manual.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Miadaskate

What is going on with their website? It keeps logging me out.

This website is ass.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

RupeeClock

I managed to secure an order for Gunlord X on their site, but I had to do it via Chrome.
I couldn't get it to work properly via Firefox, but the site seems very poorly coded or maintained in general.
Maybe they could just use Shopify or something.

RupeeClock

leerafuse

@Miadaskate same here. Safari wasn't working, so did it through the google app on my iPhone.. Jeesh what a show.

Edited on by leerafuse

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

SpaceAce13

I had to make a panic move to get to my laptop because I couldn’t access it through my phone either. I was freaking out lol. Did manage to secure a standard copy though which is what I wanted. I have a feeling this one will be very expensive second hand.

SpaceAce13

Belexes

Gunlord standard edition secured with the strange store experience that most seemed to experience as well. Bite the Bullet up next.

Belexes

SpaceAce13

@Belexes I’m really torn on bite the bullet. I like the idea. I like the look. But when I watch gameplay, it just doesn’t excite me much. Gonna let it go for now, and if it sells out before I can decide, no big deal.

SpaceAce13

SpaceAce13

Super trench attack and guns of mercy both going up for preorder on vgny starting tomorrow. 1500 copies of each (of this cover variant)

Watched trailers for both, will probably be a double skip. Trench attack looks okay, guns of mercy looks like there is just way too much going on on screen

Edited on by SpaceAce13

SpaceAce13

Belexes

@SpaceAce13 likely a double skip for me as well - genres that do not interest me all that much. I am taking a leap of faith on Bite the Bullet as I enjoy mashups of genres and this one looks to be an RPG/Platformer/Action Adventure.

Belexes

SpaceAce13

@Belexes yeah, like I said, I’m very intrigued by it, but I’m also thinking more stuff I want is going to drop in the next week or so and I only have so much to spend. I hope it’s good, I really like everything about it other than the gameplay I’ve seen.

With that said, how many of you have bought from redart games? How’s their quality and such? I’m considering xeodrifter. Looks pretty cool

SpaceAce13

Magician

SpaceAce13 wrote:

With that said, how many of you have bought from redart games? How’s their quality and such? I’m considering xeodrifter. Looks pretty cool

@SpaceAce13 - Red Art Games is an odd duck. Although they advertise that their releases have a print run of 3k or fewer, not one of their releases have sold out. Is there a lack of interest in the company from the collecting community or do they print more than advertised? Personally, I haven't had issues with their releases, aside from some inconsistency with their products (some games have sleeves some don't, big box releases being on the cheapish side, etc).

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

@Magician
I think it's mostly a lack of interest in their releases, or maybe not getting much press.

The only game I've ordered from Red Art Games is Xeodrifter, everything else hasn't caught my interest, and many titles seem to be particularly poor ones like Legend of the Skyfish.

You can find titles from Eastasiasoft, Super Rare Games, and Strictly Limited Games alike that have yet to sell through alike. Demand for the games can vary, like how Super Rare Games over-estimated the demand for a collector's edition of The Gardens Between, or for 5000 copies of Smoke and Sacrifice.

RupeeClock

Magician

Shop4 has created a page for The Survivalists, published by Team17 so there'll probably a NTSC version announced fairly soon.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/the-surv...

yeayeanaynay

@SpaceAce13 Red art are awesome. I have bought 3 switch games from them and they do quality work. Looking forward to Xeodrifter in the post and purchasing more from them. One of my fave boutique publishers for sure..

yeayeanaynay

SpaceAce13

Awesome, thanks for the info, guys! Anyone ever play Xeodrifter? Looks pretty cool

SpaceAce13

RupeeClock

Xeodrifter is pretty cool, it's miniature in nature and doesn't take long to beat.
You navigate four worlds in non-linear order, hopping back and forth between them to find means of progression, and quite literally hope between the foreground and background.
It was originally a budget 3DS title it shows, and it very often goes on sale digitally, so it's very much a case of enthusiasts buying it over it being bang for your buck.

RupeeClock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic