Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,741 to 6,760 of 11,393

Magician

Gamefairy will be revealing Switch release #2 on Monday.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

How are my fellow Switch collectors feeling? I think I'm at the point of readjusting my budget for the new year again. For 2019 I was 40/60, 40% of my budget going towards retail releases and 60% towards boutique and import releases. But the Switch isn't even halfway through its lifecycle and physical releases are coming out at a rate that exceeds my annual allotment of funds.

I worry that even shifting to 20/80 might not be adequate for 2020. The third year of a console's life is usually its most significant, games wise. The number of games from boutique publishers and games exclusive to various regions of the world are only going to escalate. I'm honestly scared.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GrailUK

@Magician I'm just collecting my personal 'must haves'. But you are totally right. They are coming outta the goddam walls I still prefer physical, so the number of collector's editions I'm buying has taken a hit. But I'm sure there are folk in much worse a predicament then me.

Edit. Thank you so much for your continued contribution to this thread. I for one appreciate it immensely and couldn't let it go without saying so

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

leerafuse

I am off retail releases unless it is a "I want/need to play this". Focus is on limited. However, right now with everything coming out, it is LRG, SRG, playasia, strictlylimited that is my mine focus. I must say the first years were more fun to be a collector. It is almost a chore now days.

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Arbor

@Magician when you reach 500 you should upload your collection in pics or a video tour!

Arbor

Magician

Arbor wrote:

@Magician when you reach 500 you should upload your collection in pics or a video tour!

I'm too concerned with personal privacy. I'm not a participant of social media. No Youtube channel, no account with Facebook or Twitter. Aside from one line in my signature, only family and friends are aware of the utter madness that is my Switch collection.

And yet I always marvel at the people who're nuttier about this hobby than I am.

Paraka

@Magician - With the flooded house my budget became a bit tighter that I initially planned. Especially since I am now an uncle to two children within December. My budget became priority boutique unless there is something I can capitalize on, like 15 dollar Disgaea 1+ or other such things.

Also, updating the omnibus is ridiculously time consuming having to update 5 months-ish worth of games.

Paraka

Dredlor

Will be at a little over 500 including what I have preordered . Gonna be hittin the breaks hard though due to some other financial things I gotta take care of unfortunately. Will be back at it once I get it all taken care of . Keep carrying the torch brothers/sisters !

Dredlor

Miadaskate

I basically only buy the limited games I know I’ll play, and then wait on sales for retail releases. I’m definitely trying to buy less for sure.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Redax

I always wonder where people get the money from. The Switch is almost three years so having a collection of 500 games makes it that you buy 15 games a month. Wow...

Redax

Dredlor

@Redax personally I’m pretty frugal when it comes to other expenditures outside of my hobby of game collecting . I also usually only buy used games or games that have a pretty good deal . It also helps that I have no children and my second job is apartment manager so I have been living rent free for many years . Just a perfect storm I have been riding I suppose . Gonna have to bow out this next year due to recent marriage and future plans ... I surmise I will still buy a must have game now and then but I gotta slam the breaks hard on my hobby.

Edited on by Dredlor

Dredlor

BruceCM

Well, I certainly don't buy that many, @Redax .... Even the people here getting the most games don't get every single one

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

Gamefairy's second release is Vambrace: Cold Soul.

P.S. - LRG announces preorders for Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King opening on the 20th.

Paraka

@Redax - Playing the market and budgets. I had 3 years of harvesting gift cards and money stowed away for the Switch since the Wii U had failed to deliver. So I moved to looking to much of the next gen. Switch just happened to hit it out of the park.

And as of November I am tapped of that spare money, so being frugal to where it is spent is a lot more important now.

Paraka

Miadaskate

Hell yes! I’ve been waiting for Blossom Tales.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

MulderYuffie

Same one of the games I've wanted most from them!

MulderYuffie

Magician

Shop4 has opened preorders for the Japanese version of the DMC triple pack.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/devil-ma...

yeayeanaynay

Next up from Strictly limited is Lode Runner Legacy.

Edited on by yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

Magician

Play-Asia has opened preorders for Kemco RPG Omnibus. This appears to different than the Kemco RPG Selection Vol. 1, as there are four different games in this collection than in than in that collection. But the box art that Play-Asia is listing shows an ESRB rating. I don't know if that's a bad photo shop or if this collection already has a western release in production?
https://www.play-asia.com/kemco-rpg-omnibus/13/70d7kf

leerafuse

Dark Devotion opens for a two-week pre-order on Switch next Friday, 12/20.

Is it me or are they pumping more games out lately?

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic