Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,721 to 6,740 of 8,003

Magician

Divinity Original Sin II via LRG, preorders open on December 6th.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 673 games (as of November 28th, 2020)
Currently playing: Va-11 Hall-A (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Magician

Capcom continues to be equally accommodating and frustrating as a triple pack for DMC is revealed. DMC1 will be on the cartridge while DMC2 and DMC3 will be download codes. So it's cool to have DMC1 on the cartridge (it's the only entry in the series I have nostalgia for), but this will probably upset fans of DMC3 who would've appreciated a physical copy of that game on Switch.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

WoomyNNYes

@Magician Wow. Paystation store says DMC HD Collection is 10.36 GB. I'm realizing now, Switch cartridges are so expensive that they can't even put the DMC trilogy on one cartridge, or even two low capacity cartridges.
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0102-NPUB30988_...

If Metroid Prime Trilogy is 7.7 GB for Wii U, how confident are we that they can put it on a cart? They should be able to fit it... on an 8GB cart. Right? Logic being, even though cards are rated as having X GB of capacity, actual free space is around 90% of that rated capacity. I mean, it kinda seems possible a Metroid Prime trilogy could come as a cart with download code. And sarcastically, can they afford to put it on a 16 GB cart? I know this may have sounded dumb, but it doesn't sound impossible.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League (platinum1 3v3, gold3 1v1), Splatoon 2
Would pay handsomely for Geoguessr on Switch

Zuljaras

@Woomy_NNYes Well actually it depends. If a company is sure that their products will sell well because it is that GOOD they will put it all on the cartridge without being afraid of losses just like CDPR with the Witcher 3. They are just afraid that this old collection will flop on sales and they will lose money on the cartridges.

I want most companies to use the Limited Run Games approach and let the players place pre-orders that covers the price of the cartridge. And only manufacture as many as are ordered. No loss only profit.

Zuljaras

Magician

The next Southeast Asia physical exclusive is...Romancing Saga 3.

Hmm, I would've preferred Saga Scarlett Grace, but whatever.
https://nintendosoup.com/romancing-saga-3-switch-physical-edi...

P.S. - Romancing Saga 3 is open to preorder at Play-Asia. It supports English, so if you're mildly interested don't hesitate to place an order.
https://www.play-asia.com/romancing-saga-3-remaster-english-c...

P.P.S. - According to today's Japanese eShop update, ESP Ra.De. will not support English, much to my disappointment. Although it is a shmup (a genre not heavy on text), there are a substantial number of unlockables. That will require menu navigation and more than a basic understanding of the language. So it looks like I'll be skipping the Japanese release, saving $100, and hoping someone releases this physically in the west.

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! And for those who don’t celebrate Thanksgiving....Happy Thursday!

What’s the verdict on The Gardens Between? CE or Standard? I’d like to get the CE, but I don’t really have room for them anymore. Standard it will be for me!

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! And for those who don’t celebrate Thanksgiving....Happy Thursday!

What’s the verdict on The Gardens Between? CE or Standard? I’d like to get the CE, but I don’t really have room for them anymore. Standard it will be for me!

Happy Turkey Day indeed.

For me, I always opt for the bundle. Although the CE is very nice, December and January will be murderous on my wallet, so I have to plan my purchases accordingly. And besides, I have full confidence in SRG's choices in which games to publish. With Shelter Generations being the least interesting choice thus far, imo.

And as an aside, the bundle mentions another RPG and another 2D platformer as a part of the bundle.

leerafuse

@Miadaskate Only collector's edition I ever bought was Earthlock from SRG. I don't know why I even bought that haha But also, with SRG, I always opt for the 3 pack.

leerafuse

Magician

Publisher Spike Chunsoft has created a page advertising the upcoming western release of Robotics;Notes Elite.
https://www.spike-chunsoft.com/games/roboticsnotes-elite/

Belexes

@SpaceAce13 I believe so. I stumbled across it in a Metal Jesus thread on Facebook. Someone took a photo of one in hand.

Belexes

Paraka

@Belexes - Odd, I was there shopping at both near my house and I didn't see one. I will continue to keep an eye out to confirm as well.

Paraka

Vanishing-Games

I picked it up from GameStop last Wednesday, definitely released! After some discussion I was able to get them to sell me a sealed copy...they hate selling sealed games as much as I hate buying “brand new” games that are opened

Vanishing-Games

SpaceAce13

Divinity with the $59.99 price tag through LRG

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate

Vanishing-Games wrote:

I picked it up from GameStop last Wednesday, definitely released! After some discussion I was able to get them to sell me a sealed copy...they hate selling sealed games as much as I hate buying “brand new” games that are opened

Good for you for fighting them on this! Don’t ever give in to this type of business practice. Next time they try that, ask if they’re going to sell it to you at the used price, and see what they say.

It’s no wonder they’re going out of business.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

SRG has release #25 in hand, teasing the fact in a twitter post.

Best guess suggests it's Smoke and Sacrifice.

P.S. - VGNYSoft reveal plans for four more Switch releases by the end of June 2020.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Preorders for My Memory of Us via Red Art Games open tomorrow.

MulderYuffie

@SpaceAce13 it's $60??? Hmmm That is a bit of a hard pill to swallow ain't it? I do want it but....i don't know gonna have to think on it a bit.

MulderYuffie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic