Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,541 to 6,560 of 11,394

Xyphon22

I've been wondering, is there somewhere that has a list of physical Switch games that are actually readily available to purchase? So not including games from like Super Rare and the like that were in limited stock and now impossible to get except maybe for over $100 on eBay? I prefer physical, but it is hard to remember what games are actually offered physically since so many get the physical treatment long after they have been put on the eShop.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

@Xyphon22
Not that I'm aware of, since games with wide releases tend to be easier to find.
I was going to link to Nintendo.com with a search for Switch games at retail, but it had things like Transistor by LRG.
My recommendation is just to browse Amazon, Gamestop, shop4megastore, and PlayAsia.

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Belexes

^ Best Buy is another good source as well and they include the LRG retail games as well.

Belexes

Magician

Psikyo Shooter Collections Alpha and Bravo are up on AmazonNA.

La-Mulana 1+2 as well.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

yeayeanaynay

another one from LRG! pre orders for Thea the awakening open on 1st Oct. thats tomorrow. are lrg starting to over do it?

Edited on by yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

Dredlor

It’s been a rough stretch here for us collectors ... but my love of physical games is stronger . Keep it coming haha.

Dredlor

Magician

Solomon18 wrote:

another one from LRG! pre orders for Thea the awakening open on 1st Oct. thats tomorrow. are lrg starting to over do it?

I figured LRG would escalate to four Switch games a month ever since PS Vita production ended. Personally, I'm alright with dialing back on retail purchases to have funds for the increasing number of boutique published games. But I'm a madman in regards to my Switch purchasing tendencies. The collectors with less expendable income are going to be annoyed.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dredlor

Magician wrote:

Solomon18 wrote:

I figured LRG would escalate to four Switch games a month ever since PS Vita production ended. Personally, I'm alright with dialing back on retail purchases to have funds for the increasing number of boutique published games. But I'm a madman in regards to my Switch purchasing tendencies. The collectors with less expendable income are going to be annoyed.

Lol I’m with ya brother! Been pretty loyal to keeping up with all the boutiques. I’m only buying day one on the must haves, and if I have some extra scratch at the end of the month I’ll throw it at some other used games in good condition . Slacking with the extra scratch lately though wedding next month and just purchased a new vehicle.. what’s your switch game count at currently ? I know you are one of the more balls deep fellas on here .

Dredlor

Magician

Dredlor wrote:

What’s your switch game count at currently ? I know you are one of the more balls deep fellas on here .

417, not including 72 paid-in-full preorders with that count. Most of those preorders are for boutique and non-domestic import exclusives. In this busy fall season of releases I only have two North American games preordered. Ghostbusters and Forager.

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@Magician - Snd here I was thinking I was pacing pretty well. Behind you by about 40 games.

Paraka

Magician

Paraka wrote:

@Magician - Snd here I was thinking I was pacing pretty well. Behind you by about 40 games.

shrug It isn't a competition of who has the most Switch releases. From that perspective, Youtubers like Destiny Fomo and/or JP Switchmania would be better benchmarks. They make my Switch collecting efforts seem meager. Their resources are on another level.

Paraka

@Magician - Don't misunderstand, I wasn't trying to make it a competition. It's just interesting to where we size up, honestly just thought I was within the same ballpark as you, seeing how we're both often getting something somewhere.

Paraka

Magician

Hmm, looks as though Shop4 is going to begin carrying Signature Editions. Those special editions Merge Games does for each game they publish physically.

yeayeanaynay

another LRG announcement. Pre-orders open on Nov 26 for Mary Skelter 2.

yeayeanaynay

Magician

Solomon18 wrote:

another LRG announcement. Pre-orders open on Nov 26 for Mary Skelter 2.

Mary Skelter 1&2 to be precise, since Idea Factory is including the first game with the second.

It's a must-buy if you enjoy the dungeon rpg genre; Etrian Odyssey, Labyrinth of Refrain, etc.

P.S. - Hmm, looks as though Koei Tecmo is going to milk the Switch physical collecting scene dry. The previously announced Atelier Dusk trilogy is getting individualized physical releases in Japan. KT will be offering all three games in one bundle digitally. But if you want the trilogy physically you'll have to purchase them piecemeal.

Just so you know, the Japanese release for the Atelier games usually don't support English, so I wouldn't purchase these Japanese versions if you don't speak ze language.
https://www.play-asia.com/atelier-ayesha-the-alchemist-of-dus...
https://www.play-asia.com/atelier-escha-logy-alchemists-of-th...
https://www.play-asia.com/atelier-shallie-alchemists-of-the-d...

P.P.S. - Maitetsu: Pure Station's collector edition has been finalized. $65 over msrp for an artbook, wall scroll, and mouse pad (I hate these things). Hard...hard pass for me. But hey...collectors gotta collect.
https://www.play-asia.com/maitetsu-pure-station-collectors-ed...

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@Magician - I will eat that Atelier with pride if it had English on-cart. The last ones did not and made me sad.

Paraka

I have the special edition trilogy box of the last ones. I set them aside as a Christmas present to myself. Genuine heartbreak when I put the first one in the system and the icon stayed in Japanese. I assumed that anything that released on the English eshop would just work in English with a physical copy.
As it is I'd rather hunt them down on PS3 than pay $80+ for digital games.

Edit: I'm holding off on pre-ordering FF VII/VIII and FF Crystal Chronicles until they're confirmed to have English because of the above experience.

Edited on by Avatar40k

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Miadaskate

My Friend Pedro is available to Pre-Order via Amazon :

http://ow.ly/276W30pEBAe

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

I'm holding off on pre-ordering FF VII/VIII and FF Crystal Chronicles until they're confirmed to have English because of the above experience.

FFVII+FFVIII both support English according the Japanese eShop.

And although English support for FF CC is unknown (I haven't seen a Japanese eShop listing yet), every FF game on Switch has supported English thus far.

Magician

Just a cray cray day of additions.

Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix from LRG, preorders open October 29th.

P.S. - Deliver Us The Moon is open to preorder at Gamestop.
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/de...

P.P.S. - Biomutant is open to preorder at Gamestop.
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/bi...

P.P.P.S. - My Hero One's Justice 2 is open to preorder on AmazonNA.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YP66X9R

P.P.P.P.S. - Grip: Combat Racing - AirBlades vs Rollers is open to preorder on AmazonNA.
https://www.amazon.com/GRIP-AirBlades-Rollers-Ultimate-Ninten...

P.P.P.P.P.S. - Although the physical release was announced two years ago, Pillars of Eternity II has been rated for a physical release in Murica.

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic