Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,401 to 6,420 of 11,402

Magician

Solomon18 wrote:

@Magician nothing too exciting from the direct

Honestly I am beyond relieved by the lack of new physical announcements. Tokyo Mirage Sessions and that's it. Little Town Hero, digital only. The new Kirby spinoff, digital only. Overwatch, digital only, sans the code-in-a-box pseudo-physical nonsense.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

$60 for Xenoblade? That really sucks. I wanted it to be Xenoblade Chronicles X, with that and Tokyo Mirage I'd have everything I ever wanted on the Wii-U, which I skipped. Instead they're selling me a 3rd copy of the first game. For full price. And we all know I'm going to buy it...

I don't mind that Little Town Hero is digital only, the trailer did not impress me.
I'm going to keep an eye on Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection. If they got it to run better than 3 it's the only game before Origin I'm willing to buy again.

And about the Spyro stuff. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for any info about the other regions getting a better release. I waited 20ish years for the remake, I can wait longer...

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

yeayeanaynay

@Avatar40k I'm dropping into EB games to see what comes on the EU carts just to make sure. An ebay retailer said it comes with the first game on it so fingers crossed. (but not getting my hopes up)

yeayeanaynay

AEX-10H_GULDIN

Deadly Premonition: Origins is up for pre-order on Aksys Games website:
https://store.aksysgames.com/collections/preorder-now/product...

A bit expensive to my taste, but it is a fun game.

It's a shame that Little Town Hero is digital only, but I wouldn't be suprised if Limited Run Games announced a physical release, considering them releasing Giga Wrecker Alt., which was also made by Game Freak.

And I'm really excited for Slay the Spire on the cartridge, but Amazon.com taxes...
Does anybody here know a good website shipping US releases to EU tax-free and with reasonable shipping prices? My best choice for the moment is videogamesplus.ca, but they seem to sell out of stock rather quickly sometimes.

AEX-10H_GULDIN

Belexes

And about the Spyro stuff. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for any info about the other regions getting a better release. I waited 20ish years for the remake, I can wait longer...

Many of us hear researched for an all physical release - none found and does not appear likely.

Belexes

yeayeanaynay

gekido delayed again until Sept 25th

yeayeanaynay

Paraka

@Magician - I am still suspicious of Town's physical release being absent. Like Snipperclips before it I can see it drumming up some sales releasing around the emptier months.

By this point I am all on board for Nintendo to send a death knell on the Wii U. Port everything else, 3D World, Star Fox Zero, both Zeldas, Pikmin 3. Just do it, keep the momentum going.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Magician

Paraka wrote:

@Magician - I am still suspicious of Town's physical release being absent. Like Snipperclips before it I can see it drumming up some sales releasing around the emptier months.

Since Little Town Hero is a budget title I could see it being another Game Freak game that LRG will offer a physical release for, like Giga Wrecker Alt previously.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Paraka wrote:

@Magician - I thought Town was published by Nintendo?

They did. That may or may not hinder a potential LRG release. I've seen stranger things.

Magician

Trials of Mana Remake is open to preorder on AmazonNA.
https://www.amazon.com/Trials-Mana-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07XC3JQJM

The Unicorn Princess is open to preorder on AmazonNA.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XDCLJFF

Edited on by Magician

yeayeanaynay

Badland games releasing Don't feed the monkeys on Nov 5

yeayeanaynay

Belexes

Paraka wrote:

By this point I am all on board for Nintendo to send a death knell on the Wii U. Port everything else, 3D World, Star Fox Zero, both Zeldas, Pikmin 3. Just do it, keep the momentum going.

Yes please to this. Include The Wonderful 101 and DuckTales Remastered.

Belexes

yeayeanaynay

finally the final chapter for Celeste launches on the 9th. So hopefully the physical copies aren't too far away (and I can finally play Iconclast which I have bundled with that order)

yeayeanaynay

Monkeido

That Celeste release has taken a looooong time. Can't wait to finally play it. ^^

Monkeido

Miadaskate

Paraka wrote:

I agree with this as well; it will keep me from having to buy a Wii U.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Miadaskate

Snaplocket wrote:

@Miadaskate Yes, don't buy a great console that has free online and the ability to play Wii games for only about 100 bucks.

I don’t appreciate your tone.

Since you seem to care so much about my opinion on the topic, I’ll leave you with this :

1. I just recently got a Wii.
2. You can’t play the Wii games on the Wii U tablet. The Switch is a way better portable system.
3. I have Switch, PS4, and Xbox One, for online play, I’m sure the Wii U online services will be closed down eventually.
4. $20 a year for online and free games is nothing.
5. The majority of great Wii U games have been ported over to the Switch already; might as well bring the others like 3D World, Twilight Princess HD, and Wind Waker HD. Those are the only Wii U games I need. Those three. Why buy an outdated system for three games when I could wait and get them on the Switch (potentially)? If I don’t have to, that would be great. I believe the ports will continue as it has shown to be easy money for Nintendo. Complain all you want, but I bet you’re 100% rebuying those Wii U games on Switch. Why do you think I should buy an entirely different system for three games?
6. Gamestop sells refurbished Wii U’s for $130, not $100. Why spend that when I could wait and continue supporting the Switch?
7. The Switch is my first Nintendo console since the SNES, so yeah; I’m making up for lost time.
8. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Solomon18 wrote:

Badland games releasing Don't feed the monkeys on Nov 5

Oh there's more than that.

Badland is publishing half a dozen games physically in Spain this fall.
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/switch_ph...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic