Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,161 to 6,180 of 11,398

Paraka

@Magician - Apparently it was a unanimous PSA on the NSCollectors Reddit, more than one made this claim. Figured after the whole first wave went silent, I assumed it was safe to say these were right.

If this news is different, then I will find a JP import. Thanks for a better clarification.

Paraka

Miadaskate

Apparently 1st Press Games is now doing a Collector’s Edition for A Hole New World, which is annoying for anyone who already bought the standard version.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Apparently 1st Press Games is now doing a Collector’s Edition for A Hole New World, which is annoying for anyone who already bought the standard version.

Not sure why. At the bottom of the webpage for the triple pack preorder it mentions 2500 additional standard editions and 1000 collector editions would be made available at a later date. I'm fairly sure FPG mentioned it in a twitter post as well, before the triple pack preorder went live.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

Not sure why. At the bottom of the webpage for the triple pack preorder it mentions 2500 additional standard editions and 1000 collector editions would be made available at a later date. I'm fairly sure FPG mentioned it in a twitter post as well, before the triple pack preorder went live.

You wouldn’t be annoyed that you bought a standard edition, only for them to release a collector’s edition at a later date? I mean; I’m not big on collector’s editions, but that had to bother some people.

Well, it’s the first I’m hearing of it. They sent a very lengthy and detailed email yesterday. Tl; dr.

Not that I care either way; I’m not buying any of those games, but I just thought people might want to know. But apparently everyone already does...

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Anti-Matter

@Paraka
Psst...
FF X/X-2 Asia English version came with 2 games in English + Tidus and Yuna as the cover like PS4 version.

Anti-Matter

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

You wouldn’t be annoyed that you bought a standard edition, only for them to release a collector’s edition at a later date?

Me personally? No. If I had bought a standard edition for a game, and a collectors edition were made available later I would pawn off or give away the standard edition in favor of the collectors edition. But only if I really love the game. I did that with Owlboy. But if it's a mediocre game (like Castle of Hearts) I would be content with just having a standard edition.

However, in this case the collectors editions for the Switch games being released by FPG were announced in advance. In my opinion, the only folks who should be upset by this are those who failed to read the fine print. Although, to be fair, FPG should have created pages on their website reinforcing the fact that preorders for collector editions would be coming eventually.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Space Invaders: Invincible Collection is open to preorder at Play-Asia. There's also an uber-edition for $160+, which I think is cray cray. Some might even scoff at the the asking price for the standard edition, $50. But I'd argue that Space Invaders Extreme alone might be worth it.
https://www.play-asia.com/space-invaders-invincible-collectio...

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Here's a tough call. We know that the Samurai Shodown remake is headed to Switch eventually. The question is, which edition would you prefer? (Assuming the Switch version will get the same options.)

An official case and softback artbook.

or

A lesser box with a nice, hardback artbook.

Edited on by Magician

Aurumonado

@Magician I wish the activision space invaders was included

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

Magician

Aurumonado wrote:

@Magician I wish the activision space invaders was included

The listing mentions additional games as tbd. Who knows, maybe S-E is talking to Activision about it?

P.S. - Shop4megastore has created pages for Hellmut and Ultra Wings. Preorders aren't open yet but should be soon.

As an aside, I'll be looking to update the physical watchlist thread after dinner tonight.

Magician

Is It Wrong To Try To Pickup Girls From A Dungeon? Infinite Combate (multi-language) is open to preorders at Play-Asia.
https://www.play-asia.com/is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls...

There's also a limited edition that comes with a soundtrack, guide book, and bonus game for $34 over msrp.

P.S. - Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD is open to preorders at Amazon NA.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VHJQ1QQ

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

Is It Wrong To Try To Pickup Girls From A Dungeon? Infinite Combate (multi-language) is open to preorders at Play-Asia.
https://www.play-asia.com/is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls...

There's also a limited edition that comes with a soundtrack, guide book, and bonus game for $34 over msrp

And the award for Absolute Worst Title Ever goes to...

It might win for the longest title too lol

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Magician

And the next Europe-exclusive uber-edition is for...Layton's Mystery Journey.

Or it might be a placeholder? I'm not sure.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Laytons-Mystery-Journey-Millionaires...

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Solomon18 wrote:

resident evil triple pack announced. re4 on cart. #5/6 are download. no complaints here all I want is 4. pre order from here https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VHKWQ26/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&...

I despise these half digital, half physical releases from Capcom.

I have no problem waiting until this gets a steep price drop.

BruceCM

It wouldn't be too bad if it was 4 & 5 on cart, @Magician ....Just download 6 But only having smallest game on cart with downloads for other 2 is a bit much

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

BruceCM wrote:

It wouldn't be too bad if it was 4 & 5 on cart, @Magician ....Just download 6 But only having smallest game on cart with downloads for other 2 is a bit much

RE4 is game that matters most here. It's a seminal game from Shinji Mikami. While I enjoyed RE5 more than RE4, I view both RE5 and RE6 as bonus games. Meaning, I don't mind that they're only download codes.

However, the RE0 and RE1 Origins collection is a complete debacle. RE1 is the fan favorite, yet Capcom decides to put RE0 on the cartridge? Blasphemy. Decisions like that make it difficult to support Capcom sometimes.

BruceCM

But why get the triple pack if you only want 1 game...? I'll get Remake 1 1st, so if I get more, it'll be separately for XBox, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

Magician

BruceCM wrote:

But why get the triple pack if you only want 1 game...?

Sometimes...one game is all it takes. Haven't you ever bought a new console based on what you saw from one particular game? I asked my parents to buy me an NES after playing Punch-Out over a friend's place. I bought a PS1 after seeing a magazine advertising for Twisted Metal. I bought a Dreamcast after seeing footage of Soulcalibur.

RE4 is the game that redefined the third person shooter by bringing the camera to an over-the-shoulder perspective. It makes the triple pack worth owning, regardless of RE5 and RE6 being download only.

BruceCM

Well, if it's worth it for you, that's great.... Maybe once I've played it, I'll agree it's that good?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic