Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 5,761 to 5,780 of 6,080

Paraka

@Miadaskate - I am indeed. Still shopping around for the proper printing to get it as sharp and close as I can to authentic.

That being said; I received OMJ the same day you did, noticed the same issues. If anyone speaks French would like to translate it so I can be as close to genuine as I can, I will more than likely prioritize this over Beat 'Em Up Bundle which I am currently working on.

Already e-mailed the developer for art assets to reconstruct the cover.

Paraka

Magician

Bah, it turns out that the LE for Daedalus: The Awakening of Golden Jazz will be similar to the DE for Tales of Vesperia, a PS4 steelbook for a Switch release. It's one of those "once purchased it cannot be cancelled or returned" affairs. So...$30 for a box, an audio cd, and an artbook. Oh well, I've spent more for less before.

Still, it's less than what Nin-nin and Play-Asia charge for these limited editions once they're past open preorders. Their prices are often double the msrp at that point.

Switch Physical Collection - 351 games (as of June 25th, 2019)
Currently playing: Okami HD (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

GrailUK

@Magician Where have you ordered it from?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GrailUK

@Magician Thanks man. It looks like a really interesting game (with a really good soundtrack!)

SKTTR

GrailUK wrote:

@SKTTR Hmm. I don't regard Game and Watch as qte. I see it as traditional gameplay with literally one frame of animation lol. QTE for me is being rigidly told to press something directly in a certain amount of time. Yuck.

With saying 'QTEy' (not 'QTE') I just meant the simplicity, the limitations and similarities that are both present in Game&Watch and Laserdisc games: Basic controls (four directions and one or two buttons) due to strict animation rules.

Never meant to sound like I'm dumping G&W and QTE into the same genre folder. When looking at the gameplay and visuals, they're obviously very different from each other. Like you said, but in my own words, QTE is the term for games where the player has to react to input prompts and enter them in a short time to not have a different (often bad) outcome. I'm just saying that something like Dragon's Lair would have been possible on G&W hardware (just with much less FMV).

backloggery.com/SKTTR

GrailUK

@SKTTR Ahh I'm with ya and see where you are coming from I must admit, I regard rhythm games like Dance Dance to be qte and just goes to show there is a place for all kinds of gameplay. Reacting to a certain direction plays much better to a beat than exploring a castle, Japanese city or web slinging,

tobibra

Personaly I look forward to Dragon's lair.

Edited on by tobibra

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Magician

tobibra wrote:

Personaly I look forward to Dragon's lair.

Don't mistake my pessimism as me being uninterested. Dragon's Lair is a watershed moment in gaming...from the 80's. Nothing was as impressive in terms of interactive art. But even today's casual gaming crowd wants more than one input, inputted at the correct time, or experience immediate failure. Although I suppose Call of Duty's spray'n'pray pew-pew fest isn't much better by comparison.

Currently playing: Okami HD (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Magician

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution is open to preorder on Amazon NA.
https://www.amazon.com/Yu-Gi-Oh-Legacy-Duelist-Evolution-Nint...

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

Paraka wrote:

@Miadaskate - I am indeed. Still shopping around for the proper printing to get it as sharp and close as I can to authentic.

That being said; I received OMJ the same day you did, noticed the same issues. If anyone speaks French would like to translate it so I can be as close to genuine as I can, I will more than likely prioritize this over Beat 'Em Up Bundle which I am currently working on.

Already e-mailed the developer for art assets to reconstruct the cover.

I knew it was you! Much appreciated my friend; please keep me posted on this!

Currently Playing :

PS4 : The Division 2
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Miadaskate

You know; it’s funny. I’m not the least bit interested in Dragon’s Lair these days, but I’d play Until Dawn, Man of Medan, any of David Cage’s Quantic Dream games, heck, even those TellTale games any day. Essentially the same game style in terms of just selecting dialogue or actions, but with more character control. Guess that makes me a hypocrite LOL

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Strictly Limited’s next game is 99Vidas Definitive Edition.

Currently Playing :

Anti-Matter

Miadaskate wrote:

Really?!

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Miadaskate

Anti-Matter wrote:

Miadaskate wrote:

Really?!

Wouldn’t post it if it wasn’t true.

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

leerafuse wrote:

https://twitter.com/limitedraregame

Wait a minute... is this a real thing??

Apparently it was an April Fool’s joke that became real.

Currently Playing :

leerafuse

Miadaskate wrote:

leerafuse wrote:

https://twitter.com/limitedraregame

Wait a minute... is this a real thing??

Apparently it was an April Fool’s joke that became real.

That is what I was reading/finding as well. Was hoping I was wrong.

327 Switch games... and counting...
N64 games.. completed!!
130 NES games... and counting...

Magician

Killer Queen Black is open to preorder at Amazon NA...again, after being delisted about a year ago.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S5BRQX4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic