Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 11,404

jjbutes

eightbit wrote:

jjbutes wrote:

So shop4megastore got back to me on the Little Nightmares that I received which was completely destroyed. They said sorry for the inconvience we’ll offer 25% for a refund.

Is that really the best they can do? I understand things happen in the mail but with the way they packaged it I’m not surprised it got demolished.

That's crazy. I kind of thought their "lil packs" or whatever they are called that they use to mail games work quite well. I have ordered no less than a dozen games from them and they all arrived in mint condition, including Little Nightmares. It looks like some Post Office dufus put something heavy on the package...like a microwave or something.

Although I have been lucky, it could happen to anyone. I really don't like their response of 25% off however. What is that, $10 or less? What they should have done was give you store credit for the entire purchase, or send you another copy.

I agree I think they’re being a little stingy on the 25%. But it’s encouraging to hear that you’ve had no problems receiving your games from them so I’ll continue buying from them.

jjbutes

Belexes

Odd that Dead Cells is not out there yet for Best Buy online...I keep looking, nothing. 8/21 release.

Excited to see Thimbleweed Park finally ship.

Edited on by Belexes

Belexes

hirokun

Kingdom Newlands get.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

SpaceAce13

Another slow LRG CE sell out, and this game had the lowest print run of all of them to date at only 2,000.

SpaceAce13

MrCIB

Too many for games that don’t deserve it. They are trying to adjust their business model to CE are what’s limited but it won’t work. Increased comp with better CE pack ins and free shipping going to put pressure on them. Every switch title they’ve released qty sold has been less than the previous or below expectations.

FYI.... while I’m keeping my switch collection going for now I’ve abandon my LRG complete collection as of this week. I was buying 2 covers and CE’s for each game and I had to finally look in the mirror and say .....enough this is nothing but a company preying on collectors. So I’ve dropped to one copy and will offload the doubles at some point of the vita and PS4. I assume at some point I will do so with the switch

Edited on by MrCIB

MrCIB

MasterBlaster

@SpaceAce13

Did it take around 10 or 15 minutes?

The game never looked appealing to me but I could be wrong. I watched footage and all I see is a guy riding a horse grabbing coins. Anyone play it or have impressions? (Kingdom New Lands)

MasterBlaster

MrCIB

MasterBlaster wrote:

@SpaceAce13

Did it take around 10 or 15 minutes?

The game never looked appealing to me but I could be wrong. I watched footage and all I see is a guy riding a horse grabbing coins. Anyone play it or have impressions? (Kingdom New Lands)

Closer to 45-50 but I don’t judge them on morning sellout..... true results are evening.

Edited on by MrCIB

MrCIB

Katelyn1223

MrCIB wrote:

Too many for games that don’t deserve it. They are trying to adjust their business model to CE are what’s limited but it won’t work. Increased comp with better CE pack ins and free shipping going to put pressure on them. Every switch title they’ve released qty sold has been less than the previous or below expectations.

FYI.... while I’m keeping my switch collection going for now I’ve abandon my LRG complete collection as of this week. I was buying 2 covers and CE’s for each game and I had to finally look in the mirror and say .....enough this is nothing but a company preying on collectors. So I’ve dropped to one copy and will offload the doubles at some point of the vita and PS4. I assume at some point I will do so with the switch

I did the same, I've given up on CE's and am just going to a standard only collection. I don't really care about reversible covers, I just care if the outer edge says something different kind of like the Fate/Extella Limited Box and whatnot

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

SpaceAce13

Katelyn1223 wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

I did the same, I've given up on CE's and am just going to a standard only collection. I don't really care about reversible covers, I just care if the outer edge says something different kind of like the Fate/Extella Limited Box and whatnot

I’ve stuck with the CEs for now... but do see that stopping at some point

SpaceAce13

hirokun

Yeah the LRG model is lacking. I like the CEs I do. They can keep up the pace they bring them to market. But yes I agree the number of them that have CEs is too many. Slime San is the first one that I felt %100 didn't need a CE even though the game is a game full of character and good gameplay. Reversible covers even I'm okay with just because I am a sucker for the inside art. I was super impressed with it when breath of the wild had that art on the inside. I don't think having them sealed with one or the other art showing is very good though, we all know thats a NIB collector cash grab.

Still, seems things are heating up. Play Asia getting their second one already and their price and free shipping is super competitive, though their genres have both been the scrolling shooter type.

As I have to start picking and choosing I will be going for NIS games at least. Everyone else comes second. If Atlas gets their act together and starts putting out switch games like the 3DS and DS days with the launch editions I'd probably go for that too. But it seems Nicalis are the ones doing that.

Anyhow yeah at 2k CEs that is really slimming down and telling that they know they are tapping us all out. I think a better model would be 1 smaller release with no CE and a bigger one with a CE a month since they seem to want to go 2 a month. But we all know night trap will probably be a nightmare.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

SpaceAce13

hirokun wrote:

Anyhow yeah at 2k CEs that is really slimming down and telling that they know they are tapping us all out. I think a better model would be 1 smaller release with no CE and a bigger one with a CE a month since they seem to want to go 2 a month. But we all know night trap will probably be a nightmare.

I agree 100% that release model would be perfect and I would love to see them do it (they won’t). And I’m really worried I’m going to miss out on the night trap CE after going 7/7 so far. I really don’t want to pay scalper prices on that one.

SpaceAce13

Paraka

I am relieved I only went standard with LRG and SRG prints from the get go. Made a second purchase each time cause I plan on vaulting the unopened ones together by the Switch is dead and make a charity auction.

Paraka

Miadaskate

Everyone’s talking about Kingdom : New Lands and I just finally jumped on Slime-San lol.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate wrote:

Everyone’s talking about Kingdom : New Lands and I just finally jumped on Slime-San lol.

I’m actually far more excited about kingdom new lands than slime-San. Kingdom actually looks awesome

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate

SpaceAce13 wrote:

I’m actually far more excited about kingdom new lands than slime-San. Kingdom actually looks awesome

Meh.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

The_Legend77

I went with Standard. Aside from the bills, I just said forget it. Nothing stood out that said "get this" as a CE. $60 for what? I'm at the point I'll probably do Standard until I can lower or pay off my bill. These bi-weekly CEs are annoying. Some of us are fed up with it. We can't keep up and they're getting to be not as collectable in my eyes honestly. Plus the fact I don't plan on selling so what am I trying to do, impress everyone? Nope.

The_Legend77

leerafuse

I have been collecting only standard since the Switch came out. I have 114, plus 18 on preorder. I don't know how anyone has the money to collect all CE's. But I am not one for collectables either. I just want the game. And even that is becoming a expensive task! But damn it is fun haha

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

SpaceAce13

leerafuse wrote:

I have been collecting only standard since the Switch came out. I have 114, plus 18 on preorder. I don't know how anyone has the money to collect all CE's. But I am not one for collectables either. I just want the game. And even that is becoming a expensive task! But damn it is fun haha

I really like collectors editions... I don’t know why because it really is just useless stuff and a standard game usually... but I like it. I get a lot of CEs and just fewer games. While you have 114, I have 41, but a bunch of those are collectors editions

SpaceAce13

leerafuse

SpaceAce13 wrote:

leerafuse wrote:

I really like collectors editions... I don’t know why because it really is just useless stuff and a standard game usually... but I like it. I get a lot of CEs and just fewer games. While you have 114, I have 41, but a bunch of those are collectors editions

Nice! I was a 64 collector, basically before CE's, haven't played Nintendo since 64, life got in the way, now I am back in with Switch. I dunno maybe I am too old and basic for CE's haha I just want a pretty red spine game collection.

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

TalonMan

...yeah - the CE market has officially DIED at LRG. The second batch of Kingdom New Lands CE is still available (133 of them left!!), FOUR HOURS LATER!!! Wow - that's incredible.

I'm still going to buy the CEs, if I can. But I've quit buying doubles after Slime-san. I was lucky enough to offload my duplicate of PixelJunk - I just hope I can eventually do the same with my Slime-san bundle (I got the "extra bundle" because the plushies had sold out, and am hoping that allows me to offload my duplicate it a little easier).

Maybe LRG will get the message now, and change their business model. Thimbleweed has been BY FAR, their best release. It had excellent build-up (as it was their first Switch release) and it also happens to be a great game. I think their next "big" release will be Night Trap, if for no other reason that the novelty of having that particular game on a Nintendo platform - but also because "retro" is a big deal these days. Outside of Night Trap though, they REALLY need to pull back on this two-per-month and every-game-has-a-CE stuff. It really is way too much, and there are only so many gaming $$ to go around!!!

TalonMan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic