Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 11,415

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

hirokun wrote:

ugh. Well in my panic I didn't check vgp.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/owl-boy-limited-edition-switch-...

$7 for lowest shipping. $90 canadian. So like $75 USD shipped? That sounds too good to be true.

Meh, I guess I'm getting an extra now.

Can’t loose either way. 74.88 is an excellent price. You can sell the other in sure with no problem

Yeah - that's an excellent point! You will ultimately be WAY ahead by having the two copies. I'm sure you could eBay the extra copy for close to twice what you paid (at the minimum, I don't see it selling for less than $100), once it's officially gone on sale (and disappears).

This weird, "spotty" pre-release that they're doing (a retailer here, a retailer there) means this particular game is going to be RIPE for pissing off PLENTY of collectors, as the game will come and go, and they won't even have known it was available for pre-order... ...only those with psychic powers (like MrCIB) who consistently find these one-off pre-order events (and those associated with said psychics, by participating in threads like this) will even have a prayer of getting a copy! LOL!!!

Hell - if I didn't have my money tied up in those UK Island Flight Simulators I purchased and am still waiting to receive (and in reserve in anticipation for this ANNOYING limitedrungames "surprise"), I would ABSOLUTELY purchase a second copy RIGHT NOW!!!

TalonMan

MrCIB

@TalonMan you are 100% with the spotty pre-orders......... going to be interesting to see how this shakes out with 6000 across all regions. Actual makes it more limited than good ole Bayonetta Non-Stop Climax.

As far as the LRG surprise........... strange move by them. No price listed so how can people plan. For the open pre-order that's fine but you have a CE that could be 64.99 - 99.99 and no time to review contents to see if its a good value for you because the the speed you have to pre-order. The two CE switch releases has not seen the flurry of less than one minute sellouts yet as they experienced with some of their previous PS4 games. Welp we keep on rolling...... The English Island Flight will go quick no doubt there, sold move.

MrCIB

MrCIB

@McGruber Hope all is well. Seems like your tread is more of a hit than anticipated

Brawlout is not a UK exclusive anymore. You can pre-order at Best Buy now.

MrCIB

Magician

MrCIB wrote:

@TalonMan you are 100% with the spotty pre-orders......... going to be interesting to see how this shakes out with 6000 across all regions. Actual makes it more limited than good ole Bayonetta Non-Stop Climax.

It depends on your point of view I suppose. Even though the print number for the collectors box (and various extras) for Owlboy is lower than the Non-stop Climax edition for Bayonetta, the actual number of physical copies for the game itself is vastly disproportionate. Since actual physical copies of Bayonetta are tied strictly to the Non-stop Climax edition, I'd argue it will hold a higher value than the Owlboy limited edition since Owlboy is also receiving a mass-produced standard version.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MrCIB

Magician wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

It depends on your point of view I suppose. Even though the print number for the collectors box (and various extras) for Owlboy is lower than the Non-stop Climax edition for Bayonetta, the actual number of physical copies for the game itself is vastly disproportionate. Since actual physical copies of Bayonetta are tied strictly to the Non-stop Climax edition, I'd argue it will hold a higher value than the Owlboy limited edition since Owlboy is also receiving a mass-produced standard version.

Bayonetta will 100% higher in value, it wasn't to say Owlboy was going to be higher in value just the CE print run is less BUT the theory won't be right with the LRG releases as they will be less print run for CE and standard prints than Bayo and won't pass it in price because of the demand. It's cool to follow thou and will be an interesting ride

MrCIB

Magician

MrCIB wrote:

As far as the LRG surprise........... strange move by them. No price listed so how can people plan. For the open pre-order that's fine but you have a CE that could be 64.99 - 99.99 and no time to review contents to see if its a good value for you because the the speed you have to pre-order.

Personally, I've been sticking to just the standard versions of the Switch games LRG has been releasing because the collectors editions they've been offering haven't been worth the asking price (imo). But when your window to view an item is less than a couple or few minutes...each of us will have to make a tough call.

Tomorrow morning is going to be very exciting.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

As far as the LRG surprise........... strange move by them. No price listed so how can people plan. For the open pre-order that's fine but you have a CE that could be 64.99 - 99.99 and no time to review contents to see if its a good value for you because the the speed you have to pre-order. The two CE switch releases has not seen the flurry of less than one minute sellouts yet as they experienced with some of their previous PS4 games. Welp we keep on rolling...... The English Island Flight will go quick no doubt there, sold move.

I'm hoping this is closer to the $64.99 range, rather than the $99.99 one - considering that the single CE (Thimbleweed) went for $64.99, and the dual-pack (second release was $89.99), I've got my fingers crossed that since this is a single release it will be on the lower end...

...one can hope, at least - because this is the root problem I have with LRG right now. It's bad enough they're punching all of these games out faster than they had said they would, but to "surprise" us with a CE that apparently has a lower print run than both Thimbleweed and the Tribute boxset while providing ZERO pricing information, is just more than a little unfair.

TalonMan

MrCIB

Magician wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

As far as the LRG surprise........... strange move by them. No price listed so how can people plan. For the open pre-order that's fine but you have a CE that could be 64.99 - 99.99 and no time to review contents to see if its a good value for you because the the speed you have to pre-order.

Personally, I've been sticking to just the standard versions of the Switch games LRG has been releasing because the collectors editions they've been offering haven't been worth the asking price (imo). But when your window to view an item is less than a couple or few minutes...each of us will have to make a tough call.

Tomorrow morning is going to be very exciting.

Smart move.... LRG hasn’t figured out the CE game and I doubt they ever will. Not because of desire or knowledge .... but because they will never have the buying power to get the included items cheaper. A cool box isn’t enough these days. All publishers realize CEs are a cash cow and can cram things in there to make even a bigger profit. A run size of 2500 can’t get there

MrCIB

MrCIB

TalonMan wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

I'm hoping this is closer to the $64.99 range, rather than the $99.99 one - considering that the single CE (Thimbleweed) went for $64.99, and the dual-pack (second release was $89.99), I've got my fingers crossed that since this is a single release it will be on the lower end...

...one can hope, at least - because this is the root problem I have with LRG right now. It's bad enough they're punching all of these games out faster than they had said they would, but to "surprise" us with a CE that apparently has a lower print run than both Thimbleweed and the Tribute boxset while providing ZERO pricing information, is just more than a little unfair.

I can live with the release schedule because we are getting hit from all directions collecting for the switch. We have to make informed buying decisions .... maybe wait for a game to go on sale or buy 2 tonhelp pay for the one you keep.... but if I know a month or two in advance I can make it work. 7-10 days or the unknown is a problem. They may think it’s cool to create mass hysteria to force us to all buy they game because we are scared to pay “eBay” prices later but that’s not cool.

MrCIB

MrCIB

@TalonMan Switch Surprise is 39.99 standard and 69.99 collector's edition

MrCIB

Kejomo

So LRG is also having a surprise PS4 game. Assuming it’s the same game as the Switch, it should narrow down the choices of games it could be. Any guesses?

Kejomo

Magician

RueDaydreamer wrote:

Well I can’t say that I was expecting this, but Capcom is porting Monster Hunter XX to the West as Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on August 28th.

Better late than never.

No confirmation on if this is a digital-only release or if a physical version will be made available.

Edited on by Magician

revolutionika

Will Yonder have a NON signature edition? Like a regular retail version??

revolutionika

Paraka

@RueDaydreamer - How this surprises anyone anymore I may never know. This has been a practice from Capcom on Nintendo localization since the controversy of Tri releasing on Wii.

Always came about localization literally just months away. People crying foul and demanding transparency have to paid enough attention to the pattern the last 6 years.

Paraka

SpaceAce13

Kejomo wrote:

So LRG is also having a surprise PS4 game. Assuming it’s the same game as the Switch, it should narrow down the choices of games it could be. Any guesses?

Not only that, but it said the game won’t be released until the remainder of the DLC has been released so the cart can be the true definitive edition

SpaceAce13

The_Legend77

Hi everyone! Ive been following this topic for a while and decided to register! Currently at 83 physical Switch games thanks to this thread.

I read that someone stated PJM is in the URL for the Limited Run game for Switch. Maybe it's cause I'm using my phone that I don't see it. However, they speculate Pixel Junk Monsters 2. Anyone else see this PJM or agree?

Haven't played PJM2 but did enjoy the PSP version. Not sure if PJM2 has DLC?

The_Legend77

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic