Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 11,412

Sawyoudown

@Paraka yeah that makes sense. Ive decided im going for the standard NA collection plus all LRG Specials. Super rare is still up in the air for me....

Sawyoudown

rumandgore

I always open mine, but I’m a relatively new collector. The only time I hesitated was with Bayonetta Non Stop Climax, but I ultimately caved.

I don’t get an enjoyment out of having sealed boxes laying around.

rumandgore

TalonMan

Sawyoudown wrote:

Do you guys open your collectors edition and limited release games or keep them sealed? I don’t really plan on selling any of mine so figured I might aswell open them to enjoy them

Geez - that's a REALLY tough question!!! Once you open them (playing them or not), the value is instantly lost - not entirely, but a significant reduction occurs... ...that said, I'm a gamer first and a collector second, so yeah I want to play these games!!

I honestly haven't been presented with the problem, yet. I am SO backlogged on games to play, that I haven't even gotten around to having to make that decision yet. The only CE I've opened to date, was the Retro City Rampage one, and it was only because I wanted to put all the "extras" that it shipped with (boxart, 3d glasses, etc.) inside the box so they wouldn't get lost.

I think the first real test of my restraint, will be when Harvest Moon comes out. I absolutely NEED my Harvest Moon fix, so there is absolutely NO WAY that game will just sit on my shelf... ...unless I go out and double-dip, and purchase a second copy (either standard or eShop) - which is always VERY possible.

TalonMan

Magician

TalonMan wrote:

Geez - that's a REALLY tough question!!! Once you open them (playing them or not), the value is instantly lost - not entirely, but a significant reduction occurs... ...that said, I'm a gamer first and a collector second, so yeah I want to play these games!!

I honestly haven't been presented with the problem, yet. I am SO backlogged on games to play, that I haven't even gotten around to having to make that decision yet. The only CE I've opened to date, was the Retro City Rampage one, and it was only because I wanted to put all the "extras" that it shipped with (boxart, 3d glasses, etc.) inside the box so they wouldn't get lost.

I think the first real test of my restraint, will be when Harvest Moon comes out. I absolutely NEED my Harvest Moon fix, so there is absolutely NO WAY that game will just sit on my shelf... ...unless I go out and double-dip, and purchase a second copy (either standard or eShop) - which is always VERY possible.

So much love for Harvest Moon.

My question is, did you go with the NIS America limited edition (soundtrack, pin set, and plushie) or the Rising Star collectors edition (pin set, tote bag, and ceramic mug)?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TalonMan

Magician wrote:

TalonMan wrote:

So much love for Harvest Moon.

My question is, did you go with the NIS America limited edition (soundtrack, pin set, and plushie) or the Rising Star collectors edition (pin set, tote bag, and ceramic mug)?

I didn't even know about the Rising Star one - I've been ordering all of my NISA games, directly from them. Is the Rising Star one still available? I might have to check that out - is there a link?

TalonMan

hirokun

Depends for me. I didn't open my Zelda BOTW. But normally if I play it, I open it. I can't be buying 2 of everything.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

GrailUK

I play mine and I look after them. Sorry for being normal lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

twelvestar

Looks like the below got pushed from May to June (according to my Amazon orders):
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles - June 12th
Steamworld Dig 2 - June 19th (previously mentioned by @Belexes)
Tennis World Tour - June 26th
Brawlout - June 26th

No word yet from Bandai Namco on whether Little Nightmares will see an NA physical release in the future, but I did get the Gamestop call today saying my order was cancelled and the game had been moved to digital-only release.

twelvestar

SpaceAce13

As soon as anyone sees where to pre-order this blazblue collectors edition, please let me know!

SpaceAce13

twelvestar

SpaceAce13 wrote:

As soon as anyone sees where to pre-order this blazblue collectors edition, please let me know!

Keeping an eye out. No idea where we're supposed to order this from. My bet is the pre-order gets pushed out because their "under development" website isn't ready.

Edit: Looks like they are out of the office April 28 - May 7 for their "Golden Week" ..?
Use Chrome to translate: http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/portal/post-9548/

Edited on by twelvestar

twelvestar

hirokun

I emailed Bandia Namco about the Physical release of Little Nightmares in Japan having an English option. The email I was given told me to go to the Japanese website, and find their support email and email them....dufuq did I not just make it clear I might not speak Japanese? Oh well, I'm used to crap customer support from dumb companies. For you lads, I will likely get it anyhow and report my findings if it is still cheaper than importing the UK version. I cannot tell you how much I hate the ugliness of PEGI's massive blocky rating system. CERO is very nice and small and unsuspecting.

Anyhow, that is all I have to report.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

SVTornado

@hirokun Pegi ratings aren't that big, the absolute worst is USK ratings.

SVTornado

SpaceAce13

twelvestar wrote:

SpaceAce13 wrote:

Keeping an eye out. No idea where we're supposed to order this from. My bet is the pre-order gets pushed out because their "under development" website isn't ready.

Edit: Looks like they are out of the office April 28 - May 7 for their "Golden Week" ..?

This is ridiculous

SpaceAce13

twelvestar

SpaceAce13 wrote:

twelvestar wrote:

SpaceAce13 wrote:

This is ridiculous

I think I'm going to mark my calendar for June 5th and just order from Rooster Teeth.

Side Note: SRG shipped my copy of Flame in the Flood this morning, so... there's that lol.

twelvestar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic