Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 11,402

JoakimZ

Magician wrote:

Game Informer reports that the Banner Saga series is getting a physical edition across all platforms on July 24th, the collection is called The Banner Saga: Bonus Edition. The bonus edition includes: Banner Saga 1, Banner Saga 2, Banner Saga 3, an art book, and soundtrack for $39.99. It's unclear if one or all of the games will be on one game cartridge or if a partial download will be mandatory.

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/blogs/generic/post.aspx?We...

The physical Bonus Edition is Xbox One and PS4 only.

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

Magician

JoakimZ wrote:

Magician wrote:

Game Informer reports that the Banner Saga series is getting a physical edition across all platforms on July 24th, the collection is called The Banner Saga: Bonus Edition. The bonus edition includes: Banner Saga 1, Banner Saga 2, Banner Saga 3, an art book, and soundtrack for $39.99. It's unclear if one or all of the games will be on one game cartridge or if a partial download will be mandatory.

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/blogs/generic/post.aspx?We...

The physical Bonus Edition is Xbox One and PS4 only.

Ah crud, you're right.

I assumed the best when I read all of the platforms mentioned in that first sentence.

Well, here's hoping Stoic Games decides to expand the Bonus Edition to Switch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MrCIB

mrhaboobi wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

FYI..... not endorsing (I did back).... cost $37 US and ends in a couple days. Passing along

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1522665641/netherworld-d...

I missed this by like a day, i noticed that backers can buy as many copies as they want. Anychance you can help me obtain this one.

As far as I remember a backer could buy as many as they want during the campaign. I have not got a backer survey yet from them however, if the option presents itself I will. I believe they are going to have to sell more copies of the physical cart to make this happen. Nintendo min run is 5,000 and they are no where near that so who knows. I will keep you posted

MrCIB

MrCIB

@SVTornado same reply as above......... I will keep you posted if it opens up.

MrCIB

rumandgore

MrCIB wrote:

@SVTornado same reply as above......... I will keep you posted if it opens up.

Any chance I could be on your list as well? I’d be happy to send you the cash and would really appreciate it.

I’ve message them to see if I can get a copy straight from them, but we’ll see how that goes.

In other news, Super Rare Games is prepping to reveal their 3rd game. @GPerkocets is looking for 1,000 followers for the reveal.

rumandgore

Paraka

Magician wrote:

Ah crud, you're right.

I assumed the best when I read all of the platforms mentioned in that first sentence.

Well, here's hoping Stoic Games decides to expand the Bonus Edition to Switch.

Wouldn't worry too much, Switch gamers seems to demand a lot of physical editions, if BS3 gets one on the other two, I can guarantee the gilted Switch users (like me) will express their discontent.

Paraka

Enigminator

TalonMan wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

I am missing a few standard editions such as AOT2...

Wow - I just noticed this tidbit!!! Was there actually a non-standard version of this game?!?!?!? If so - WHERE?!?!?!?!?

I don't have ANYTHING on my spreadsheet about there being a special version of this particular game! GIMME! GIMME! GIMME!!! What do you know, that I don't????????

Slow down there, Champ. That wallet of yours needs a break. lol

Enigminator

rumandgore

Here’s the response from Hungry Pixel regarding getting the Netherworld cart after having missed the Kickstarter:

Sadly, for now we cannot guarantee you’ll be able to pre-order NetherWorld physical edition in near future. However, as soon as we know it for sure, we’ll inform you

For further announcements, we recommend you to subscribe to our mailing list! >> eepurl.com/cRqjhv

Thanks so much for your interest and support!

NetherWorld team

rumandgore

Magician

TalonMan wrote:

MrCIB wrote:

I am missing a few standard editions such as AOT2...

Wow - I just noticed this tidbit!!! Was there actually a non-standard version of this game?!?!?!? If so - WHERE?!?!?!?!?

I don't have ANYTHING on my spreadsheet about there being a special version of this particular game! GIMME! GIMME! GIMME!!! What do you know, that I don't????????

Don't forget the Japan-exclusive Treasure Box edition. It comes with a pin set, an art book and a soundtrack I believe? Unfortunately, I believe the Japanese version of AOT2 doesn't support English subs or dubs. The other games with Treasure Box editions are Fire Emblem Warriors (that has an awesome crystal display with a rotating color LED display holder) and Nobunaga's Ambition: Taishi.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

RueDaydreamer wrote:

I have my doubts about this game’s release date (as many of you might also,) but GameStop finally has Battle Chasers Nightwar available for preorder with a release date of May 15th.

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/battle-chasers...

No doubts.

The game passed Nintendo certification a couple or few weeks ago.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/04/battle_chasers_night...

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Hunting Simulator and Hotel Transylvania 3: Monsters Overboard are now available for preorder on Amazon North America.

Edited on by Magician

mrhaboobi

rumandgore wrote:

Musynx will see a physical release on June 19th.

I see a limited edition there aswell. Assuming this is a store release and not an online only from somewhere?

mrhaboobi

rumandgore

There are PS Vita and PS4 versions being released by Limited Run Games, but Switch is any retailer. They’ve said that the first 5,000 copies will have limited artwork, but it’s unclear (to me) if it’s for the LRG only or all versions.

rumandgore

Magician

Preorders for Flinthook and Mercenary Kings via Limited Run Games open Monday, April 23rd.

Edited on by Magician

HiFX

It was my understanding that GalGun 2 was set to be released on April 24th. To my surprise yesterday, I see that VGP (https://www.videogamesplus.ca/index.php) had taken it out of "Pre Order" status, and is now officially shipping it for sale, slightly earlier than predicted.

I searched on Amazon (Canada) and found a listing for it. Bought it yesterday, and it arrived tonight, through Prime shipping. Curious to check this game out.

Link for anyone interested: https://www.amazon.ca/GalGun-Bonus-Badges-Nintendo-Switch/dp/...

Untitled

Edited on by HiFX

HiFX

SpaceAce13

Magician wrote:

Preoders for Flinthook and Mercenary Kings via Limited Run Games open Monday, April 23rd.

I neeeed that big box!

SpaceAce13

Magician

HiFX wrote:

It was my understanding that GalGun 2 was set to be released on April 24th. To my surprise yesterday, I see that VGP (https://www.videogamesplus.ca/index.php) had taken it out of "Pre Order" status, and is now officially shipping it for sale, slightly earlier than predicted.

I searched on Amazon (Canada) and found a listing for it. Bought it yesterday, and it arrived tonight, through Prime shipping. Curious to check this game out.

Link for anyone interested: https://www.amazon.ca/GalGun-Bonus-Badges-Nintendo-Switch/dp/...

Untitled

I thought about ordering the Rice Digital-exclusive limited editions of Gal Gun 2 and Song of Memories, but then I realized that those are games I wouldn't even play. I like visual novels and rail shooters, but the subject matter in those games? Definitely not my jam.

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic