Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,721 to 10,740 of 11,397

Magician

Its been a quiet morning so far, I haven't seen any new physical releases announced yet.

Just posting to say I'm miffed that Kung Fury is a numbered release.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Kinda weird that Tunic isn’t getting an Xbox release considering it was on there first. How does Tunic run on Switch? I’d imagine it’s not very demanding, but….

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

If you're a collector in Murica and you're interested in the upcoming physical releases of Tales of the Neon Sea and/or UnMetal at the end of the month. I would recommend ordering from either vgnysoft based in New York and/or vgplus based in Canada.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Speaking of vgplus.

Looks as though they've locked up a few physical releases (exclusively?) from PM Studios.

Bunkerneath

Vernal Edge from Red Art Games:

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Magician

Tintin Reporters - Cigars of the Pharoh. Published by Microids, developed by Pendulo Studios in Spain. Their previous games were Yesterday Origins, Blacksad, and Alfred Hitchock - Vertigo. I do not appreciate those games, so this physical release will an easy skip for me.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/tintin-reporter-cigars-of-the-ph...

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Zuljaras
LRG launching an EU branch is fantastic, as of late the shipping charges on LRG US orders has been getting pretty extreme.
My worry though is that it could be a situation like Fangamer EU where the stock is much more limited. LRG more than likely would not be allowed to sell ESRB rated stock from an EU storefront, so this might be the debut LRG PEGI releases?

RupeeClock

Zuljaras

@RupeeClock I think it might be just a warehouse that is located in the EU.

"We’re partnering with GOE (Game Outlet Europe) out of Karlstad, Sweden, which will handle our warehouse and fulfillment operations."

As long as there are no limited copies of anything I will be ok!

I am also waiting for the Castlevania Advance Collection ... why is it taking so long

One more thing! There is email from them for a 5$ coupon code that expires on 4.30.23.

I hope they have a game that I want to order until then!

RupeeClock

@Zuljaras
Cheers for the heads-up about the voucher, I may've missed that otherwise.
I'll probably place some order with LRG this month, due to closing pre-orders and all that.
And yeah, they need to get Castlevania Advance Collection going, there can't be that many more Konami Switch titles for them to publish physically now?

RupeeClock

Bunkerneath

@Zuljaras Hopefully this is good news, but shipping from Sweden is still going to be a bit expensive.
Also the "Standardization" of Collectors editions, is it just me but do the new "Clamshell" boxes just look like old VHS boxes??:
Untitled

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Magician

Need more bullet-hell in your life?

Touhou Shinsekai is coming from Marvelous later this year.

Physical release in Japan confirmed, probably with no English support though.

Magician

@Bunkerneath The Touhou property is a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to physical releases. NISA published the first Wanderer and Kobuto V in the west. I believe Spell Bubble physically has been exclusive to Taiwan. And Sky Arena Matsuri was Japan only.

RupeeClock

@Magician
It's quite interesting that Touhou has quite the selection of spin-off games on Switch now.
Two Metroidvania titles, one being evocative of Symphony of the Night, a Puzzle Bobble rhythm spin-off (by Taito themselves), and now this 3D action RPG with bullet hell and platforming elements.
And yet, I don't think an actual Touhou bullet hell shooter has made its way to Switch or other consoles?

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock I had managed to burn Koumajou Remilia Scarlet Symphony from my memory because that game, flat out, is just not good. The best part of that game is the box art. I played better action/platformers back on the Atari 2600.

RupeeClock

@Magician
Really? That's a shame, it looked promising. I got the physical copy and it's in my backlog.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock Yeah. I can't remember that previous platformer that asked me for pixel-perfect platforming over instant-death pits with enemies spawning on the edge of the screen to impede said jumps inside the first few minutes of playing the game. I don't have time for such nonsense.

Magician

Winter's Wish is up on AmazonNA. I don't mind otome visual novels. I'm a mark for love stories. But they're low on my to-buy list. Maybe after a deep discount (like 75% off), but not until then.

Never mind the fact that Otomate via Aksys Games churn out half a dozen of these a year it seems.

I'm probably most interested in Jack Jeanne, if just for the Sui Ishida art.
Untitled

Edit: P.S. - New listings spotting for Ninja Kidz and Vernal Edge on Gamefly.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/ninja-kidz-through-time/5039657

https://www.gamefly.com/game/vernal-edge/5039651

Never can tell which of the games Red Art Games are publishing will get an ESRB release and which won't.

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic