Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,581 to 10,600 of 11,365

Paraka

@ElRoberico - I've seen similar videos as theirs, actually. The odd thing is, you can quite apply that logic to games that also struggled.

It's why I asked, straight from the mouths tend to be a better gauge.

Paraka

RupeeClock

A future Premium Edition Games physical release will be available via an upcoming Kickstarter campaign: "Poglings", a pet simulation creature collecting game that takes heavy inspiration from Sonic Adventure Chao Gardens, and Animal Crossing.

Untitled

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yojoyco/poglings
The announcement video claims that the physical release may be exclusive to the campaign.
They also clarify the game is a "buy it and own it" product, nothing like crypto or NFT nonsense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXElKiA-WZU

I'm not familiar with the development studio Right Nice, but it does look like a good project.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Hamstrman

Magician wrote:

@RupeeClock Easily the weakest game selection out of the newest bundle. No question. But as a collector's curio, lets be honest, nobody else is going to opt these games for a physical release.
We won't have to worry about LRG opting these a few years down the road like Loves In A Dangerous Spacetime or Mutant Mudds (although those are great games and hardly a fair comparison).

So I've been curious about this. SLG or SRG or something, when I inquired about the possibility of a rerelease of one of their games elsewhere in the future, wanted to assure me they do everything they can to prevent this from ever happening.

It's exactly because of Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime that I asked how it might happen. The random rerelease of the NA Liar Princess and the blind prince also made me wonder if times were changing. I guess I feel like artifical scarcity is anti consumer and just sad for gamers who want to buy said games physically and give their money and the developers who would love their money. Not five times that amount on ebay, sealed, when I have no intention of keeping it that way. They said they had to "balance the needs of the buyers and developers" as if they were at extreme odds.

Aren't collector's editions for collectors? Limited editions? Why are standard edition games kept limited when someone else might want to take the chance to reprint a game? Is this discussion group primarily composed of people who think games should be prevented from being rereleased?

Whenever this topic comes up, it just kind of has me wondering if SRG really knows their audience doesn't want game preservation, and certainly not game playing. I'm sorry if this sounds terribly aggressive, I just don't understand.

If this kind of post is unappreciated, I apologize.

Hamstrman

Bunkerneath

@Hamstrman I collect physical games I want to play, that is all, I hate the limited prints, and Limited Run Games delivery is extortionate, but if I want my game I have to pay it unfortunately.

I don't collect games to hold them in my collection, to be fair I HATE it when people do this as it is not fulfilling the reason it was created, but that is my opinion.

I'm old school as in I like to hold the thing I have bought in my hand, be it a game cartridge, a CD of a music album, or DVD/Blu-ray of a film

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Magician

@Hamstrman

I've got nothing against rereleases. I doubt that most of the folks who frequent this thread do either. My perspective from my post you're quoting is, that the Heaven Dust Collection is such a mediocre choice, nobody else is going to opt them. I don't care if someone else does, only I doubt anyone else would.

My friend, don't misconstrue this scene as us being a bunch of retro-games-price-inflating-eBay-flippers.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

@Hamstrman @Bunkerneath @Magician I missed out on Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime and Celeste when they were previously released physically, and I have ordered them both in the past few weeks, so personally I'm fine with re-releases.

MarioBrickLayer

Hamstrman

Magician wrote:

@Hamstrman

My friend, don't misconstrue this scene as us being a bunch of retro-games-price-inflating-eBay-flippers.

Oh God no! I just meant that that's the only recourse. Apologies for the insinuation.

I consider this forum a treasure. It helps me get games at reasonable prices. And determine if game might be worth getting. Thank you for that.

Hamstrman

GrailUK

@Bunkerneath Couldn't have said it better myself. As long as I can buy a game I want physically, I'm grateful in this day and age to whoever made it.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Dimjimmer

@Hamstrman
I like physical games, but only up to a point, and I consider limited stores a necessary evil. Sure, I would prefer if every game got a retail release with a better price but, unfortunately, this is not realistic (either because indie developers are not made of money and because big companies prefer digital sales).

In some cases, I have walked away from physical releases because the price difference between physical and digital was way too high for my taste (Radiant Silvergun, for instance, costs 17 bucks in the e-shop, but the LRG version would end up costing me about 60 bucks, once you factor in taxes and shipping).

Edited on by Dimjimmer

Dimjimmer

Teksetter

@Hamstrman
I'm a regular reader of this forum topic (infrequent poster), and I’m with everyone else who's replied to you thus far - I buy physical games to play, not as an investment. I'm so bad that more often than not, I tear the wrapper off a new game right away - even if I'm not ready to play it yet - just to stuff the trading card or receipt or whatnot into the game case. I'm here in the forum because physical releases of games are always my first preference, but they are getting harder to find with all these boutique publishers.
The kind folks here get the word out.

Edited on by Teksetter

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

Hamstrman

@Dimjimmer I've actually agonized over whether to buy a physical for $60 or the digital for $1.99 many times.

A game like Inscryption or Fury Unleashed I have to have physical because they have so much replayability. Games that I read are over after 3 hours, I have a hard time justifying it.

Right now, Evoland and Guns, Gore and Cannoli are the ones I'm struggling to not buy at $150-$200 each.

Hamstrman

Paraka

@Hamstrman - The main reason, financially, that a limited print from one region ends up getting another elsewhere, is the licensing is exclusive to that region.

For example's sake; Let's pretend Nintendo published Disgaea 6 in the NA region. Unless they made deals unanimously across all of them, Disgaea 6 will not be ported in THAT region under another publisher. But, theoretically, Microsoft can do it in EU or even SEA.

Super Rare, or even Red Art, can negotiate making the developer lean on their publishing deal exclusively, but they cannot control the publishing deals in NA.

Paraka

Hamstrman

@Paraka ooooh good to know! Now I know which companies have any chance at all of publishing any already published games! Thank you for that explanation.

Hamstrman

Magician

Red Art will be publishing Catmaze physically.

Umm....pass.

PQube have announced they'll publish GrimGuardians in the west.

Now we're talking.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

@Magician
Hah, just as I pre-order the Japanese multi-language release from Play-Asia, too.
No foul anyway, Grim Guardians looks worth it for Inti Create and Igavania fans.

RupeeClock

Magician

LRG will be publishing Xtreme Sports physically for the Switch.

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds-eshop/xtreme_sports_gbc

Magician

I got my copy of Witch on the Holy Night. Although there was a day-one patch, it was relatively small. You have to keep in mind this game's file size is roughly 19GB. Which means you can add Aniplex onto the short list of publishers who've used a 32GB cartridge. Which is why the physical copy is $20 more than a digital copy.

Kudos to Aniplex for making a choice where few publishers would.

Magician

Raiden III x Mikado Maniax Deluxe Edition is up on AmazonNA.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTMYL3XB

RupeeClock

Pix'n Love Publishing just opened pre-orders for Vengeful Guardian: Moonrider.
This one is apparently excellent, and I've been looking forward to ordering this one.

They claim they've opened pre-orders at least, I don't actually see it on their website yet.

I'd also mention that Pix'n Love Publishing items have a tendency to show up as an LRG ESRB release or Asia region release elsewhere in the near future.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

SpaceAce13

Vengeful Guardian Moonrider up for preorder at Pix’nlove. 3000 standard editions, 800 collectors editions, and 300 deluxe editions. Game looks absolutely amazing

SpaceAce13

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic