Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,561 to 10,580 of 11,394

Magician

Speaking of RAG, looks as though Nongunz is finally in stock.

It only took 16 months, but hey...I'm glad it shipped.

Once that's in my hands I'll be compelled to place a new order from them.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Celeste will be getting its third physical release via Fangamer.

LRG will be opening preorders for Embers of Mirrim and A Boy and His Blob Retro Collection.

And we have box art for Trek to Yomi.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician Is the Celeste release expected to be exclusive to Fangamer?

Who is doing the Trek to Yomi release?

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer I don't have a clear answer for either question at the moment.

Since Fangamer are publishing Celeste, I'm not sure if this third release will show up in Best Buy stores (it could) or if it'll be exclusive to Fangamer's online store? By the same token, since Devolver Digital are publishing Trek to Yomi, I'm not sure where it'll be available. Special Reserve? Limited Run? Retailed at Amazon?

SpaceAce13

Hoping for a nice reserve copy of Trek to Yomi. I have to imagine special reserve will be doing it

SpaceAce13

Magician

@Bunkerneath Very much in the vein of Revenge of Shinobi or classic Ninja Gaiden. I'm onboard.

ElRoberico

I'm so, so, SO freakin excited about that new Celeste print! While I do hope Best Buy carries it, I'll settle for a FanGamer preorder. I've been meaning to order from them for a while anyway, especially when it comes to physical games. Hollow Knight has been on my list for as long as I've had a Switch.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

SpaceAce13

ElRoberico wrote:

I'm so, so, SO freakin excited about that new Celeste print! While I do hope Best Buy carries it, I'll settle for a FanGamer preorder. I've been meaning to order from them for a while anyway, especially when it comes to physical games. Hollow Knight has been on my list for as long as I've had a Switch.

I never double dip… but I might on Celeste. I opened and played the limited run variant, may grab this just to keep.

SpaceAce13

RupeeClock

Limited Run Games put up a pre-order for a Game Boy title called Melon Journey Pocket.
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/all-games/products/me...
I mention this, because it appears to be a direct spinoff of the upcoming Melon Journey: Bittersweet Memories, which is getting a Japanese region physical release.
https://www.play-asia.com/melon-journey-bittersweet-memories-...
This probably means that LRG will put up a US region Switch physical pre-order for that in the future.

RupeeClock

Magician

Super Rare's next preorder is Heaven Dust Collection. Heaven Dust I & II. Isometric survival horror Resident Evil clone? I'm not mad about SRG's choice here. I would've overlooked the game otherwise.

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
That really doesn't look like a great game.
It's not encouraging when the official trailer seems to use AI interpolation to smooth out the gameplay footage, in the vein of these crude "what if this game were 60 FPS?" videos.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock Easily the weakest game selection out of the newest bundle. No question. But as a collector's curio, lets be honest, nobody else is going to opt these games for a physical release.

We won't have to worry about LRG opting these a few years down the road like Loves In A Dangerous Spacetime or Mutant Mudds (although those are great games and hardly a fair comparison).

Paraka

@ElRoberico @SpaceAce13 - Now I have played, and enjoyed the game well enough myself. Though, I never understood the hype around the game to be worth double, and even triple dipping for some.

What makes this game so amazing to you? Honest question, really. Haven't seen this excitement for a game since Shovel Knight's original release.

Paraka

Teksetter

@Magician @RupeeClock
I saw SRG's email announcement Heaven Dust (wasn't really impressed) and was getting ready to delete when I realized - oh, yeah, this rounds out the 3-game bundle I bought! I'm feeling a little let down and probably won't roll the dice like this again, I think I'll get my money's worth out of Other Demons and Source of Madness, at least.

Like Meatloaf said, 2 outta 3 ain't bad!

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

SpaceAce13

Paraka wrote:

@ElRoberico @SpaceAce13 - Now I have played, and enjoyed the game well enough myself. Though, I never understood the hype around the game to be worth double, and even triple dipping for some.
What makes this game so amazing to you? Honest question, really. Haven't seen this excitement for a game since Shovel Knight's original release.

That’s totally fair. For me, to start, I love the genre. Extremely difficult but fair platformers are just something I gravitate towards and Celeste is one of the finest examples. The pixel are is beautiful, the story is deep and makes you want to push though, and the soundtrack is simply amazing. To me, Celeste just does so many things so well… yet quite simply at the same time. Obviously it’s not for everyone, but it definitely connected with me

SpaceAce13

ElRoberico

@Paraka Platformers are some of my absolute favorite games, and even some painfully average ones are ones I enjoy (Look, Kirby Star Allies is far from perfect, but I had fun with it). Even extremely difficult ones are games that I can easily enjoy.

For me personally, Celeste is perfection. The platforming is incredible. Even with my thousands of deaths, I still got something from it. The music is incredible and honestly kept me pretty grounded when I got frustrated with it. The pixel art style is a little simple, but honestly, I can forgive that because the key art moments are stunning. However, the biggest thing for me that I adore about Celeste is its story. As a bisexual man who still feels kinda directionless in life and struggles with sometimes awful anxiety, I felt really seen with the story. I could immediately connect with Madeline, and at the end of the game, I just kind of cried. It's so simple but so moving.

As for why I'd buy another copy, I played it the first time after picking up a digital copy on sale. Since the game means so much to me, I'd love to own something physical to express my adoration for the game.

@SpaceAce13 I very much feel like Celeste can be for everyone, especially with Assist Mode. As long as someone is willing to find the way that works best for them, they can find something in the game.

Magician

Minecraft Legends and Afterimage are up on AmazonNA.

Paraka

@SpaceAce13 @ElRoberico - Thanks for that insight. "Pixel perfect" platformers are not too big in my book. Something about them feels a bit... Cheap, for a lack of a better word. I am more of an adventure-y, 3D platformer fan. I wanna see knooks and crannies as secrets, not as neccesity.

It just seemed wierd for Celeste to hit it off, when similar games, like The End is Nigh, nosedived. The contrast of reception between it and others are pretty stark.

Paraka

ElRoberico

@Paraka there's an excellent video about why it's so good by Game Maker's Tool Kit that explains it. It really gets into the mechanics as to how it works.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic