Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,541 to 10,560 of 11,397

Aurumonado

@Dimjimmer Thanks for the quick reply. That's great there's a cheaper option.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

Magician

Amid all the controversy, Limited Run sure are popping off announcements left, right and center. Demon's Tilt and Demons of Asteborg are their newest inbound preorders. What is that, eight games is the last couple weeks? Sheesh.

I'm in for Demon's Tilt. Not sure about Demons of Asteborg though.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

@Magician
LRG have been pushing a ton more distribution / unnumbered releases recently, particular items that can have an Amazon store presence.
I feel like it's a change as part of being acquired by Embrace Group, not necessarily a bad one as it widens the physical market, but bad for your wallet if you feel compelled.

RupeeClock

SpaceAce13

Dokapon Kingdom Connect up for preorder on VGP. This is super exciting!

SpaceAce13

ElRoberico

@Magician what's the controversy with LRG? Is it anything specific?

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Magician

@ElRoberico

Over LRG firing their community manager due to who she follows on social media.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

ElRoberico

@Magician I mean, if she tweeted transphobic comments, I don't blame them. This feels like a non-controversy.

Paraka

@ElRoberico - The fact is that there is a lot more going on is why the controversy is a controversy. Simply put. We are here discussing releases, not whether or not something that is done outside thay on a political spectrum is deserved.

@RupeeClock - It's also probably has to do with the fact they also habe a storefront that needs more than their numbered releases. Getting bought up by Embracer probably helped solidify this move more effeciently.

Paraka

Magician

Another day, another LRG announcement. This time it's a SpiritSphere DX + Skellboy double pack.

Hard...pass, zero interest for me.

We also have box art for Ys Memoire: The Oath in Falghana.
Untitled

And Wired Productions have announced they'll be releasing Tin Hearts physically.

Edited on by Magician

ElRoberico

Return to Monkey Island preorders are also open from LRG. Is that the only MI game on Switch?

Magician

@ElRoberico

To my knowledge, yes it is the only MI game on Switch.

Although the next best Ron Gilbert game would be Thimbleweed Park.

Very much the same spirit as the MI games.

Paraka

@Magician - Speaking of which, I wonder if Wired will continue the black label productions. They only did one, though impressive, felt like retreads.

Paraka

Magician

@Paraka Did you by chance purchase the first black label, Victor Vran? I've been keen to find out if the black label version has all the updates on the cartridge. Or if it's still the older version of the game on cartridge? I know that the The Town of Light was announced as the second game in the black label line and that a third game was to-be-announced.

https://shop.wiredproductions.com/collections/the-black-label

Miadaskate

Special Reserve just put out an e-mail regarding Gato Roboto. Doesn’t look like you have to destroy your cart and send it to them or anything. That’s good. Seems like a much easier process.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

RupeeClock

@Miadaskate
They do ask that you only request the replacement if you are unsatisfied with the version they received, if they never intend to perform online updates, or if they value physical preservation of games.

As I do value preservation in a form of receiving the games with the most up to date, feature complete, and consumer-ready versions on-cartridge, I will follow through with the replacement request.
I feel a bit guilty about it though, as they're doing it entirely at their expense, without any obligation to return the impacted cartridges. There doesn't seem to be anything in place to say, stop people from reselling their original cartridges. I'd prefer to keep both cartridges as a pair myself.

RupeeClock

Magician

Demon's Tilt and the Coffee Talk games are up on AmazonNA.

Although the pricing for Episode 2 standard edition is incorrect, currently listed at $99.99 when it should be $39.99. But...I put the Episode 1 & 2 Bundle on my wishlist. If it gets a 50% discount down from $150 to $75 as the Sifu Redemption Edition did, I might be tempted to double dip.

Edited on by Magician

SpaceAce13

Does anyone know all of the pinball games that have a physical print for switch? The only ones I know for sure are:

Stern Pinball Arcade
Star Wars Pinball
Peach Ball
Demon’s Tilt
Yoku’s island express (if you consider that)
Creature from the well (if you consider that)

SpaceAce13

Paraka

@SpaceAce13 - As fully physical as they can come, you probably got them covered. There is a couple code boxes out there, and the rumored Zen Pinball from years back, but that's really about it.

EDIT; I believe Sonic Spinball is in the Genesis Collection too.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Magician

Red Art's next preorder will be Unsouled.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic