Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,521 to 10,540 of 11,396

ElRoberico

@Magician Yeah, I was looking for production updates. I'm waiting on Garden Story and KOTOR II.

Also, Return to Monkey Island is pretty hype. Is it new-player friendly? If not, are the other games available on Switch?

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Magician

SLG have announced Infinite: Beyond the Mind and LRG have announced Ara Fell & Rise of the Third Power double pack.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

LRG have announced physical releases for The Bunker and The Shapeshifting Detective.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dimjimmer

I just got my shipping notification from Strictly Limited for the standard version of Wonder Boy Anniversary.

Dimjimmer

Magician

Magician wrote:

@SpaceAce13 Hell is Other Demons, maybe? That, or Doomed to Hell...?

Called it.

Hell is Other Demons will be Super Rare's next release.

Teksetter

Magician wrote:

Magician wrote:

Called it.

I’m glad you were right! I heard from my trusty friend @CANOEberry that Other Demons is a very fun game. This works out perfectly for me, because when I was too late to order the standard edition of Source of Madness from Super Rare, I gambled and ordered it bundled with SRG’s next upcoming 2 releases instead. I was very happy to see this one make it into the bundle!

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

SpaceAce13

Teksetter wrote:

Magician wrote:

Magician wrote:

Called it.

I’m glad you were right! I heard from my trusty friend @CANOEberry that Other Demons is a very fun game. This works out perfectly for me, because when I was too late to order the standard edition of Source of Madness from Super Rare, I gambled and ordered it bundled with SRG’s next upcoming 2 releases instead. I was very happy to see this one make it into the bundle!

I did the same exact thing. I was very relieved to see a 2nd good game in the 3 pack. Fingers crossed for #3… but not getting my hopes up

SpaceAce13

RupeeClock

Pix'n Love Publishing has a new physical release for "Nefasto's Misadventures", which looks like a pretty unique point & click adventure with a focus on meta humour about classic video games, and specifically the technology that powers them.

https://www.pixnlove.com/nintendo-switch/961-nefasto-s-misadv...

It's got a pretty good style going for it so I'm giving it a chance.
Also comes in collector's editions with over the top "USA" and "Japan" variants.
https://www.pixnlove.com/nintendo-switch/963-nefasto-s-misadv...
https://www.pixnlove.com/nintendo-switch/962-nefasto-s-misadv...

RupeeClock

Teksetter

@SpaceAce13
So far I'd say we are 2 for 3, so the 3-game bundle should be a win overall!
I don't normally roll the dice on blind items like this, but Super Rare's lineup has appealed to me lately so I thought the risk was worth it. Here's hoping for another good game to round out the 3-pack!

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

SpaceAce13

Does anyone have any idea if:

1) Never Awake will get a western release?

2) Does Castle of Shikigami II have English on cart?

SpaceAce13

Magician

@SpaceAce13 As of the time and date of this post, no and no.

NeverAwake is one I could envision staying exclusive to Japan, with a lowish print run no less.

And since Alfa System are self publishing Castle Shikigami II, I think there's a good chance Strictly Limited will opt it for a western release. Since they opted Sisters Royale.

Magician

Coffee Talk is getting its third physical release via Serenity Forge. Who have also opted to publish the sequel, Episode 2, and are going all-out for both physically.

https://nintendoeverything.com/coffee-talk-episode-2-release-...

The first game is a top-five visual novel for Switch (imo), so my anticipation for the sequel is high.

RupeeClock

@Magician
It appears they're publishing episodes 1 and 2 as separate cartridges.
I have the first episode from the Strictly Limited Games release, and would like to grab the second one, but wonder if it's worth getting Serenity Forge's "Single Shot Edition" print of the first episode.

RupeeClock

SpaceAce13

Magician wrote:

@SpaceAce13 As of the time and date of this post, no and no.
NeverAwake is one I could envision staying exclusive to Japan, with a lowish print run no less.

And since Alfa System are self publishing Castle Shikigami II, I think there's a good chance Strictly Limited will opt it for a western release. Since they opted Sisters Royale.

Just preordered NeverAwake in case you’re right. I’m a SHMUP collector so I’d rather double dip on this one than miss out. It looks amazing. As for shikigami, I hope you’re right. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for a western release somewhere. Same with Raiden III x Mikado (though I suspect this will have a retail just like IV)

SpaceAce13

Magician

Very cool.

One less game I'll have to import.

Aurumonado

@Dimjimmer Do we know if Raiden III will have a standard retail version or is the special edition our only choice?

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

Dimjimmer

@Aurumonado
On the website I linked above, there are two versions of the game; Deluxe and Limited. The Deluxe version contains a few extras, while the Limited contains more. NISA's MO being what it is, the Deluxe version will most likely see a retail release, while the Limited Edition will be exclusive to their store.

Dimjimmer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic