Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,461 to 10,480 of 11,365

Dimjimmer

In case anybody was wondering, the first River City Girls is version 1.2.0 on the Japanese double pack. I got no update prompt while launching the game, so it's likely the latest version.

Dimjimmer

Magician

Was just looking over the collection last night and I was suddenly reminded of something. What happened with Superhot and LRG? It was announced at LRG's E3 event last year, but 18 months later it still hasn't been put up for preorder. Disappeared, like a fart in the wind.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician They announced Spidersaurs in the summer too and there has been no news, I hope that doesn't just disappear...

MarioBrickLayer

Bunkerneath

@Magician Dont forget the physical for Night in the Woods that was "postponed"

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

RupeeClock

@Magician @MarioBrickLayer @Bunkerneath
With Superhot, I recall there was a controversy about them changing the ending, it wasn't popular with the players despite the good intentions due to the subject matter. In a way, removing the ending is anti-preservation.

With Night in the Woods, it was tragic what happened, but it seems like they've not been active for over a year now. I'd hate for the physical release for this one to never come to fruition, though.

With Spidersaurs, that's a Wayforward game with no licensing issues so I really doubt it's not going to get its physical release. If something like Cat-Girl Without Salad Amuse-Bouche can get a physical release, this can too.

There's also YIIK. Whilst it's not a particularly celebrated game, LRG had it listed on their planned releases on their site ages ago, but it might've been delayed because the developers decided to do a very major overhaul update. They announced an "IV" update at the start of the year, but it doesn't seem to have come out yet.

RupeeClock

Magician

If anyone wants another visual novel for their collection, Aksys have heavily discounted Collar X Malice, Variable Barricade, and Dairoku on AmazonNA.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Aksys

Preorders are also up for Nuclear Blaze and Mato Anomalies.

I feel both look amazing and are worth a blind purchase.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

SpaceAce13

@Magician I would agree, but I have heard that nuclear blaze is extremely short… like ~2 hours. The game looks great but that’s a little disappointing

SpaceAce13

Magician

If you don't want to import ONI: Road to be the Mightiest Oni from Japan, RAG will be distributing it in the west.

P.S. - Fairy Fencer F - Refrain Cord is getting a western release next year. Although I'm not sure if Idea Factory will distribute it themselves or if they'll do a limited distribution through LRG as they did for the first game?

P.P.S. - Special Reserve won't be asking customers to return their cartridge for Gato Roboto in order to qualify for the replacement cartridge.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Magician

@Paraka - My understanding is that SRG will be reaching out via email regarding the cartridge replacements. No idea when though.

@MarioBrickLayer - I have no idea unfortunately.

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@MarioBrickLayer - Not likely in the NA region, but there has been situations where there is a re-release elsewhere.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Magician
News that the Gato Roboto replacement cartridges won't require customers to send in their affected copies is wonderful news. I'm sure this comes at a great cost to them too, for something that many people would realistically not be affected by if they're willing to do a quick online update (or even play the cheaply available digital version).

Special Reserve Games have been really cool to me in the past too. A few years ago I placed an order for GRIS, and two copies of Downwell, and they accidentally sent me three copies of GRIS and zero copies of Downwell. They sent me the two copies of Downwell I ordered without needing me to send the excess GRIS copies back, letting me gift them to friends or family.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Against all odds, the Night in the Woods LRG physical release, which was announced during E3 2019, is finally happening.

Pre-orders go live tomorrow (Friday 16th December 2022), and stay open until 29th January 2023.
A standard edition for $34.99 will be available, alongside a collector's edition for $84.99
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/archive/products/swit...
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/archive/products/swit...
Untitled

RupeeClock

Bunkerneath

@RupeeClock Huh, I mentioned this last week and it appears.....
hmmm.....
SILKSONG SILKSONG SILKSONG SILKSONG!

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Magician

Night in the Woods at last?

Better late than never I always say.

P.S. - Red Art Games currently has a BTGO deal that's live until the 26th.

https://www.redartgames.com/22-buy-2-get-1-free

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Preorders for Jamestown+ opening via LRG on Friday.

It's a great vertical shmup. If you like the genre, don't skip.

GrailUK

@Zuljaras Is Risen any good? I must admit, I have never heard of it before.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic