Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,361 to 10,380 of 11,397

Magician

Outbreak: Contagious Memories from LRG next Friday.

Well if that ain't the most cash-grabby choice they've made yet. Awful game, awful choice.

That's worse than Bill & Ted's Retro Collection.

https://opencritic.com/game/12989/outbreak-contagious-memories

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@Magician - At least I can see the novelty of Bill & Ted's. But yikes... This gets picked when there are games like Hand of Fate 2 that still linger in limbo for a physical cart. Even modest mobile games like Monomals would have been something that oozes the idea of LRG.

Paraka

Magician

Although I'm already up to my neck in VNs, Norn9 has been locked in for a March release in Murica and Inescapable is due sometime in the latter half of 2023.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GrailUK

@Magician Where would you buy that Retro Platformer Collection from? (Yeah, they look awful for the most part but there is something endearingly naff about them!)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

@GrailUK I've only ever purchased games published by Leoful from P-A as the Southeast Asian games are their bread and butter.

RupeeClock

@Magician
By P-A you mean Play-Asia right?

I checked Play-Asia for Retro Platformer Collection and I don't see a listing for it yet.
Actually, I've not heard of Leoful before, but it looked as they they're related to 1printgames.

I'll probably add it to an outstanding order that I'm not expecting to ship until March 2023, as I pre-ordered a promising looking Game Boy-esque RPG called Melon Journey: Bittersweet Memories.
https://www.play-asia.com/melon-journey-bittersweet-memories-...

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

GrailUK

@RupeeClock Oh, that looks adorable!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

Speaking of Play-Asia, Twin Blades of the Three Kingdoms is the next EAS published release. I'm invested because I'd like to keep my EAS collection complete, but if I were being honest this looks like a game that was made in RPG Maker.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

PQube will be publishing Alice Gear Aegis CS: Concerto of Simulatrix in the west on Switch.

It's an anime-babe 3D combat game. Meh, the gameplay footage bores me.

Magician

I've been hemming and hawing between ordering Eiyuden Chronicle or Demon Gaze from Red Art Games. But it appears as though RAG are going global with the physical release of Eiyuden Chronicle, problem solved.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/eiyuden-chronicle-rising/5038540

P.S. - So Grapple Dog is SRG release # 79? Ugh. I was hoping it would be a singular release like Heaven's Machine was, so I could skip it without hesitation. I suppose I'm at the mercy of keeping the collection complete.

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

My Nintendo UK Store's physical release of Bayonetta 1 might be going live sometime today?
https://store.nintendo.co.uk/en/bayonetta-70010000006762

I just checked the store and it displays a crossed-out option for Physical that was not present the other day.
Untitled

Edit: Nope, it turns out the pre-orders silently went open sometime yesterday and went unannounced outside of Twitter, unnoticed by many.

My Nintendo UK Store has been doing a really poor job lately, I'm glad I opted to import a copy from Play-Asia instead.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Magician

Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising is up over on AmazonNA.

MarioBrickLayer

Does anyone think demand for limited releases may be slowing? Fast RMX and The Touryst haven't sold out for Super Rare Games, Special Reserve have had Cult of The Lamb, Gat Roboto etc available for a few months, Limited Run still haven't sold 1500 copies of Xeodrifter. There are more examples, I wonder if the current situation world wide etc is reducing the demand?

MarioBrickLayer

RupeeClock

@MarioBrickLayer
Not necessarily, Special Reserve games have switched to an open pre-order model for their more recent releases.
Gato Roboto, Fast RMX, The Touryst, and Xeodrifter I would cite are all examples of missing the demand of a physical; they came years after their digital releases. Xeodrifter already had a physical print from Redart Games, and that game often sells for a dollar digitally.

SRG releases like Webbed and A Short Hike have proven highly popular though. Much of the demand is in how new the release is.
LRG is also undercutting their distribution releases through their website by selling simultaneously on Amazon too. Remarkably, a 2000 print run of Mighty Goose on LRG hasn't sold through yet.

RupeeClock

Magician

Various Daylife is getting a physical release.

Meh; I would've preferred Star Ocean First Departure or Actraiser Renaissance before this.
Untitled

Magician

Limited Run Games will be distributing Always Sometimes Monsters.

And Strictly Limited Games / ININ will be distributing Puzzle Bobble Everybubble!
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

After going up without warning and selling out within 10 minutes, My Nintendo Store UK is allowing users to register interest in a restock of a physical release of Bayonetta 1.

UK: https://store.nintendo.co.uk/en/bayonetta-physical-edition
Ireland: https://store.nintendo.ie/en/bayonetta-physical-edition

RupeeClock

Nahr_Alma

The physical version of Slime Rancher Plortable Edition had also released today.

Nahr_Alma

Switch Friend Code: SW-3418-3031-5143 | My Nintendo: Morpheus

Miadaskate

Snagged Oceanhorn 2 before it goes away.

I had the Bayonetta 3 CE pre-ordered, but figured it probably wasn’t worth it….even though I’m big on art books. Guess I’ll just get the standard down the line.

I may try and grab Grapple Dog. I haven’t purchased any “limited” Switch games in a while. It’s honestly become too big to keep track of now and so now I only really buy the more popular ones that I’d like to have physically. If I miss out on something, I can always buy it digitally, so the FOMO isn’t as bad as it once was.

I’m mostly focused on PS5 and Series X now, especially as time goes on as the Switch becomes more and more phased out, especially graphically and performance wise. At this point I find myself buying for those systems because I know they will look and perform much better than they would on Switch.

End rant, lol…

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Paraka

@Miadaskate - Situation is that, unless the games are specifically told they're on the Disc, I have noticed many (not all) the games are a giant download key on the disc.

Paraka

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic