Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,081 to 10,100 of 11,399

RupeeClock

I also ordered a copy of Klonoa through 365games, the Xbite sister-site to Shop4Megastore, and they've failed to fulfil my order so far as well.
Monday morning and still no shipping notification, despite contacting their support and being assured that my delivery would be upgraded.
Maybe it will be ship later today or tomorrow, but if it not I will probably pursue a refund and buy elsewhere.

Something isn't right with 365games lately, their Switch pre-order page is constantly de-listing games.

RupeeClock

DoomTurtle

Magician wrote:

I don't participate in social media.

This is not a sentence I'd ever expect to see on an online message board, especially from one of the most active participants.

Edited on by DoomTurtle

DoomTurtle

Magician

@DoomTurtle

I suppose I should clarify; I don't participate on the more popular social media platforms.

Twitter, Meta, Tik Tok, etc. Message boards are as far as I go.

P.S. - A number of physical releases have surfaced today.

Gunbrick Reloaded, Blade Assault, SaGa Frontier 2, NBA 2K23, and The DioField Chronicle.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

365games finally shipped my order for Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series today.
I contacted their customer support earlier this morning, and they explained that their courier was delayed to getting their stock to them, hence why stock only started dispatching from them today.
Apparently customers were supposed to receive an email informing them of this delay, but I never received such an email.

RupeeClock

GrailUK

Would anyone happen to know if Dying LIght Definitive Edition is complete on the cart? I'll grab it again for sure if so!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

@GrailUK I have Dying Light DE on order, but it won't be in my hands until early August since it's bundled with an order for SD Gundam Battle Alliance. I intended to bump the thread I created for the game once it's in my hands.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Bayonetta 1 will be getting a limited physical release.

There will also be a fancy edition for Bayonetta 3 with a 200 page hardcover art book. It also comes with 3 individual cases.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220713005366/en/Nint...

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

RupeeClock

@Miadaskate
I never picked up Bayonetta 2, or 1 as I recall it either got a very limited physical release before, or was only available as a download code with 2.

So yeah, sign me up for getting Bayo 1+2+3 physical.

RupeeClock

Miadaskate

RupeeClock wrote:

@Miadaskate
I never picked up Bayonetta 2, or 1 as I recall it either got a very limited physical release before, or was only available as a download code with 2.

So yeah, sign me up for getting Bayo 1+2+3 physical.

Correct, at least in North America. 2 physical, 1 digital code. Elsewhere both games got physical individual releases.

The confusing thing is, the fancy edition just includes special cases for all 3 games, but really only comes with the cart for 3. Weird, but yeah.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

@Miadaskate

Are you referring to the physical release that was exclusive to the Non-stop Climax edition years ago or is this a new re-release?

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

Miadaskate wrote:

@Miadaskate

Are you referring to the physical release that was exclusive to the Non-stop Climax edition years ago or is this a new re-release?

Totally new.

Currently Playing :

RupeeClock

Bayonetta 1 appears to be getting a re-print in Japan too, scheduled to release September 30th.
https://www.play-asia.com/bayonetta-english/13/70fky3
It has multi-language support, including English.

Since I coincidentally had an order expected to ship that same day, I decided to add it to my order.

RupeeClock

Magician

My Turrican CE has begun shipping from SLG.

P.S. - Up next from VGNYsoft.

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

I spotted a couple more UK physical pre-orders on GAME's site.

Demon Throttle, the "physical only Switch release" is a GAME exclusive without the Special Reserve Games branding.
https://www.game.co.uk/en/demon-throttle-2886620
Into The Breach is another Fangamer EU retail release.
https://www.game.co.uk/en/into-the-breach-2891687
Oddworld Soulstorm too, described as a limited edition, so likely a one-time print.
https://www.game.co.uk/en/oddworld-soulstorm-limited-oddition...

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

@RupeeClock Thanks for posting!!! I've had a tab open on the Into The Breach Fangamer order page for a week, I'll order it from Game instead.

MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

The next Super Rare game is announced next week, the guesses for the free giveaway seem to indicate it's a game called Webbed...

MarioBrickLayer

RupeeClock

Yeah, the hints make it super obvious that the game would be Webbed.
https://webbed.website/
I had no idea that this game was available on Switch, I will definitely be grabbing this game physically because it looked wonderful when I saw it on Games Done Quick.

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

Does anyone else think Super Rare Games seem to have setup a really good routine? I know they don't do open pre orders, but I have ordered 3 games from them this year on the day pre orders opened and all three were delivered within days.

I ordered Broforce from Special Reserve Games on 26th August last year and it's still not in production - admittedly they are waiting from a game update to be released. But Limited Run, Pix'N Love, Red Art Games etc are all the same...

MarioBrickLayer

RupeeClock

@MarioBrickLayer
The reason for that is that all physical game manufacturing is a process that takes months, requiring approvals, lot check, the actual manufacturing, and then delivery and distribution.

The open pre-order process of Limited Run Games, Strictly Limited Games Special Reserve Games, and most other sites expose the length of this process, where they gauge customer demand up-front and only manufacture enough units to cover the demand, and a few more for replacements.
For Nintendo Switch games in particular, Nintendo require a minimum run of 1000 units, and in increments of 1000. So if LRG receives 5200 orders for physical games, they have to order 6000 copies total.
This process is a safety net because it ensures capital and cash flow to see the process through.

What Super Rare Games does is closer to traditional retail; manufacture a number of units depending on your estimations for demand. This is risky as they're only securing profits for their venture after all the work is done, and they could also over-estimate demand and struggle to sell stock (like Last Day of June), or under-estimate and miss an opportunity for a lot more sales (like Flynn, Son of Crimson).
They disguise the length of the manufacturing process by only revealing and selling the game shortly before, or after they've received the batch shipment of physical games and completed the packaging process.
SRG is a pretty small operation too! I think they have less than a dozen people overall all working on marketing, sales, packaging design, assembly, social media, etc?

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

@RupeeClock Thanks for the summary and I get it, I think they all are doing a great job. I ordered Ape Out from Special Reserve Games and they did a fantastic job with it.

I know their manufacturing is no quicker than anyone else but it feels more efficient to the customer, plus their roughly two week cycle (day 1 give clues and announce a new game is coming - day 7 reveal game - day 14 open pre orders) I think works nicely.

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic