Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 4,681 to 4,700 of 4,744

Snatcher

@mr_somewhere I think Pyra & Mythra are busted, Its waaay to easy to win with them.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

🏳️‍⚧️

Joeynator3000

@Snatcher lol, I mean, I really wasn't joking when I said Pyra was one of the reasons I stopped playing Xenoblade 2 shortly after starting. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

mr_somewhere

@Snatcher I guess it depends on who you play but they are extremely vulnerable to being gimped off-stage and once gimped they're gone. There's not a whole lot they can do about shields either, so long as you're rolling out of Pyra's neutral special and watching her f-smash. I haven't had too much trouble with them but with Ridley and Byleth I can out space them most of the time. It could also easily be the case that I haven't run in to any good players.

Kazuya, on the other hand — I have had zero fun playing against Kazuya, I just cannot get in. Even when I win it doesn't feel like a victory.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

Snatcher

@mr_somewhere I feel ya, maybe I will try that when I face em.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

🏳️‍⚧️

Maximumbeans

Snatcher wrote:

@mr_somewhere I think Pyra & Mythra are busted, Its waaay to easy to win with them.

Pyra/Mythra ruined duos for me and my partner for a while. We'd see those dumb waifus in the loading screen and both just sigh.

PROMINENCE REVOLT
PROMINENCE REVOLT
PROMINENCE REVOLT
PROMINENCE REVOLT
PROMINENCE REVOLT

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

Snatcher

@mr_somewhere Thanks.

@Maximumbeans Strong feelings there.

🏳️‍⚧️

Maximumbeans

@Snatcher Perhaps it's just because I haven't played since before Kayuza was added...from the looks of things he'd make me sweat even more.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

Snatcher

@Maximumbeans I can't even get through a match without sweating, I just suck at this game LOL.

🏳️‍⚧️

octokid

Snatcher wrote:

I think Pyra & Mythra are busted, Its waaay to easy to win with them.

As a person who is a Mythra main, it can be hard sometimes, cough, I suck at smash. I might become a Joker main again…

e

mr_somewhere

@Maximumbeans Team Battle without team attack is already broken but double Pyra is just plain nonsense. I always keep that turned on even if I have lost count how many times a rando has ko'd me more than the opposing team.

Snatcher

@octokid Hey i'm not saying you don't need skill, bc you do no doubt, there just really, well, stupid LOL.

🏳️‍⚧️

Randomname19

When i watched Sora's trailer,i found really weird that a teenager was much lighter thant Isabelle,a tiny dog.Then earlier i realized why that might be.Sora came out of a keyhole while all other characters were trophies.That might mean he's the real sora,not a figure.He's made of flesh and blood,so of course a living trophy is heavier than him.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

tekoii

Yea, I main Pyra/Mythra and I can say they are a bit too strong. I'd say maybe reduce the knock back on Prominence Revolt but keep it still as a kill move.
But I do agree with @mr_somewhere , there are ways to play against them and there are characters that outright counter them (usually quick fighters or strong ranged fighters).

Edited on by tekoii

♾️ Xenoblade 3 ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

RR529

12. Steve - Minecraft just isn't in my interest zone. I understand the inclusion though.
11. Kazuya - Never played Tekken, though again understand it's significance (I'd have preferred a SoulCalibur or Tales rep, though).
10. Byleth - Fine I suppose, just burnt myself out on FE during the 3DS era, so I haven't played Three Houses yet.
9. Min Min - Again, not a game I'm personally interested in, but she seems pretty unique and a more inspiring pick than Spring Man.
8. Joker - Pretty cool, though I haven't played a Persona game so the hype really wasn't there for me. I'm sure he'd be much higher if I had gotten into the series though.
7. Piranha Plant - These quirky Nintendo picks are always fun. Not a super hype pick though.
6. Banjo Kazooie - Exciting because of the "miracle" status & they're something a bit different. Never played the games though (I'm starting to notice a trend, lol).
5. Terry Bogard - I've had some fun with the KoF games & he was a bit of a surprising pick, so I am pretty happy with him.

Getting to the big ones now...

4. Hero - Dragon Quest itself is just super deserving of rep, and I'm a pretty big fan of the games I've played (and 3 of the 4 Hero's skins happen to be from entries I've played).
3. Sephiroth - You just know things are about to get down whenever "One Winged Angel" starts playing. He's absolute hype distilled.
2. Pyra/Mythra - I've gotten into the Xenoblade games in a huge way in the past few years, and it all started with XC2 for me... and hey, the "waifu" aspect doesn't hurt, lol.
1. Sora - A childhood fantasy come true. Nothing more needs to be said.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Snatcher

My My head cannon for sora is during his almost year sleep, he was in smash bros during that time, look it up, its to perfect, and now smash is cannon to smash LMAO

🏳️‍⚧️

Snatcher

@Randomname19 Well ya, I to think its the legit sora.

🏳️‍⚧️

Grumblevolcano

My rankings would be:
1. Pyra/Mythra
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Byleth
4. Sephiroth
5. Hero
6. Min Min
7. Piranha Plant
8. Sora
9. Joker
10. Kazuya
11. Terry
12. Steve

Sora and Joker would've been higher had the KH games and Persona 5 came to Switch natively instead of cloud versions in the former and not at all in the latter.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

mr_somewhere

Hype is not really something that's ever hit me that hard. I was losing my mind over Ridley, who I've wanted in since the intro cinematic for Melee and the Belmont lads too as I've been a fan of Castlevania and Metroid for almost as long as I can remember. I was happy with a lot of DLC picks but hype didn't really factor in for me, here's how I'd rate the characters based on how fun they are to play instead:

Byleth
Sephiroth
Hero
Joker
Pyra/Mythra
Plant
Steve
Terry (I really want to like Terry but I just can't play fighting game characters in Smash)
Min Min
Banjo
Kazuya

I have fun with everybody up to Steve and there's a huge gap in enjoyment after that.

kkslider5552000

I can't rank them but I know the one I was most hyped for was Banjo and the one I most enjoy playing is probably Terry.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic