Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 4,541 to 4,560 of 4,610

Grumblevolcano

I initially thought it was odd Fallout and Skyrim happened but not DOOM but then it came to mind that Capcom had Mii outfits in 2 consecutive waves (Monster Hunter Mii outfits with Pyra/Mythra, Dante Mii outfit with Kazuya) so I'd guess there'll be DOOM Mii outfit(s) with the next fighter.

My guesses are:

• Fighter - Crash Bandicoot (sticking with this prediction)
  • Mii Outfits - Doomguy, Master Chief, Sora, Ryu Hayabusa, the knight from Hollow Knight (with a music track), Jonesy

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blooper987

I‚Äôm just sad cause Ace Attorney is the only big Capcom franchise with absolutely no representation in smash stillūüė≠

NYEH!!! Prepare to be amazed. Fall to your knees. I am Himiko Yumeno, the Ultimate Mage. But... I'm officially called the Ultimate Magician.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Dogorilla

@Blooper987 What do you mean? Phoenix is right there Untitled

Currently Playing:
Mario + Rabbids: Donkey Kong Adventure (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokémon Platinum (DS)

Eel

He's looking more like a young Von Karma if you ask me

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry IKR, It sucks I had to read about it, I Sleep't past 7, damn.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

kkslider5552000

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

Man that Mii costume roundup was a freaking BLOODBATH of deconfirmations

I was thinking that. Outside of Sora and Crash, they deconfirmed all the big 3rd party characters left I kept hearing people wanted.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

link3710

@kkslider5552000 Doomslayer, Rabbids, Rayman, Ryu Hayubusa, Eggman, Spyro are also ones I've heard a lot. Also heard theorizing on the SMT V protag, but that's more a guess than a wishlist.

I've heard a few Bandai-Namco characters too (Agumon, Nightmare/Sigfried, KOS-MOS), but we probably won't get another rep from them in this pass. Same with Square-Enix (Lara Croft, Sora, Neku) and Microsoft (Master Chief). Bethesda is exempt since they were still a different company when the pass was being negotiated.

On another note, the Lloyd Irving costume arriving means every single character costume from Smash 4 has now returned I believe.

link3710

kkslider5552000

Doomslayer and Master Chief are the only ones I've heard as much as those tbh. (which is a shame, since I want Rayman)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

TheFrenchiestFry

@link3710 There is a following for Demi-fiend to get in as a second Atlus rep so both Shin Megami Tensei and Persona are repped in Smash, seeing as how the former has way more Nintendo ties compared to the latter

The SMT V Protag thing is really recent

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

link3710

@TheFrenchiestFry Yeah, but I've seen it mentioned a bunch of late, and it wouldn't be the first time a character has launched around the time of their game coming out. Plus, we know the protag was most likely fully designed in time as well.

link3710

Fujimoto-San

Uh.. When exactly was Kazuya going to join the battle? I heard it was at 9:00 a.m. (eastern time) but there's no new updates as of now..

"I would gladly risk feeling bad at times if it also meant that I could taste my dessert."

Grumblevolcano

@Fujimoto-San UK version of the stream showed a release date of June 30th so timing is probably something like:

5pm PT (June 29th)/8pm ET (June 29th)/1am BST (June 30th)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snatcher

@Grumblevolcano Ya its always 5pm. (For me anyway)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Fujimoto-San

@Grumblevolcano Ah.. I see. Thanks for clearing it up.

"I would gladly risk feeling bad at times if it also meant that I could taste my dessert."

Grumblevolcano

Sophia and Arthur spirits are now available for everyone, no longer need save data from their respective games to obtain. They can now be found in the usual ways like Spirit Board, Classic completion rewards, shop.

Grumblevolcano

Randomname19

Someone probably already said this.But it sucks we have Kazuya in Smash,but no Tekken on Switch.I don't even want B-N to put effort into downgrading Tekken 7.Just give me a port ot Tekken TagTournament 2.I loved that game on Wii U.The roster,Nintendo costumes and Mushroom Kingdom mode were great.
And the character customization was amazing.I managed to recreate pretty faithfully anime characters like Inuyasha and turn Angel into Palutena.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by https://vrcmods.com/user/AzulieZeiro

TheFrenchiestFry

Honestly could not care less about lack of Tekken on Switch. Tekken on Nintendo has had a super sporadic history to begin with and it's not like Ultimate's exactly hiding the fact it wants its roster to transcend just characters that appeal to Nintendo fans

Tag 2 on Switch would be cool but then people would complain about no Tekken 7 lol

TheFrenchiestFry

Tobiaku

@Northwind
Regarding point 1, Terry was in Pass 1. FP2 has been Min min, Steve, Sephiroth, Pyra & Mythra and Kazuya

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

TheFrenchiestFry

I feel like even if the last DLC character ends up being a first party Nintendo character people who primarily play on Nintendo systems will largely be disappointed by the Smash DLC for how biased towards third party characters it is

I honestly have no problem at all with it, especially given I didn't even flat out love any of the actual first party reps that were featured as DLC this time around and the third party franchises for the most part are ones that I've either been wanting for a long time to happen or are characters I knew I would want but never really thought about their chances of making it

Kazuya's another example of a character I never thought would happen in this game but I genuinely love the emphasis on fighting game characters Sakurai has put on all those reps. You can tell he has a massive respect for the genre and wants to implement as much as he possibly can to cater both to Smash's playstyle and fans of the games characters like Ryu, Terry and Kazuya come from. I'm not even as big on Tekken compared to traditional 2D fighters but they put so much effort into fully representing him and his background, down to even using the Tekken announcer in place of Xander Mobus that he just feels like a labor of love

I honestly roll my eyes whenever people are like "Who even asked for this character" because you should be able to just take one look at their franchise and understand why they deserve the slot. Tekken is basically neck and neck with Street Fighter as the face of the FGC at this point and Kazuya is one of the most recognizable fighting game characters of all time even next to characters in his own family tree. It really doesn't matter that he doesn't cater to Nintendo fans' tastes or that he's third party. He's an icon in every sense of the word. We shouldn't HAVE to ask for freaking Tekken to be featured in another fighting game. Hell Kazuya's technically already fought against other Final Fantasy, Street Fighter and Fatal Fury characters as is

TheFrenchiestFry

Grumblevolcano

@Northwind Joker is the first, not Kazuya.

Persona - Q (3DS), Q2 (3DS), Strikers (Switch)
Tekken - Advance (GBA), 3D Prime Edition (3DS), Tag Team Tournament 2 (Wii U)

So Joker set the precedent for 3rd party characters that it didn't matter what Nintendo system presence there was for a franchise to be in Smash provided at least 1 game is on a Nintendo system (even if it's just a spinoff).

If Nintendo wanted a more Nintendo focused Atlus franchise, they'd have gone for a character like Demi-Fiend from SMT Nocturne or the protagonist from the upcoming Switch exclusive SMTV instead.

I think the 3rd party fighters without much of a Nintendo system presence might be a sign for the future much like how Playstation exclusive Final Fantasy came to Switch a few years after Cloud came to Smash 3DS/Wii U. Well I could see a Tekken game to Switch and if those Persona on Xbox rumours actually come to anything (I don't believe them), it'll also come to Switch.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic