Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 4,508

EvilLucario

Holy ****, they REALLY buffed Link. His up/down airs are absolute monsters, and the overall faster speed does absolute wonders for his Smash attacks.

I can't wait to unlock Wolf and see how his Smash attacks were buffed, because his Smash attacks were the best in Brawl.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Bunkerneath

Anyone see the download code in japan for the fighters pass?

Untitled

Also Nintendo Japan running a competion to play Smash in a movie theatre?

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/324219-nintendo-running-co...

One more thing, thought I would get the fighter pass through the Nintendo UK site whilest at work, but it comes up with:

Untitled

Wonder if it's because I haven't actually played the game yet, still waiting on Amazon to deliver it

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

Finally the postman’s here

Edit. I’m staring at it

Untitled

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

TuVictus

I really wish they offered the steelbook without the pro controller. If they did, I missed out on it. I hear it can be a bit difficult to keep track of your character due to the more realistic lighting and sped up nature of the game. If this is an issue and not just a small handful of people, I'd love to see them re-incorporate the 3DS thing with the outlines.

TuVictus

FragRed

It finally came! I wasn’t sure the special edition was available in the UK after hearing a while back that others had their orders cancelled by Amazon and there was talk going around that the GameCube controllers were being delayed in the UK.

So I’m really happy I got mine. Though as always is the way, everything happens last minute meaning all my free time is now taken up by other things. So probably won’t be playing this anytime soon

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Bevinator

Hope everyone is enjoying Smash. How’s the online functioning? How are people finding the matchmaking on there? Trying to decide if I’m gonna buy! Cheers

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

Henmii

Mine hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

Henmii

19Robb92

Just got my copy, here we go!

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Andrew5678

Will be getting the game itself, but just wanted some thoughts on the feasibility of certain characters for the Season Pass, specifically Goku from Dragonball, and Sabre from Fate/Stay Night. The former originated in a manga, and the latter's original title is probably not one Nintendo would want associated with their flagship title (for certain content, though I'll admit Bayonetta does kind of push the envelope on that) but I'm curious what other people think.

I'll get the Season Pass ASAP, and I'm prepared to have memed myself for not waiting and getting characters I'm don't like, but I figure if they're more likely than I think, I may as well prep myself for their possible reveals.

Andrew5678

FragRed

I managed to get a few minutes of gameplay but for now, I’m only playing the single player portion. So not managed to try out any online matches yet. Hope Nintendo have a good infrastructure in place. Won’t go down well if people start reporting connection problems.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

I didn't get the steelbook with the special edition, did any of you?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Manah

Getting preorders on release day still seems to be wishful thinking despite the store's website explicitly stating you "can be sure" to get it. Tomorrow, maybe.

Ryu_Niiyama

Geez I thought 4/5 looked good. I have not played docked yet and it looks fantastic.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Mountain_Man

So how is it? Worth selling my 3DS for?

(Disclaimer: I haven't touched in my 3DS since getting a Switch.)

The Mountain Man

Ralizah

@subpopz This is the first major Switch game since BotW that honestly looks just as good in handheld mode as it does on the TV to me. Everything is so crisp and colorful!

@Mountain_Man Are you really never going to want to replay those 3DS games again?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

So my initial thoughts after playing for like 50 minutes while waaay too drowsy at midnight. It looks GORGEOUS. After the iffy graphics close-up of Starlink, MHGU, and XC2, my last 3 Switch games, this stands toe to toe with the X1X games. Not at at DF level of inspection but just feel and impression.

Everything about the feel of it and play of it feels great. It reminds me how much fun I had with Brawl and makes me feel like Smash 4 was just plain bad. Nothing felt exciting about playing that and I effectively never did, despite owning WiiU and 3DS versions.

I tried only Classic (didin't have time for WoL or online.) I picked out my traditional main, Yoshi. I remembered rapidly how bad I suck at this game. I fell into the hazards and died several times by the third map. The stupid smash balls still destroy me more then the enemy whenever I use them. However I discovered "fluffy texture" Yoshi. I now must forever main Fuzzy Yoshi. That's too cute to not play. I can say the Rathalos boss battle is fantastic....can't wait to see the other boss battles! It felt almost like playing MH. Give Yoshi a GL...or HH....either will do. The roar stun was a nice touch.

Only thing with smash is.....it feels like all I can do is the a button attacks, and whatever specials are on the B buttons. Having been getting more into games like Tekken it feels very very......simple. I keep expecting to break into combos and moves that don't happen, and it gets me killed.

Also, for all you guys not attached to melee, is the Pro controller a great feel for this or is the GCN controller really still ideal? I figured the Pro was the "official" controller now since the bundle has it....but....the giant A button config does feel like it's still so built around the GCN controller......half tempted to re-buy a GCN for it...but....the wireless ones cost as much as a Pro almost....so it's wiser to just buy a spare Pro. Hard to decide.

Also, there are some glitches in the game that surprise me. Ridley in Yoshi's second map gets stuck under the ledge almost every match...he does nothing but try to jump up and can't.....making him easy pickings. Then in one round bowser never even attacked.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ralizah When you play docked, are you playing on a TV far away or a monitor close up? I find not very many Switch games look all that great docked when sitting close to a monitor....there's either blur, or shimmering jaggies everwhere....or both (I got spoiled by Supersampling on consoles I guess.) But BOTW, Odyssey, Smash, Arms and Splatoon all look great. XC2 is a blurry mess on the monitor close up.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Both, depending on where the dock is. XC2 looks amazing on the TV from the couch AND close up to a computer monitor (within reason, obviously: a 720p game could always look sharper on the TV).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

GeoChrome

@Mountain_Man If you have finished the games on the 3DS that you wanted to finish and don’t see any reason for keeping it, go for it.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

TuVictus

NEStalgia wrote:

Everything about the feel of it and play of it feels great. It reminds me how much fun I had with Brawl and makes me feel like Smash 4 was just plain bad. Nothing felt exciting about playing that and I effectively never did, despite owning WiiU and 3DS versions.

Haha, same here. I always felt Smash 4 felt more like a skeleton of a Smash game. I'm glad to hear from many people that Ultimate seems to rectify that feeling.

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic