Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,001 to 3,020 of 5,014

Scrummer

There was something that said the next splatfest would be cheese vs. bacon, but that was later debunked as a rumor/joke. I really hope they do something halloween themed, like Ghosts vs. Skeletons or something.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Pazzo-TheFool

@GoldenGamer88 @NapalmPsalm
This guy's got the right idea.

@Scrummer I'm hoping for Tricks VS. Treats.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Scrummer

@Hieronymus-E That would actually be amazing, and seems like something they would actually do.

Scrummer

Namco

Scrummer wrote:

I really hope they do something halloween themed, like Ghosts vs. Skeletons or something.

Ghosts vs. Zombies has already been a splatfest choice in Europe and Oceania though.

Hieronymus-E wrote:

@Scrummer I'm hoping for Tricks VS. Treats.

Not sure about this one... I wouldn't really know how to compare them.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

GoldenGamer88

@NapalmPsalm You might as well write that in a different language but I think I get what you mean. Just had four matches, neither did go so hot with the only one I won being thanks to my team who carried me through it. Those slippery Inklings are exploiting my bad aim way too much lol (though, I'd do the same if I were in their shoes). I wish there was a Charger that came with Burst Bombs so I can actually defend myself without entirely relying on the Charger (I know there's one that comes with Splat Bombs but they're not really suited for that.

@Scrummer A Halloween themed Splatfests would be sweet (there was one already, Ghosts vs. Zombies, right?), though I seriously hope they won't be waiting for much longer. In serious need for Super Sea Snails here. Also, please don't pick the last weekend of October, Nintendo! Planning on spending the entire weekend with Odyssey.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Scrummer

@GoldenGamer88 I don't know if there was Ghosts vs. Zombies. I got the original Splatoon almost a year after it released. (January 2016)

Scrummer

Namco

Next Splatfest choice: Kim Jung-un vs. Donald Trump, who is the better meme? Inkopolis square posts would go through the roof.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

-Green-

Maybe they'll do Octolings vs Inklings. OCTOber and all that. That's kind of what people were hoping for last Splatoon with the whole playable Octoling rumor way back then.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NaviAndMii

I think I may have discovered something at the weekend...

I had a minor issue with my Switch, so I performed a console shut-down/restart in the hope that it'd clear the issue - which it did - and I've also noticed a huge improvement in my online stability in Splatoon 2 too! ..I don't know if a hard reset auto-clears the cache files or something, but I'd certainly recommend giving it a try if you're having a few connectivity issues - it's worked a treat for me!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@NaviAndMii I've seen an Inkling saying the same thing on the Square today. See, people, there's value in shutting down and restarting your system every once in a while!

Zyrac

@NaviAndMii You might have had an IP address conflict or something and resolved it just by disconnecting from the router. If you have problems again, maybe see if just turning flight mode on and off has the same effect.

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Zyrac Good idea! Whatever it was, it's certainly made a huge and noticeable improvement to my online connectivity - like @GoldenGamer88 says, it's definitely worth playing around with your Switch to see if you can't solve the problem yourself...I wish I'd have tried something like this sooner - huge difference!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Skid

@GoldenGamer88 Yeah, explaining it through text isn't easy to do or understand sometimes. I'll post a video, it is old but translates over to splat 2. I can't remember if it says anything about power up, if it does though just ignore that part. It also goes straight into snapping instead of any kind of transition steps though. I came up with "swiping" on my own in order to help myself.

Which charger are you using by the way? I've said it before but I'm using the eliter without a scope. Ink mines help a little when the enemy team tries to run you down.

Edited on by Skid

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Pazzo-TheFool

It might help to use the Squiffer to practice before using the stuff that requires better aim.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

GoldenGamer88

@Hieronymus-E Being used to short-ranged weapons, I think I'll be starting with longer ranged weapons such as Squelchers or Splattershot Pros to get better at aiming before moving over to Chargers. But I agree, the Squiffer is a good choice for beginners, been using that the few times I've trained thus far. It even comes with Ink Armor.

@NapalmPsalm Thanks man, that vid was really informative. Snapping still seems like a rather tough thing to pull off. I'm happy when I hate my opponent the normal way lol. Like I mentioned, been using the Squiffer for its Ink Armor but I've also thought about the E-Liter. Gonna try that tomorrow.

Skid

@GoldenGamer88 Yeah, ink armor is a very clutch for the squiffer. I usually play eliter on SZ but other opens on the other modes. If I ever play again during a TC, I'd use squiffer because you are able to use it in different roles. Eliter? Naw, you can't get on the tower with it in my opinion.

Switch

Pazzo-TheFool

E-Liter is great in SZ. Constant pressure and Ink Mines are a great combo.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

shani

@NapalmPsalm Ah, so that screenshot was from Splatnet2, I assumed it was the win screen (only saw it on m smartphone) ^^

@GoldenGamer88 Well I can't really give you any advice on chargers as I am still terrible with those (I repeatedly tried getting better in both games), but that's why I see the Squelchers and the SSPro as viable alternatives.
The thing with those weapons is to play less attack-minded (and leave that to the shortrangers who can afford to playing more risky) and play more defensive instead. Like assisting, Inking the ground, pushing the objective from time to time (but not all the time). Instead of spearheading your team's attacks, you become your team's anchor: the squid who achieves less splats but in return doesn't die often, offers a save jumping option and holds the fort when everyone else is dead.

But of course there might be other playstyles as well and all of this might not even apply to chargers.

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Skid

@Hieronymus-E That and ink storm! I've been running a set with tenacity and special charge. Getting 6 ink storms some SZ matches that go the distance. Just call me weatherman!

@shani I wish it showed on the results screen
I think the Forge SSPro help my transition to chargers a lot easier.

I miss you bamboozler. Don't forget about me!

Edited on by Skid

Switch

yokokazuo

@GoldenGamer88 sorry if I missed it, but which charger(s) are you planning on using? And scopes of unscoped?
Personally I prefer the scopes versions overall due to the slightly extra range (though it isn’t as much as the first game now...) and I find that using a scope helps me hit more shots since it zooms in.
Also a lot of the maps in this game are favourable to shorter ranged weapons so I’d say the splatcharger/scope and firefin versions can work well usually. I’ve seen that a lot of people seem to think that the Firefin is currently the best, but I’ve personally never been a fan of a splat wall with a charger due to its ink usage and I’ve never really liked bomb rushes much.
Vanilla Splatcharger is also pretty good now too though since the stingray got buffed. I personally like it for tower control often since I can keep people off it with the stingray.

I still prefer to use the 4K however, mostly for the extra range and inkstorm isn’t bad. I think having it without the scope could work well, but I still prefer having a scope on it. I’d say the splatcharger is best for starting out since it has a good charge time and decent range as well. Try experimenting with scope and non-scope to see which you prefer and then go onto the 4K if you want to try it out.
You don’t have to stick to just one charger of course, learning to use several chargers can be very useful since they can have different benefits for different maps and modes.

Also for sensitivity, I think somewhere in the middle could work, but it’s all about preference. I was -1 in Splatoon 1, but I’m +4 in 2. I find it works and feels best for me with the pro controller, but it is a bit fast when I’m using the joy-cons separately at least. Also handheld mode sensitivity is at +2 instead.
And some other chargers I know are generally lower than me. I believe that Dude uses -2 for chargers or somewhere around that.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic