Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 5,014

Skid

@NaviAndMii Oh man! Thanks for sharing that link! I've been wishing there was something like this, so I'll be using this as a tool. Just unfortunate I can't "test" it

Also, here is a good write up on the new brella from treehouse. Spoiler, one shot kill at pointblank range.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

NaviAndMii

@NapalmPsalm No problem! I saw it linked via Inkipedia and found it really useful when I played around with it ..I discovered that I'd kind of over-stacked Swim Speed Up and it wasn't really benefiting me in the way that I'd hoped - so I tried a few different combinations and seem to have stumbled upon a more well-rounded outfit to suit my play-style - seems to have done the trick too!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Skid

So I feel like I have to brag on myself just a little bit from a match from yesterday(ignore rank plz ). I'm posting this image so you can see I had assists as almost half my splats and not me misleading you into thinking I'm awesome with the e-liter, but running support e-liter in SZ is a lot of fun.

Ink storm is great for assists. Ink mines are also good for assists, but they are also great for re-covering the splat zone after an enemy either steps near it or sets it off with their own ink. Basically every time we took control or wiped the other team I'll jump into the zone and place my ink mines and get back to my perch to offer cover and pressure for my team from a distance again.

Untitled

EDIT: Also, I like hearing everyone's tips and tricks for using subs and specials; so if you use them in any way that might be out of the usual please share! I love learning the tidbits of the game.

Edited on by Skid

Switch

GoldenGamer88

Thanks, @NaviAndMii! Been meaning to work on a second gear set and now I can at least check out the stats without having to waste my precious chunks.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Nicolai

@NapalmPsalm Wow, that sounds pretty good! I wonder if it's just awful in ink efficiency, like the Dynamo.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Skid

@Nicolai From what I can tell in the gif. The three shots from the tenta used close (just barely more)to the same amount of ink as the five shots from the splat brella, so it makes it look like the shots are 1 to 2. I couldn't tell how much the ink usage rate was when they were open. They looked fairly the same to me, but it is hard to tell since they open at different speeds.

Hopefully the new map and the tenta are released for the next splatfest.

Edited on by Skid

Switch

meleebrawler

Seems like the Tenta and Splat Brellas could complement each other well. The Splat grabs turf with it's rate of fire and sprinkler while the Tenta moves on the objective with it's strength, planting beakons in the turf seized by the Splat during moments of downtime. And the Inkstorm could be used in combination with bubbles to make them more robust and threatening

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

-Green-

So I'm assuming the Tenta Brella is to the Splat Brella what the Octobrush is to the Ink Brush. Essentially a more competitive kill focused version.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Skid

@-Green- I guess I agreed an disagree with that. Having a ohk and longer range will make for "easier" splats. On the other hand, the beakons are gonna be great support with sub power up and the bubbles will be good for distracting and covering some turf suddenly. The bigger shield is going to be great for the tower and blocking of paths on certain stages. So I guess I'm still leaning towards support. I guessed it will depend on play style thought

Edited on by Skid

Switch

-Green-

Rapid Blaster Pro is a coming.

What was the difference between the Pro and regular Rapid Blaster in Splatoon 1? Edit: Nvm.

I think it'll have Ink Storm and Toxic Mist. Not the best kit, but if it does have more range than the Rapid Blaster, then that's pretty cooky.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ThomGee

@-Green- The Rapid Blaster Pro had better range and a bigger shot in exchange for being much less rapid than the Rapid Blaster. The Pro was considered to be the Rapid Blaster that's worth using since the RB was kind of a joke in Splatoon.

Also, the RBP has, according to Google Translate, Toxic Mist, which is a perfect fit for its spacing oriented playstyle, and "Ablysia" which I believe is the Ink Storm.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Skid

@Nintendoer Whyyyyy have I not used toxic mist for spacing?! I've only used to to cut off paths in order to herd the other team. I guess the only weapons that have had it up till now are short range weapons. I wasn't planning on giving this a try. I will now.

Switch

Zyrac

@NapalmPsalm Jet Squelcher has Toxic Mist. It's a pretty good space control weapon itself.

Hey, speaking of Blasters, is the standard Blaster any good? I tried it the other day and it did not go well, but maybe I just don't know how to use it.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Skid

@Zyrac Oh yeah, you are right. The thing is, I blow with the squelchers. I have since the first game.

Switch

Pazzo-TheFool

So this is where I go if I want to talk Splatoon 2!

Ahoy, small fry.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Skid

@Nintendoer I didn't realize it was buff'd this go around. Either way there is some kind of disconnect with this weapon when I use it. It just feels so off, and I can't hit anything with it. So yeah, I've used it a little is Spla2n... but the buffs don't help if I can't hit anything XD

Switch

Zyrac

@Nintendoer How was the Jet Squelcher buffed? All Inkipedia says is that the damage went from 31 to 32, which hardly even matters. I know the site isn't complete in that regard, though.

In any case, I was a Squelcher fan in the first game, but these days I find I prefer the Splattershot Pro. It's just stronger while still outranging a lot of things.

Zyrac

Twitter:

ThomGee

@Zyrac Well, it wasn't that it was buffed, more like it wasn't nerfed like many other weapons were, leaving it relatively very good.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic